Game 78 Philly at Habs 7pm Tuesday April 9

Are the Habs going to add a first line forward this offseason?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your prediction?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, a loss is better but this should be the easiest game the Habs  have left.  Philly is totally disintegrating and just got smacked in Columbus in an almost must win game. Maybe the Tortorella magic has completely worn off. I would be very surprised if the Habs don't win. 

27 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

End of season is finally coming. Sorry boys but it best if we lose. Wouldn’t mind if Suzuki or Caufield or Slafkovsky fills the net though. 

Five more losses and nothing Arizona or Ottawa or Calgary can do to the Habs' draft position.

49 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, a loss is better but this should be the easiest game the Habs  have left.  Philly is totally disintegrating and just got smacked in Columbus in an almost must win game. Maybe the Tortorella magic has completely worn off. I would be very surprised if the Habs don't win. 

Personally I would be happy to see the Flyers finish ahead of the Capitals (but still out of the playoffs).

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Any particular reason for that? You just don't like the Flyers? 

I particularly don't like Ovechkin.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Wow Dvorak plays tonight 

Good to see he'll get a few games in to make sure he is indeed fully recovered and can have a normal summer of workouts.  Also doesn't hurt from a trade perspective to show 'hey, he's actually healthy'.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Good to see he'll get a few games in to make sure he is indeed fully recovered and can have a normal summer of workouts.  Also doesn't hurt from a trade perspective to show 'hey, he's actually healthy'.

It is good he gets a chance to play, good for his mental health. It's a no pressure game. It looks like Philly is discouraged and have packed it in. I think this is about as sure a win as the Habs are going to get this year.  The rest of the games are against teams who are fighting for a playoff spot (except for Ottawa). 

Dvorak and Anderson and Gallagher all scoring in the same game? I think philly has to be relegated to the AHL now since that happened.  Im pretth sure its a rule.

They have totally quit on Torts. This is the 8th straight loss... only 1 win since healthy scratching Couturier. This is full rebellion against the coach.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Dvorak and Anderson and Gallagher all scoring in the same game? I think philly has to be relegated to the AHL now since that happened.  Im pretth sure its a rule.

They have totally quit on Torts. This is the 8th straight loss... only 1 win since healthy scratching Couturier. This is full rebellion against the coach.

Dvorak (2) and Gallagher (2) now.

That's ECHL relegation. 

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

If we're going to blow the draft pick, might as well blow it in a big way! :gohabsgo:

That's true, Slaf getting a hat trick is nice.  Winning a game 2-1 with Gallagher and Pearson getting the only goals would be a complete waste. 

The Flyers didn't even push back tonight.  They took only 1 minor penalty in a game where they got smoked.  They are done, they have quit. 

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Wow, what the hell happened!!! 

Dvorak had more goals tonight than KK had in his last 21 games before being made a healthy scratch for the last two.

Oh and Slaf had a hattrick.

Seems the flyers are actively trying to get Torts fired at this point.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Wow, what the hell happened!!! 

The clock struck midnight for the Flyers, reversion to the mean, whatever you want to call it. I never thought the Flyers were a playoff team and it is finally showing. When they lost 6-2 in Columbus in an important game it became pretty obvious they were done. Torts was a coach of the year candidate for a long time but perhaps not anymore. 

Well, if you're going to insist on picking up harmful points, that's the way to do it.  The Flyers looked like a team trying to get their coach fired tonight...Torts is done.