2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Harvey-Pinard and Ylonen were papered to Laval.  That means Barron, Pitlick, and Belzile are up for the rest of the year.  Barron's injury last night made him ineligible to be sent down.

what a fudging, screwed up opportunity to develop the prospects in Laval. I am disappointed

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

What would you have done?

Right. Can't send everyone down, need players on the Habs, too. And neither Pitlick or Belzile is really a prospect as such, even if they might end up playing more NHL games yet.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

He doesn't know, but whatever it is, its different from what HuGo actually did.  He always is disappointed and would have done the opposite. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

not much, I have a very poor record on calling out actual deals. but I am still disappointed the management team that is responsible for this to not have made adjustements during the season to help the AHL team go far

Laval loses 2-1 in a shootout.  The Rocket scored once in 11 rounds in the shootout.  The two goals for Rockford were from former Hab prospect Cam Hillis and Morgan Adams-Moisan (who used to play for Laval once upon a time).

Rocket adding some muscle in preparation for the Calder cup run (McKay, Yaremko)

The Rocket adding an NCAA graduating senior

image.png

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

He likely has to get through the immigration process.  

Sure, i just hadnt seen any update on his status, since signing.

18 hours ago, DON said:

Sure, i just hadnt seen any update on his status, since signing.

He won't play this weekend at a minimum due to not skating in a practice with the team yet.  Based on Houle's comments about not wanting to pull Olivier Galipeau out of the lineup, I'm not sure Struble is going to play all that much.

A bit on Struble on The Athletic;

https://theathletic.com/4322832/2023/03/18/jayden-struble-wants-to-take-his-time-to-do-things-right-with-the-laval-rocket/

"The fact Nicolas Beaudin has a minor injury might make the logjam on defence easier for Houle to manage for a game or two, but he has often dressed seven defencemen lately – he has even used an eighth as a forward – to keep everyone in the mix. So he’s letting Struble settle into his new surroundings for a few days, let him get acquainted with the Rocket’s system, and barring injuries or call-ups, the newcomer could make his debut next week."

• tomh009 unpinned this topic