2022-23 Laval Rocket Discussion Thread

tomh009

I am also happy for the Rocket's captain!

Beaudin is playing some good hockey in Laval. 

I hope he gets a look soon, especially with Xhekaj out. 

I'd rather him play and see if he has anything (as doubtful as that might be) than see Chris Wideman in the lineup every night. 

Oh well, maybe after Edmundson is traded. 

20 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Beaudin is 7th D! 😮

Schueneman has been recalled, and Beaudin will get more playing time. It seems that he was playing well when paired with Shueneman

Tonight's lines:

FpR_w0zaEAUBOFk?format=jpg&name=medium

3-1 Rocket after 20 minutes.  I keep forgetting about Bowey being a logical recall option as well, someone that has some NHL experience but you don't really care if he's up as the seventh defender and sits.

• Upvote 1

It's a tight battle for all the playoff spots bar the first (the Marlies): there are five teams separated by only four points. The good thing is that the Rocket has 13 points in the last 10 games, no one bar Cleveland (14) has more, and Utica in 3rd place has only 5.

I am happy for Belzile. I wanted him to be recalled to earlier this season to have a last kick at the can in the NHL. It seems like the injuries and potential trades have earned him an NHL salary for the rest of the season. 

Still, I find it an odd way to manage the AHL assets in their current Calder cup run. really odd

Not 100% sure that's correct.  Belzile was converted to a regular recall partway through his emergency recall.  If that resets the clock, he's still exempt.  Having said that, I think they'd prioritize papering down the youngsters first so either way, it seems likely that Belzile stays up.

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

You can't just paper down everyone.... Everyone you paper down (and then recall) counts as one of the four post-deadline AHL recalls that teams are allowed to use. 

Exactly.  That's why I think they'll focus on papering the young guys and leave Pitlick/Belzile up.  Hughes said a while ago he wants Primeau to get some NHL games down the stretch so he'll be one of the four regular recalls (unless there's an injury).

• tomh009 unpinned this topic