Game Thread | Toronto At Montreal | 03/25/06

GoHabs2002

Looked more like a forearm......in any event it got the job done.

Yeah they are all talking like it was an elbow. If i look it back on tsn.ca i'm more and more convinced it was his underarm. TSN media want Kovy to be suspended. Love the hit!!

Somebody got more ficght clips from yesterday, dont find it on hockeyfights.com yet

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsnet TSN etc... are saying the Habs- Laughs series ended up 4 - 4 when in fact summing the points we got one more point than the laughs 10 to 9

SO THEN WE WIN ! NANANNAA!! :D

And, who cares? It was Tucker who got elbowed ... :P;)

img9337910.jpg

^_^

Damn that pics good it reminds me of Obelix and asterix Comics when Obelix is smashing romans LOVING IT STILL at 3 am!

Did you guys notice CBC didnt put a repeat game? ( late night showing ) they could not bare to put it on again!! HAHAHHAA SORRY LOSERS

Although I stood up thinking I could watch the game ( snif ... cause I was working sniff snifff

OH WELL WE WON!!!!!!!

Sending emails to my Leaf friends around the world!

Well I wish Kovy had hit Tucker clean, I am proud of him. I hope he is not suspended but he defended himself and Rib's his line mate. That is a good sign when your most skilled player is willing to go to war you just know it's game time.

And, who cares? It was Tucker who got elbowed ... :P;)

img9337910.jpg

^_^

That pic shows it wasn't an elbow.

It doesn't matter, I'm proud of the whole team for the way they played. They stood up to the leafs and the Kovy hit made my day. Tucker is an ass and he got wiped. Did anyone see Souray punch Onderus (sp?) in the face right in front of the ref? No penalty and Onderus lay there like he was dead. Don't mess with Souray!

Rivet jumping on sundin after an exchange of sticks and face washes, I love it. Simpson and Downey definitely have added some grit to our team. Even though they didn't really fight, they gave confidence to the rest of the team. I'm glad they are here.

Atlanta finally looses! what is with Tampa? They are suddenly scoring and winning now. Even though they can't keep the puck out of their own net. Hopefully Jersey will stumble.

Some comments from the players that I really like:

"We're a solid team when we play together as a team," said Montreal defenceman Craig Rivet. "These were probably two of the best games we've played as a team this year.

"If we motivate ourselves the way we did in these two games, we'll be an unstoppable team for the rest of the season," said Montreal winger Alex Kovalev. "If they let go (Tucker's) shot, I thought I could do the same thing," said Kovalev. "I'm not going to let that go."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160103&hubname=nhl

That is one of the better offensive hits I've seen. Tucker is a sissy who can't take it.

Maybe Bonk WILL score those 20 goals after all...

Huet. What a guy. Im starting to wonder if we really have one of the better goaltenders in the leauge and not just a hot backup.

11 goals on the Leafs in two game and just 2 allowed. Keep it up and Canes shouldn't be so sure about advancing from the first round.

Great game from the boys last nite.....Im still on a high from that hit on tucker at the end of the game. Damm I hate that LITTLE f**ker, I only wish that he got hurt.....The boys have a big test today and its not going to be easy, for we have not yet to beat the pens this year. A win is a must... :hlogo:

So sweet to wake up to leaf nation this morning and knowing that these morons have nothing to live for from this day on!!!!Thank-you Habs... :hlogo:

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

What a game by the Habs, they played hard and got the win. What a great hit at the end of the game by Kovalev against that baby Tucker.

I sleeped so good last knowing that Montreal crushed the Maple Leafs chances of making the playoffs.

GO HABS GO

Thats a great pic of Tucker getting flattened out, and it wasnt an elbow, you cant hit someone with an elbow when your arms are at your sides. :hlogo: Clean hit, Tucker just had it coming.

:hlogo:

Hey kaos, you know as well as I that the CANADIENS generally come off the All Star break red hot. This year the break was the Olympic break. It's pretty well the same as any other year in that there's typically 25 games to go, or close to it.

Now, they tend to win 6 straight and then drop 2 or 3 and then go on another 4, 5 or 6 streak again. I hope this pattern continues. Based on these "patterns" they should be on another streak...Cross em fingers.

GO :hlogo: GO

PS. Hence why I was practically devastated they dropped that game to the Isles.

I know. I know. Why am I recycling last nights thread when there's a Pittsburgh one? Sorry but, I want to expand on what I said...

If the Habs beat the Pens and the Isles all they have to worry about in the 10 games remaining is holding .500 hockey :lol:

Based on prior history Montreal should win both games. We have to keep this streak alive. The magic number (based on 91 points in seasons past) right now is .584.

The numbers are probably pretty reliable. It's possible it could be 92 or 93 points. If that's the case, a 91 point measure is the best number possible to project the cut off.

Montreal cannot afford a loss yet. They've got to keep this going but their pattern indicates they should go on a 4 game winning streak with the T.O. games being the 1st 2 in that set. History says they should win! :hlogo:

well guys I wasn't here because I had a bit torrent download of the game happening today so I had to sequester myself from hockey news (which is not terribly difficult to do in Tokyo). The upside is that today I saw my first "live" (not knowing the result) Habs game and it was a dandy!

My observations:

Sometimes when a goalie gets an assist it is incidental -- he touched the puck behind the net, a defenceman picked it up and went up ice passed it to the scorer. But Huet is great playing the puck, very Euro futball style and on the fifth goal his pass to Higgins went from the face off circle to center ice (even though he lost the assist because the puck touched Ryder) -- brilliant!!! I hope the Habs incorporate this aspect of Huet's play into their game.

Sometimes when a player takes a high stick he freaks and immediately skates directly toward the offender to start a fight, but Kovalev actually kept the puck and stickhandled his way across the rink through the leaf team then pretended to lose the puck to set Tucker up then ran over him, what a fuggin brilliant player Kovalev is!!!

What a win, what a thrill it was watching the game! Go Habs Go!!!

I'm not as sold on Huet handling the puck as you may be. I remember a few games back him bumbling with the puck and costing a goal. Not saying he's a liability, but not sure you can call plays around his puck handling either. As long as he stops the puck caroming around the boards and leaves it for the defenseman, thats good enough for me.

I'm not as sold on Huet handling the puck as you may be. I remember a few games back him bumbling with the puck and costing a goal. Not saying he's a liability, but not sure you can call plays around his puck handling either. As long as he stops the puck caroming around the boards and leaves it for the defenseman, thats good enough for me.

But where's your sense of adventure?! ;)

I see what you mean but personally I'm looking forward to Huet, as his confidence builds, getting more creative with his puck playing. He's good at it so why not -- it could be our secret weapon for breaking out of the zone faster and getting odd-man rushes. Years of Théo lulled us into believing all a goalie can do (or can't do) is stop the puck behind the net. Why not let Huet make the first pass, especially on the PP? In the second leaf game I saw one player smackinghis stick on the ice calling for a pass -- as it happened that time Huet didn't make the pass because an opposing player was about to come out of the box, so he seems to have pretty good sense of what he should or shouldn't do.

Anyway now that I've seen him play a few times I really like Huet's overall game. Very cool and relaxed, good anticipation and solid positioning, fast with the glove and blocker, great rebound control and superior puck movement. Once Abby finds his form we could have some of the best goaltending in the east.

You are right, Huet can shoot the puck well but handle it? NO!

I remember that fumbly play that cost us a goal and he has had a few other close calls. Huet handling the puck behind the net with some pressure/traffic is not good. He turns into ed Belfore

You are right, Huet can shoot the puck well but handle it? NO!

I remember that fumbly play that cost us a goal and he has had a few other close calls. Huet handling the puck behind the net with some pressure/traffic is not good. He turns into ed Belfore

frankly, i think he has probably saved more plays with puck handling than he has hurt.

I also think he is getting better or more confident.

Well I would disagree with that. I can't think of a play he saved by handling the puck, except for that nice pass he made the other night. I'm not saying he's terrible. I just don't think he's Marty Brodeur, Rich Dipeitro or Marty Turco good! Those are guys who make differences in a game with the stick work

Edited by kaos

The Great thing for the leafs is with Allison out they will save about 1.44 million in bonouses on thier cap next season.

Has anyone seen the TSN article entitled, 'What went wrong with the Maple Leafs?'?

It says, 'The Leafs, not counting any of their AHL prospects, only have 10 players under contract for next season, which gives Ferguson some flexibility in rebuilding his club.'

TSN is obviously trying to calm T.O. fans with this drivel. They make it sound like Toronto has an excellent cap situation. They don't. Silly TSN. :wacko:

Anyone who doesn't believe me, I say this. Get their numbers and a calculator. It'll become clear very quickly. :lol: