GAME #62 - Canadiens @ Predators - 8 p.m. - Tuesday March 5th

What a horrific late-game power play that was.  But then they score right after, go figure.  Nice shot from Suzuki for the winner.  In general, nice push-back from the Habs against what was the hottest team in the league.

Suzuki leading them on a run at Buffalo and 8th overall slot.

😉

My internet has been acting up lately so I only saw a bit of it on the Preds feed but I did see the great turnover at center and Roy's snipe.  

I haven't seen Savards goal yet so I have no idea what happened but I heard the announcers talking about it being weird.  Plus, I saw the intermission where they were asking if anyone had seen something like that before and Gill said he's seen similar before but its definitely rare.

Apparently, that's the 20th OT that the Habs have been in this year.   

Suzuki has been playing like a Savage!!

image.png

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Nice comeback win and to see Struble back out there, too back Kovavevic had to sit.

Caufield 6 shots at least and game finish by the Captain.

Awesome back check by Slafkovski to not take a penalty.

Lots of positives, fun game.

10 Thoughts: Habs Win OT Thriller – HabsWorld.net

Im happy that Suzuki and Caufield put up two points each at least. 

I am also happy that Roy scored. I think Roy might be capable of second line scoring or a very strong third liner. He looks really good. 

Ideally the 2nd line is made up of Dach, a free agent/traded player, and then the third spot is Roy vs Newhook with the loser on the third line. 

That said, if they can't get a big acquisition, it could be Roy - Dach - Newhook. 

Either way, I think we want a top 9 that can all provide some offence, especially since we are likely to use 8 forwards on the PP (4 per unit). 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I am also happy that Roy scored. I think Roy might be capable of second line scoring or a very strong third liner. He looks really good. 

Roy looks really strong for a rookie. I am also happy he scored. Very glad they proved me wrong and won the game. 

7 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yep, the Habs 1st line has been on fire and that's a great sign for future years.

I agree with Roy too.  In 2-3 years I tend to think that Roy and Beck will be a huge part of their shut down/checking 3rd line that will be almost as good as their 2nd line.  Any difference in production will be primarily due to TOI rather than a vast difference in talent.  i.e. Roy and Beck are fairly offensive too but they're better defensively than Dach and whoever else ends up on the 2nd line.  At this time it's incredibly hard to project who might be the other player on that 3rd line because of all the prospects they have plus who else they draft.  However, I somewhat expect that it could eventually be Florian.