2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

Kaz to start his first game for the Rocket:

3-2 final for the Rocket: Roy 1g+1a, Xhekaj 2a.

The Rocket are 5-4-0-1 in the last 10, after a 5-10-3-1 start. Still second to last, but only five points back of the third-placed Marlies.

14 hours ago, tomh009 said:

A solid first game for Kaskisuo.

He was really solid, in control and well positioned. If he plays this well the rest of the season, the Rocket will be in the playoffs. I think he can be a great tandem with Dobes who has been playing great lately 

2 game win streak to end year.

Rocket vs. Crunch recap & highlights: A perfect end to the year (habseyesontheprize.com)

Roy 26pts 30gms

Mailloux 17pts 30gms

Farrell 16pts 22gms

Xhekaj 8pts 10gms

Kidney 12pts 27gms

Simoneau 16pts 25gms

Struble 6pts 12gms

Heineman 6pts 10gms

Xhekaj and Mailloux are playing well together

Farrel has looked very good in the few games I’ve watched.

for some reason I get Simoneau and Trudeau on the ice even if they do not play the same position. I like how Simoneau plays

For some reason, I do not believe Kidney will do

much on the ice just for him to make some flashy play that makes me rethink my bias against him

I like how  Gignac, Condotta and McKay play with passion although they are career AHLers.

the Rocket has turned the corner and seem to be on an upward trajectory in the standings

:tigi::tigi::tigi: Nooooo ! :tigi::tigi::tigi:

He was up with the Habs previously and the Rocket are also getting players back from injury like Andersson. 

I don't think one recall depletes the Rocket, and we need a player given we only had 11 forwards last night (and we clearly saw the team run out of steam in the third period). 

This is a good move. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

He was up with the Habs previously and the Rocket are also getting players back from injury like Andersson. 

I don't think one recall depletes the Rocket, and we need a player given we only had 11 forwards last night (and we clearly saw the team run out of steam in the third period). 

This is a good move. 

Of Andersson players well when he returns, I hope we give him a serious look with the habs. May as well with Dach and Newhook out.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Of Andersson players well when he returns, I hope we give him a serious look with the habs. May as well with Dach and Newhook out.

Once both Pearson and Newhook are back, they'll be up to 13 forwards (assuming Heineman is back in Laval by then). So, to bring Andersson up, they would need to send someone back down--Pezzetta, Stephens, Armia?

Armia is the popular whipping boy but losing him will make our sad PK even sadder. That's 5.67 net GA/60 on PK, only Kovacevic is even close.

image.png

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That's all assuming pearson and newhook return on time and there are no other injuries before then.

Yes, those are big ifs. But so is "if Andersson plays well when he returns" ... 😊

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Yes, those are big ifs. But so is "if Andersson plays well when he returns" ... 😊

You make too much sense ! 

46 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I dont think its that big an IF that he will play well in the AHL.  He's always been fine in the AHL.  Its the NHL where hes struggled.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Well he seemed to be playing well until he got injured - seemed productive anyways.