Jeff Gorton interview with Marinaro

Neech

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber would be very useful as a mentor to these kids, if he could still play. His game degenerated considerably over 2020-21, notwithstanding his tremendous playoff play, so I can't say I miss seeing him out there. The main thing is that we are not stuck with his Titanic of a contract. Not that I wish Weber any personal ill, but we got very, very lucky in that respect.

I'd love to see him return as an assistant coach at some point. (I doubt that he will - he wasn't happy to be traded and never seemed to love Montreal especially - and I imagine that Nashville would be the likeliest landing pad for him). But since he is still unretired, could he even be hired as a full-time assistant? Would that double-dipping raise any procedural issues with the insurance company, for example?

One thing that guys like Price and Weber need to do is come to terms with what they no doubt feel is a premature end to their careers. Price seems to have made that step, Weber may still be struggling with it. Who knows. So - in addition to the fact that he is still unretired - he may need a bit of time before his head is in a good place to take on a new role. Who knows. 

How about Price and Weber coaching in Vancouver or Seattle, growing through their farm system?

I would be happy for them if that was possible, being close to home

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

How about Price and Weber coaching in Vancouver or Seattle, growing through their farm system?

I would be happy for them if that was possible, being close to home

I wouldn't wish the misfortune of working for the Vancouver Canucks on either of them

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I wouldn't wish the misfortune of working for the Vancouver Canucks on either of them

ha ha ha

I forgot how much you dislike that franchise

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

ha ha ha

I forgot how much you dislike that franchise

It's not so much that! The franchise is a complete basket case. Meddling and pennywise/pound-foolish owners, no prospects, management and coach at loggerheads, a decade of incompetence that Rutherford and Alvin seem unable to alter (e.g., the boat anchor contract to JT Miller). Stay away, Carey!! 

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's not so much that! The franchise is a complete basket case. Meddling and pennywise/pound-foolish owners, no prospects, management and coach at loggerheads, a decade of incompetence that Rutherford and Alvin seem unable to alter (e.g., the boat anchor contract to JT Miller). Stay away, Carey!! 

sounds worse than the Senators here in Ottawa

WOW

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

sounds worse than the Senators here in Ottawa

WOW

I forgot to mention: human rights complaints against the organization (Vancouver Canucks at centre of human rights complaint | CTV News) as well as allegations of child abuse against the owner (Allegations of child abuse levelled against Francesco Aquilini: lawyer | Vancouver Sun)

The Gong Show - Rotten Tomatoes

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I forgot to mention: human rights complaints against the organization (Vancouver Canucks at centre of human rights complaint | CTV News) as well as allegations of child abuse against the owner (Allegations of child abuse levelled against Francesco Aquilini: lawyer | Vancouver Sun)

The Gong Show - Rotten Tomatoes

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The truth has been revealed:

Everyone will understand and have sympathy for you @alfredoh2009now that they know you hate Subban because after he was traded your wife and kids turned into Sens fans.  Dam Subban, that homewrecker.  

I think we have found the turncoats, and they aren't PK Subban. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'd love to see him return as an assistant coach at some point. (I doubt that he will - he wasn't happy to be traded and never seemed to love Montreal especially - and I imagine that Nashville would be the likeliest landing pad for him). But since he is still unretired, could he even be hired as a full-time assistant? Would that double-dipping raise any procedural issues with the insurance company, for example?

No, the Habs (or anyone else) couldn't hire Weber.  Dallas tried that with Ben Bishop this season and the league eventually blocked it.  I believe there's precedent for Weber to potentially work for the league while technically being under contract still but not a team.  However, it's worth noting that at that time, the player (I think it was Chris Pronger) had been ruled unable to play for the rest of his career.  Such a declaration continues to not be made for Weber which is a little on the puzzling side since it's clear he's not returning.  (I wonder if they're waiting for the trade to Arizona this coming summer before doing that...).

I regret having reached out to Commandant to come back to the forum when he was having a tantrum. He is a bully.

Even on ignore, I cannot stand him :(

I used to like reading his comments.

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I regret having reached out to Commandant to come back to the forum when he was having a tantrum. He is a bully.

Can't make good points, so you resort to personal attacks.... and that makes me the bully??  Ok there. 

Where have I bullied you?  by responding to your points and disagreeing with you?

I never attacked you personally, but now you are out here name calling, merely cause I disagreed that PK was a turncoat?  You are the only one who resorted to personal attacks.

Come on man.

If you want to post on a message board you have to accept that people will disagree with you.  That doesn't make me a bully, no more than being traded made PK a turncoat. 

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Because we are all Hab fans (fan is short for fanatic by the way) the debate can sometimes get a little emotional and some are better than others at being a little more diplomatic when they disagree. I think the key is not to make it personal when you disagree with another opinion. There are a lot of posters on this board that I really enjoy and sometimes I disagree with them but it's never personal. If they disagree with me on something I am not offended at all. It keeps me sharp to have to defend my opinion.  I think I am starting to ramble so I will stop.  Go Vegas tonight!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

... I think I am starting to ramble so I will stop ...

But it was a good ramble.

On 1/12/2023 at 8:52 AM, alfredoh2009 said:

tenor.gif

Ahahaaa, here is another Canucks Gong Show epsiode to add to the tally: Canucks begin internal investigation around handling of Pearson's hand injury (sportsnet.ca)