Game 61 Habs at Tampa March 2 7pm

Will Savard be traded this deadline?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Trade?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Damn I thought RHP was ready to go 

Expect he is close, but they may want to drag it out a couple/few days if they have a trade(s) in the works ... HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE ... if another team wants Armia, Pearson or (in my dreams) Anderson and the return doesn't include an NHL forward then RHP can just slide in and fill the roster spot.

I'm going to miss the first few minutes of this game, because I'll be tuned into Leafs-Rangers to see if Rempe and Reaves drop the gloves right off the hop.  Hoping for a Reaves loss, and a solid performance from our first line tonight featuring a goal (or two) from 22.

Present for the rare Evans goal 🙋‍♂️

Last goal my brain remembers of his was when Scheifele drilled him after the empty netter in the playoffs.

He did score in February, I just don’t remember it.

Fill the net!:popcorn:

OK, now just dont have another crappy 2nd period and give the young goalie a bigger lead to work with.

How many 2 goal leads have we blown this season? I wouldn't be surprised if we lead the league in that category. All TB has to do is wake up and they'll win; but that lackluster effort was very out of character for the team we've watched for the past few years. So who knows, maybe we have a chance.

Armia/Anderson/Caufield/Evans 3 shots each.

Habs have lost 4-3 & 5-3 so far to TB this year, how similar will this one be?

Armia now with 4pts in last 4 games.

Primeau was strong all night. The important thing is that this no longer feels surprising. Allen (who has given fine service) can leave any time.

I found it frustrating that Suze, after causing SHGA with a brutal giveaway, made a driven, dominant play to get it back and unleashed a howitzer past the G...only to ring it off the post. F**k. He deserved that one and it would have been a real "statement" goal.

Slaf quietly made a huge defensive play along the boards in the dying seconds of regulation. He just overpowered everyone and would not be denied.

Interesting stat about the Habs having the most one-goal games of any team. That does afford some hope that we may not be THAT far from reaching the tipping point into being decent. A few % improvement in a few areas, and the worm could turn. Maybe.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Primeau was strong all night. The important thing is that this no longer feels surprising. Allen (who has given fine service) can leave any time.

I found it frustrating that Suze, after causing SHGA with a brutal giveaway, made a driven, dominant play to get it back and unleashed a howitzer past the G...only to ring it off the post. F**k. He deserved that one and it would have been a real "statement" goal.

Slaf quietly made a huge defensive play along the boards in the dying seconds of regulation. He just overpowered everyone and would not be denied.

Interesting stat about the Habs having the most one-goal games of any team. That does afford some hope that we may not be THAT far from reaching the tipping point into being decent. A few % improvement in a few areas, and the worm could turn. Maybe.

We will turn you into a believer…Habs are taking a wildcard spot next season. Dach’s body willing 

That Slafkovsky play you describe was indeed wonderful. He just overpowered everyone and the Tampa threat disappeared. The guy is only 19 years old, what are we in for when Slafkovsky hits 24 - it’s exciting. 

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We will turn you into a believer…Habs are taking a wildcard spot next season. Dach’s body willing 

That Slafkovsky play you describe was indeed wonderful. He just overpowered everyone and the Tampa threat disappeared. The guy is only 19 years old, what are we in for when Slafkovsky hits 24 - it’s exciting. 

Yeah. Sometimes I think Slaf is going to become one of the most physically dominant players in the entire league. I mean...doing that at 19? Damn.

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah. Sometimes I think Slaf is going to become one of the most physically dominant players in the entire league. I mean...doing that at 19? Damn.

And if we can get an elite forward or two in the draft then this will be a fun team to watch for a number of years. 

10 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

That is still a 20+ point jump ... I expect them to be in the wildcard chase next season but not close enough to make the eventual playoff teams too nervous.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That is still a 20+ point jump ... I expect them to be in the wildcard chase next season but not close enough to make the eventual playoff teams too nervous.

Maybe 15, maybe 25. This one's not finished yet so don't know how much of a jump will be needed to get into the 95-point range. But, regardless of where they finish, like PMK, I do expect to see a step forward in results--not only in individual performances by the young players--next year.