Game #48 Habs vs BUF Feb 13 2022 12:30

DON

1 minute ago, DON said:

#64 has played better than i expected.

He has made a couple of rough defensive plays so far but for the most part, he has been good.  I wrote something on the site a couple of weeks ago about him - he's someone they should try to get a good look at in the final couple of months to see if he could be a 7th d-man next season.

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Brutal play by Petry.  

Should have benched him as soon as he scored and dealt him while he was "hot"

The preceding is a reflection of sarcasm and extreme frustration with Mr. Petry.

Two defenceman behind the goal-line ... and both to the right of the net ... and nobody paid attention to the guy with three goals.

10th consecutive loss for the first time since 1926 ... 

21 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Brutal play by Petry. 

Yep.  He's had some bad luck too where he makes the right read and the pass hits someone, then things spiral from there.  His struggles are getting magnified by the fact that so many of his mishaps (bad luck or mistakes) are going in the back of the net.  Call me crazy but I think he has played considerably better since the coaching change (although that's not necessarily saying much).

When Schueneman plays better than Jeff “the tanker” Petry... only his mom could defend him at this point

I wonder how many top picks in Edmonton are thanks to him 

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

When Schueneman plays better than Jeff “the tanker” Petry... only his mom could defend him at this point

Hes not played well this season but lets not play revisionist history on prior years 

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hes not played well this season but lets not play revisionist history on prior years 

I am only referring to Edmonton, it is well known that he played himself out of favour in that franchise 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Now that is an exaggeration. There are/were a lot of reasons Edmonton had so many #1 picks.  I would rank incompetent management at the top of the list,  the play of Jeff Petry (he was only there 4 1/2 years) wouldn't have made my list of reasons.  Petry is having a bad year no doubt, he has also had many good years. 

Petry was still a rental dman who was worth a second round pick when Edmonton traded him.

The fanbase was frustrated with him, but NHL GMs  still saw enough good plays that he had value as a rental and got a big contract that summer.

He was not as bad in edmonton as some oilers fans would have you believe.