GAME#27 Habs vs Sabres 7pm Sat Dec 9 2023

DON

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

EDIT: commentator keeps trying to justify the hit. It's Barron's fault he got boarded. Sigh. At least the refs let the perpetrator have it.

I would be on the side of the commentators if Barron saw Robinson coming and turned his back to Robinson at the last minute.  Robinson was coming in with steam and was only looking at numbers the entire way.  Can't hit a player then.

8 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I would be on the side of the commentators if Barron saw Robinson coming and turned his back to Robinson at the last minute.  Robinson was coming in with steam and was only looking at numbers the entire way.  Can't hit a player then.

The Barron hit sucked and I hope he is ok but I somewhat have to agree with the argument of Barron being partially to blame.  I liked what Bieska said and that Barron was in a vulnerable position and remained in it for a while.

Robinson likely thought Barron would turn as he skated in towards him.  To me, it did look like he let up, he certainly could have hit Barron a lot harder than he did.

Barron DID NOT turn into the hit.

The fact he was in a vulnerable position for a long time, is not a defence for Robinson.  In fact it makes the hit worse cause he saw the numbers and still made the hit.

Blaming Barron for being in a vulnerable position too long is ####ing stupid.  It's like blaming a girl for wearing too short a skirt.

I can understand the turned into it defence when that happens cause hockey is such a fast sport and you might not have time to readjust.  But he was in the vulnerable position too long? GTFO with that Bull crap.

• Upvote 1

No penalty for the hit from behind on Caufield, but a tripping on Dvorak.  I'm really not trying to jump on the refs this year, but this game is just ridiculous.

It's a shame Primeau is having a great game but it's trash officiating probably going to lose it for him.

10 minutes ago, Helmethead said:
12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Sabres taking liberties out there...I want The Sherrif back in the lineup

Exactement

They have Arber playing with Mailloux now so I am ok with him being down for a bit.  I'm hoping those 2 have chemistry together and Mailloux's  +/- greatly improves and he eventually gets called up at some point this year.