2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

exactly!

So you admit it.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, GHT120 said:

So you admit it.

logging out of all accounts devices now.

Talk t you all in the fall.

Edited by alfredoh2009
corrected accounts to devices, honest mistake

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

logging out of all accounts now.

Talk t you all in the fall.

All accounts???

Unfortunately, Grand Rapids didn't cooperate as they lost to Cleveland.  Their leading scorer was recalled just before the game while Detroit sent Simon Edvinsson back today.  Bad luck on the timing there.  Laval remains one point up but Cleveland still has a game in hand.

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Unfortunately, Grand Rapids didn't cooperate as they lost to Cleveland.  Their leading scorer was recalled just before the game while Detroit sent Simon Edvinsson back today.  Bad luck on the timing there.  Laval remains one point up but Cleveland still has a game in hand.

Those three Monsters' games are not necessarily easy ... all against teams above them in the standings, and (currently) jostling for playoff position ... 7pm Friday and 5:05 p.m. Saturday on the road, with a late-night 2-hour bus ride in-between ... and 3pm Sunday, after a 4-hour bus ride home to Cleveland ... BUT ... Laval needs to take care of business Wednesday against Division leader Toronto and Friday against "playoff jostler" Syracuse ... at least both games are at home in Laval.

🤞

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Those three Monsters' games are not necessarily easy ... all against teams above them in the standings, and (currently) jostling for playoff position ... 7pm Friday and 5:05 p.m. Saturday on the road, with a late-night 2-hour bus ride in-between ... and 3pm Sunday, after a 4-hour bus ride home to Cleveland ... BUT ... Laval needs to take care of business Wednesday against Division leader Toronto and Friday against "playoff jostler" Syracuse ... at least both games are at home in Laval.

🤞

This is simple... all they can do is control what they can, get four points, and hope.  

If they get two wins and still miss, at least they gave it their best in big games. 

If they can't get two wins, they don't deserve it.  Can't hope for Cleveland to lose twice. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, GHT120 said:

All accounts???

I meant all devices, don't get all "conspiracy" on me. I am just a vegetable head trying to take root on this world :bonk:

I've fixed the previous post

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I meant all devices, don't get all "conspiracy" on me. I am just a vegetable head trying to take root on this world :bonk:

I've fixed the previous post

I knew you would be back. These boards just wouldn't be the same without you.  Welcome back!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I knew you would be back. These boards just wouldn't be the same without you.  Welcome back!!

thanks buddy, that's really nice. Appreciated.

I didn't come back to get my ego inflated, just wanted to clarify things and wish Teasdale all the best (other thread).

Three goals for Laval in the 3rd including a third for Richard and Laval wins 6-3. :1banana:

https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1024993

Utica lost in regulation as well.  If Laval wins Friday and Utica loses both in regulation, they'd be tied and I think Laval would have the tie-breaker in that scenario.  A long way to go to get to that point though.

On 4/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, GHT120 said:

... BUT ... Laval needs to take care of business Wednesday against Division leader Toronto and Friday against "playoff jostler" Syracuse ... at least both games are at home in Laval.

And they DID ... with Utica's 2-1 win over Cleveland, playoffs nest week.

I am so happy for the Laval Rocket.

Too bad some prospects in the NHL will not get to enjoy the playoff atmosphere.

I was too young then, but I remember hearing a bit of the stories about the mythical 1980s Les Voisins de Laval when Mario Lemieux was there. There were also the crazy 1990s period of the "House of Pain".

Let's hope this year's Rocket goes far.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Best of 3 eh?

Will opponent have also lost players to the Devils "black aces" group?

Most teams don't do "black aces" if their AHL team is still alive.  The whole idea of black aces is to keep those players skating after the AHL team is eliminated. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Most teams don't do "black aces" if their AHL team is still alive.  The whole idea of black aces is to keep those players skating after the AHL team is eliminated. 

Ah, makes sense, thanks Ben.

• tomh009 unpinned this topic