Jump to content

Mar. 5, Habs vs Oilers, 7 PM


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I can't remember the play, but during the playoffs, a goalie made a save on suzuki and gave him a look. The very next play, he did it again and scored. Cheeky. Last night the goal was called back. Cheeky Suzuki scored the exact same goal. I love that competitive gene in him.

 

Bank shot against I think Calgary?  Markstrom wasn't too pleased with him after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

 

I agree, I really value Lehkonen but you trade a guy when his value is at a peak.  The question is will the other teams recognize his true value and make the right offer. As a previous poster stated, a 2nd isn't nearly good enough but a 1st definitely grabs my attention.

I agree. I like Lekhonan as well, but his value SEEMS like it will be higher than it will in the future. But unless we get a first, or very good prospect and a second, I wouldn’t trade him now, may as well let him hang onto him for the next deadline. 
 

If we didn’t already overpaid for and over committed to Armia and Byron, and we were closer to being competitive, I’d keep Lekhonan, but that’s only IF we could sign him before the trade deadline, rather than risk him going the arbitration to UFA route.  Given where we are, and our history of paying too much to role players, as much as I Iike Lekhonan, I’d move him now if someone overpays, or hang onto to him for one more year and move him in the summer or the next deadline.

 

we don’t have to move Lekhonon, Petry, or Gallagher right now, the way have to move Chiarot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

we don’t have to move Lekhonon, Petry, or Gallagher right now, the way have to move Chiarot.

 

 

Yup, Chiarot has to move, hopefully the highest bid is at least a 1st.  He has certainly helped his trade value the last week (so has Lehkonen). 

 

It's a real dogfight in the West, 7 teams within 7 points of each other fighting for the last few spots. Perhaps that will spur some activity. You have to think it would be a massive disappointment for Vegas and Edmonton to miss the playoffs  as expectations are high there. I wonder if Holland feels his job is on the line, it should feel that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I agree, I really value Lehkonen but you trade a guy when his value is at a peak.  The question is will the other teams recognize his true value and make the right offer. As a previous poster stated, a 2nd isn't nearly good enough but a 1st definitely grabs my attention.

Agreed, trade at maximum value.

 

But the value you get back always should be higher than the value of the player you are shipping out. So, Lehkonen does have great trade value -- but he also has value to the Habs. Which one is higher is something that only HuGo can determine (since they haven't told us what their plan is).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

... (since they haven't told us what their plan is).

 

Personally, trading Toffoli pretty much convinced me it is a rebuild ... not a tear-down rebuild, but a substantial rebuild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

 

Personally, trading Toffoli pretty much convinced me it is a rebuild ... not a tear-down rebuild, but a substantial rebuild.

At that level, I agree. (And I agree with that plan, too!)

 

But they'll know more details, and they'll know which players can fit that rebuild and which do not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Agreed, trade at maximum value.

 

But the value you get back always should be higher than the value of the player you are shipping out. So, Lehkonen does have great trade value -- but he also has value to the Habs. Which one is higher is something that only HuGo can determine (since they haven't told us what their plan is).

This is my thought.  I wouldn't trade him unless the return is right. He'd be a good mentor for younger players coming up. Learning how to play the right way as they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

This is my thought.  I wouldn't trade him unless the return is right. He'd be a good mentor for younger players coming up. Learning how to play the right way as they say.

Just depends if can fit him in roster under cap, i think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DON said:

Just depends if can fit him in roster under cap, i think

And that really depends on who else they plan on trading. If they move, say, Petry, Hoffman and Allen (before next season), we really don't have a major cap issue. Or if Price ends up on LTIR. Or ...

 

Lots of potential moving pieces, but Hugo are (understandably) not revealing which cards they plan to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...