Theodore Out 6 To 8 Weeks

kenadian

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching the olympic coverage, of the US vs. Slovakia game,

and the announcer said that he just got word that THEO fell down outside his house and broke his heal, and will be out 6 - 8 weeks. I believe the announcer was John Davidson (one of my favourites).

Couldn't find any links on the net yet.

That's big news, as that should save the BG some coin to operate with at the deadline. and we get more HUET

I was just watching the olympic coverage, of the US vs. Slovakia game,

and the announcer said that he just got word that THEO fell down outside his house and broke his heal, and will be out 6 - 8 weeks. I believe the announcer was John Davidson (one of my favourites).

Couldn't find any links on the net yet.

That's big news, as that should save the BG some coin to operate with at the deadline. and we get more HUET

LOL

We made our threads at the same time. I also heard it from the USA - SVK commentator (Bob Cole?).

TSN reports that Jose Theodore slipped outside of his house this morning and broke his foot. He will be out 6-8 weeks. I doubt this was staged so Theo can get the time off so all I have to say is this must be the stupidest injury I've ever heard of. Guys are staying home so they do't get injured in the Olympics but Theo does anyway. Looks like Gainey's goaltending dilemma just got that much easier...

Woops! Sorry. It seems 5 people posted this thread at the same second.

just merged like 5 theo injury threads.

There was no rhyme or reason as to which thread got to keep the title. Expedience was only motive.

Booooooooo!!! I liked mine best!

See you took off the other 2 related new topics including mine. Cool. Sorry 'bout that but I guess 3 users hit their keyborads all at the same time LOL :P

On to this situation...

IMO: Ah, whatever. This allows him to take more time off and go into hibernation. He needs a holiday anyway. What else will work? :blink:

This injury puts him on course for a playoff return. Maybe there is some magic to be had. Of course, we need to make the playoffs first. :hlogo:

Now we will have to rely on Danis as well. But this tandem can get us to the playoffs IMO. Maybe Danis will want to upshow Huet (fine with me) :D

This might be a blessing in disguise. Theodore might very well be more agreeable to GM's with a 2 year tag next summer. Too bad it's a rich UFA crop. But, with goalie pickin's slim in the NHL currently you can expect the remaining names like Cujo, Biron etc to be rented or even signed. So, maybe there will be a demand after all.

And, Gainey may choose to keep him and hope for a 2007 rebound.

Theodore's injury doesn't make all that much difference IMO.

geez I really feel sorry for the guy... when you think it couldn't get worse...

I also feel sorry for BG who vitualy lost his only decent trade bait.

I guess we'll soon find out what Huet's really made of.

It's a great news for danis...his team's not going anywhere (though they've been playing better as of late). He will get the chance to work with melancon on a daily basis

I smell a rat!!!!!!!!!

Suprised no-one has brought it up yet......

This is politics.....and pure bullshit. AlthoughI'm happy about it bcause the dilemma is dead. I'd like to hear what hospital he went to. and what doctor x-rayed him...........

This is strategic politics and the only reason Bob Gainey is doing this is because he can't get rid of Theo and get something good in return.

If you beleive for 1 second that Theo is really hurt that bad, then your a fool.

This is a good thing either way..............Huet is officially #1 for the next 2 months.............We may have even just made room for a big salary pick-up .........

We may not see Theo for the rest of the year if this injury is true..............

To Bob Gainey.........................................Nice move!!!!!!!