Jump to content

October 15th, Montreal @ Washington, 7:00pm EST


TurdBurglar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seeing a lot of neutrals complimenting Gallagher for standing up for captain Suzuki at the end of the game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Seeing a lot of neutrals complimenting Gallagher for standing up for captain Suzuki at the end of the game.  

 

Yes, kudos to Gallagher for doing that, he seems to have a lot of jump this year although it hasn't translated to any results yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xhekaj/Slaf I could easily picture doing better in Laval.

4th line minutes for #20 and simply NHL experience might be all well & good, but am sure big minutes, PP time etc in AHL couldnt be much worse for his development could it?

Would love to see Guhle playing less also.

Injured in game #2 then plays 20:29 the next night, i dont like it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DON said:

Xhekaj/Slaf I could easily picture doing better in Laval.

4th line minutes for #20 and simply NHL experience might be all well & good, but am sure big minutes, PP time etc in AHL couldnt be much worse for his development could it?

Would love to see Guhle playing less also.

Injured in game #2 then plays 20:29 the next night, i dont like it.

 

 

 

These are all sound insights, DON. 

 

Is anyone surprised Drouin did nothing? At least Pitlick gets involved.

 

This game was always going to be an L due to who was in net. Holding the Caps to 3 is actually quite a respectable outcome for this group with that goaltender (much as I have a weird fondness for Monty, him behind that D is the stuff of Pat Burns’s worst nightmares). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This game was always going to be an L due to who was in net. Holding the Caps to 3 is actually quite a respectable outcome for this group with that goaltender (much as I have a weird fondness for Monty, him behind that D is the stuff of Pat Burns’s worst nightmares). 

The Caps' stars are aging but they still have scary elite-level scaring capability. Six shots  on net (and none of them blocked) in the first minute of that first power play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tip of the cap to Monty for showing some promise, playing NHL level and giving team a chance.

 

For all of the forward depth, the lack of shots (esp high danger) and goals is quite disappointing.

I have seen more completed and quality passes from defensemen so far this year than all of last pretty much, so I am pointing finger at forwards for a lack of vision, execution.

 

The top line is the only threat to score, it is too easy for opposition to plan against a one line team (esp on road).

 

I will give Drouin credit for some good back checking and defensive play but overall was underwhelming.

As has been mentioned between he, Hoff and Dado there is a lot of dough tied up in lack of results.  Could also add Dvo and Gally to this to some extent and most likely Armia when he returns.

 

Time for Pezz and some offensive zone time.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll note that Dvorak was about 65% in the faceoff circle in the game (and Monahan 60%).

 

And I do think Gallagher's play is significantly improved from last year, even if he doesn't have much to show on the score sheets after three games. Hoffman and Dadonov, not so much. (Withholding comment on Drouin until he plays a few more games.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Giving Drouin more minutes and time on the PP over Slavkovsky I believe is wrong. Drouin wasnt good enough to start games 1 and 2 but gets PP time in game 3 while our bluechip  rookie has yet to get a sniff on the PP (in a development year)?? that I dont like regardless if Drouin was backchecking and engaged (for once) on the night

 

Guhle looked like the best Dman for both teams against the leafs and didnt slow down much in Det but for the scare and is earning the minutes he's been playing... Hes looks great and although its only 3 games he looks like a real keeper! As long as his level of play continues i see no reason to not continue this upward trajectory of responsibility... Personally Id like to see him get a few less minutes 5on5 and PK and get some minutes on the PP

 

0 for 10 on the PP and they just cant get shi* together what 5 straight seasons or more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe St Louis did not want to put Slafkovsky on the power play too early, but rather work on the five-on-five game first, so it's not a question of him preferring Drouin over the kid. Same may be true of Guhle, too. Their priority is not to win games but to develop the young players.

 

PP looks visually better than last year but is not yet producing results, as you point out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I believe St Louis did not want to put Slafkovsky on the power play too early, but rather work on the five-on-five game first, so it's not a question of him preferring Drouin over the kid. Same may be true of Guhle, too. Their priority is not to win games but to develop the young players.

 

PP looks visually better than last year but is not yet producing results, as you point out.

If that's the case, it's exactly why you would give easy PP minutes to the kid to develop rather then the UFA...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

If that's the case, it's exactly why you would give easy PP minutes to the kid to develop rather then the UFA...

Not when you hope to be able to harvest any value for them at the trade deadline ... especially Hoffman, who has another season on his contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...