GAME#27 Habs vs Sabres 7pm Sat Dec 9 2023

DON

• DON changed the title to GAME#27 Habs vs Sabres 7pm Sat Dec 9 2023

4 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yep Primeau is playing great. Can he keep playing great for two more periods?

Lots of turnovers from both teams and that makes for fun to watch hockey. 

Yes, and the way Primeau is playing so far I was almost surprised its him because he is looking more like Monty.

I loved that Armia looked around and went on that rush and almost scored.  Later on in the same sequence when the puck was back in Habs end he could have repeated it and gone on another rush.  However, he didn't look around and just dumped the puck.

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes, and the way Primeau is playing so far I was almost surprised its him because he is looking more like Monty.

I loved that Armia looked around and went on that rush and almost scored.  Later on in the same sequence when the puck was back in Habs end he could have repeated it and gone on another rush.  However, he didn't look around and just dumped the puck.

Armia pisses me off. He'll look great about 1.2% of the time. The rest of the time he is as useful as a legless mule.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Can’t blame him. He was absolutely gassed after that rush. 

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I loved that Armia looked around and went on that rush and almost scored.  

That would have been a spectacular goal. If he had scored on that rush I would be sending the clip to the other 31 GM's in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Can’t blame him. He was absolutely gassed after that rush. 

Yes, that is true and I had thought of that.  However, Armia could have passed it the other Habs player that was near him and he could have went on a rush.

It drives me crazy how many times they could potentially do that vs times they actually think to try it.  They generally dump the puck down the ice way too often.  That especially drives me nuts when they do in OT.   

ex:  in OT when the other team is putting pressure on in the Habs end, when the Habs finally get possession of the puck, the threat is immediately over.  There is no need to ever dump the puck like that in OT.   

Ylonen looked great on that PP.  It's too bad after some great passing plays the PP died after a few bad decisions by other players.  Barron killed the momentum with a wrist shot from the point, in heavy traffic while Buffalo's defense was scrambling.  It was looking dangerous up until that point. 

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Not a good sign Barron leaving the ice after that hit from behind.  Should be a 5 and a game.

He's a Habs young player who was finding his game...safe to say he will be injured for approximately 17 months

EDIT: commentator keeps trying to justify the hit. It's Barron's fault he got boarded. Sigh. At least the refs let the perpetrator have it.

Well, at least the Habs had a much better response this game than the last time when Barron got did dirty by Doughty.   That was a pathetic complete non-reaction in the LA game.

I was surprised that Barron didn't miss any time from the hit from the previous game

• Like 1

Just now, DON said:

D men leading the way... again.:popcorn:

We have a crazy surplus of really nice young defencemen. Good problem to have.

Holy sh*t! Slick Nick!! Way to make Buffalo pay for that dirty hit