Game #11 - November 4th - Montreal vs. St Louis - 7 p.m.

GHT120

• Like 1

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #11 - November 4th - Montreal vs. St Louis - 7 p.m.

Slaf came through 

Another game with a power play goal, didn't see that coming.

Not a fan of the coverage on both St. Louis goals though.  Too many people were asleep on the backdoor play for Kyrou and Thomas had way too much room to work with on his goal.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Not a fan of the coverage on both St. Louis goals though.  Too many people were asleep on the backdoor play for Kyrou and Thomas had way too much room to work with on his goal.

Much agreed on that. The Blues forwards are skating circles around our D.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Not much to celebrate here as many players struggled tonight. 

Slaf looked decent with Suzuki and he did have 3 or 4 really good tips that just missed and of course he scored on the PP. 

Nice work by Slaf on the Suzuki goal too. 

Yeah, keep Slaf with the big boys for a bit. Maybe he needs to be in offensive situations 🤔 

I guess best thing was Slafkovski shovelling a puck into the net and looking happier.

10 Thoughts: Habs outplayed by tired Blues in 6-3 loss – HabsWorld.net

HW Habs 3 Stars
First Star: Brendan Gallagher (1g, 1a, 4 shots, 14:05 TOI) ...

Second Star: Juraj Slafkovsky (1g, 0a, 4 shots, 18:08 TOI) ...

Third Star: Jordan Harris (0g, 0a, 2 shots, 16:44 TOI)...

I had to miss the third because I was off to see Ballet BC. But what struck me was how terrible our defensive coverage was for much of the night.

You know me, I like to squint ahead. Is MSL a coach who can instill the kind of structure that teams need when they start to get serious about winning? That remains to be seen.

37 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I had to miss the third because I was off to see Ballet BC. But what struck me was how terrible our defensive coverage was for much of the night.

You know me, I like to squint ahead. Is MSL a coach who can instill the kind of structure that teams need when they start to get serious about winning? That remains to be seen.

And ... are Burrows, Letkowski and Robidas capable of supporting him in doing so?

I support more of a football approach where the assistant coaches are the "co-ordinators" that install the systems, with the approval of the HC.

17 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He hasn’t been right all season - at least compared to last season 

That qualifier at the end is the big one.  Matheson looks like the Matheson of old in his pre-Montreal days, not the number one he was with Montreal last season.  The Matheson of old struggled with heavy minutes and was turnover-prone which is where things are now.