Jordan Harris signs 2 yr ELC

huzer

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Elbow-bending?

Hope not, if so, in moderation.:flaming:

Rookie night already long past, so hope he is focused on bumping Wideman perhaps?

7 hours ago, DON said:

Hope not, if so, in moderation.:flaming:

Rookie night already long past, so hope he is focused on bumping Wideman perhaps?

I think we'll see a bit of a rotation - Harris and Barron probably won't play every game so there will still be games for Wideman, Schueneman, Clague, and maybe the odd one for Lagesson.

12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I think we'll see a bit of a rotation - Harris and Barron probably won't play every game so there will still be games for Wideman, Schueneman, Clague, and maybe the odd one for Lagesson.

I know, but Wideman's defense (lack of or very weak) just bugs me and i wont miss him, but i suppose most 7th-8th d-men are similar quality, but would prefer a defenseman would can defend OK at least. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

I know, but Wideman's defense (lack of or very weak) just bugs me and i wont miss him, but i suppose most 7th-8th d-men are similar quality, but would prefer a defenseman would can defend OK at least. 

I'm no fan either although he's having a good month offensively which may help his standing over the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, DON said:

that is why I was hoping he would be traded at the deadline 

Habs lack depth at that position, and for that reason I would bring him back 

45 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that is why I was hoping he would be traded at the deadline 

Habs lack depth at that position, and for that reason I would bring him back 

I highly doubt he will be in the beer leagues this fall, as he had joked about.

But, surely there must be a better "d-man", who can simply defend better and fill in as 7th d for cheap.

Not, that winning will be the #1 priority next season, so play Harris or some youngster(s) in his spot would be fine by me. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

I highly doubt he will be in the beer leagues this fall, as he had joked about.

But, surely there must be a better "d-man", who can simply defend better and fill in as 7th d for cheap.

Not, that winning will be the #1 priority next season, so play Harris or some youngster(s) in his spot would be fine by me. 

for me it is Wideman or either Brook or Belpedio (who it seems is playing well in the AHL). I do not want to see a prospect in th eNHL playing his offside. like Romanov was doing a few times earlier in his career and also Clague did.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

for me it is Wideman or either Brook or Belpedio (who it seems is playing well in the AHL). I do not want to see a prospect in th eNHL playing his offside. like Romanov was doing a few times earlier in his career and also Clague did.

10% of humans are left-handed, so often a LH d-man MUST play right. Is very common (i think/assume) to not be running out 3 RH d-men every game.

1 hour ago, DON said:

10% of humans are left-handed, so often a LH d-man MUST play right. Is very common (i think/assume) to not be running out 3 RH d-men every game.

Someone posted a week or two ago that Harris played the right-side most of the time so it wouldn't be the normal "off-side" for him

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Someone posted a week or two ago that Harris played the right-side most of the time so it wouldn't be the normal "off-side" for him

Yeah much more lefties on the right than vice versa.  Other than PP though, i dont really like inverted dmen.

Even if you are comfortable... you always have your back turned to the short pass when you retrieve the puck in your corner and may have to ring it around the boards.  Your stick is protecting the outside lane not the one to the net when you have one hand on it and are cutting down passing lanes. Same with defending a man coming down the wing.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Not the right number to look at.

About 2/3 of NHL players shoot left (somewhat higher for Canadians and somewhat lower for US players).

Don’t know whether there would be any difference between forwards and D-men in this regard.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Not the right number to look at.

About 2/3 of NHL players shoot left (somewhat higher for Canadians and somewhat lower for US players).

Don’t know whether there would be any difference between forwards and D-men in this regard.

133 RH d-men NHL.com list

203 LH d-men

i would not of thought #s so close

10 hours ago, DON said:

133 RH d-men NHL.com list

203 LH d-men

i would not of thought #s so close

RHD were at such premium 20+ years ago that I wonder whether some smart hockey parents may have streamed more of their RH-kids to that positioned.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Seems like a smart kid, hope he has nice uneventful debut tomorrow.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/media-op-harris/t-277437414/c-11171451

I don't think anyone has ever questioned his intelligence, he is a smart kid.  I think he is one of those quiet leader types.