Mike Komisarek

SaLaHmAnDeR

When are we going to call this kid up?? This guy is amazing. He hits everything in site. I believe if our habs want to make the playoffs there going to need him in our lineup.

Rivet got to go. he is so slow. I heard he was being shoped around. (I think it was on sportsnet news yesturday morning) I was wondering if anyone new more about this as to what teams are interested in his services and who is Gainey trying to aquire

Originally posted by montreal

Komo called up today, Hainsey sent down.:hlogo:

Yeah nice timing on the post SaLaHmAnDeR :D , got a quick answer to your question... Btw , welcome to the board...

So Komisarek up , Hainsey down (also Hossa down , Dagenais up) ... Wonder what this means for Komisarek? We wouldnt call him up just to be a healthy scratch would we? Are we going to play him? And if so , what side? His natural RD (And bench one of the top-3 RD's , or put Quintal on LD) , or on LD replacing Bouillon? ... I wonder...

I'd like to see Quintal moved to LD and Bouillon scratched to make room for Komisarek , but ideally I'd like to see Rivet dealt.... For some big skilled forward (Hey , Rivet for some reason has good value around the NHL , he could maybe acquire one of those for us...)

Curious moves today. I know Dags has been playing well in Hamilton, but I was nearly positive he was brought in as insurance for the Bulldogs. It'll be interesting to see what line he plays on tomorrow night. Hopefulyl he wasn't recalled to be scratched.

And I'm glad Komisarek was called up as well. Who knows, maybe Quintal is still suffering some physical problems. He may very well sit, if that's the case.

My take on both moves:

- Hainsey: He wasn't playing, so keeping him here only to sit in the press box made no sense whatsoever. Get him tons of ice-time in Hamilton so he can work on his game, and get his confidence back up.

- Komisarek: He wasn't playing that well in Hamilton, and I can't believe he'd be brought up just to sit in the press box... Hainsey was just sent down for that very reason.

So he's gonna play... but in who's place?

Gainey hinted he was looking to trade a D man for some help up front... maybe something is in the works, rumor was Rivet was the one likely to be moved.

Or, Rivet has been moved to forward on the PP... perhaps Julien is thinking of trying that move full-time, or with another D man. I don't see it happening, but I've heard someone mention that possibility.

Finally, Quintal has been awful since he has returned from his irregular heartbeat... maybe he needs more rest.

Or, Breezer injured himself at the end of the game when he went to hug Theo after the game and fell on his face... hehe

Did you guys see it?... it was hilarious.

- Hossa: Again, wasn't playing so might as well head down. He wasn't playing agressive, and wasn't scoring... he needs to wake up.

I still maintain this guy is not comfortable on the wing, and would perform better at center.

- Dagenais: I mentionned in one of my recaps last week that he was playing well and could be called up soon. Combined with Audette's injury, it was the perfect time to bring him up and give him a shot. I hope he takes it... because this might be his last chance at the bigs.

It's about time that Komi has been brought up. Hopefully this time he'll be the punisher we all thought he was gonna be when the team drafted him!.

I'm looking for big Komi hit Tuesday night on Cooke.

Also if those punks start crashing the net again Komi well pick up for Theo unlike the rest of the guys.

BUT maybe he was brought up to sit in the press box just to ruin his confidence a bit more, it wouldnt suprise me seeing it is Montreal!.

As for Dagenais, if he plays i hope he doesnt look like a complete fool as he did in the preseason.

Poor Hainsey sent down again, Both Hainsey and Komi should be playing full time. Get rid of Rivet or Q and keep Bouillon in the press box.

:ghg:

I'd like to take this move as a gesture of confidence, both for Komisarek and for us moving a player.

Perhaps with the recent Floridian defenseman's injury, their lack of veteran leadership, and their weak blueline could take Quintal off our hands.

I doubt that Rivet will be sat, seeing as he takes all the punishment in front of the net on the PP, and that Komisarek would not be brought up to be taunted by Gainey and sit in the press box.

My guess at the lines:

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik

Perreault-Ribeiro-Dagenais

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

Langdon-Kilger-Begin

1st line is set, 2nd line prays for chemistry, 3rd is set, and 4th line annihalates the Mattress line :clap:

Markov-Brisebois

Souray-Rivet

Bouillion-Komisarek

MK and Breezy are set. Rivet and Souray will hopefully just clear the crease together, holding hands if necessary for Bertuzzi. And the quicksilver Boo will take the corners and make hits like the one below, while Komisarek handles the crease

Sunny and Cher (er, Quintal) sit.

Maybe play Garon this time, I'm not fussed. Get him tuned for the double header this weekend.

Bouillion's hit on Bobby Holik circa 2 years ago:

Originally posted by Habs77

- Hossa: Again, wasn't playing so might as well head down. He wasn't playing agressive, and wasn't scoring... he needs to wake up.

I still maintain this guy is not comfortable on the wing, and would perform better at center.

I agree 100%. Hopefully Hossa will be allowed to play at centre in Hamilton and the Habs brain trust will see how effective he can be.:?-

[Edited on 2003/11/25 by habitual_hab]

Marcel Hossa, LW, Canadiens: The shoulder separation recently suffered by veteran winger Donald Audette should give Hossa the opportunity to return to good graces with the Canadiens coaching staff. The 22-year-old Slovak has been a healthy scratch for several games recently, despite the Habs' woeful power play and anemic offense. If Hossa doesn't get going soon, he could become trade bait.

Doesn't seem that Hossa will have the opportunity to return to good graces with the Canadiens coaching staff. Let's hope he can get his act together in Hamilton.

• 3 years later...

Well... I'm glad Komi has been called up... LOL

Nice old thread revival... what's next? A Gilmour was traded to the Leafs thread? :P

But seriously, I'm liking the direction Mike has taken this year. I had practically forgottent the personal tragedy he went through last year, and I'm so glad to hear that he and he family are doing well, and that they got to spend some time together after the NYI game.

• 2 months later...

114384-35103.jpg

It makes me very happy we have Mike Komisarek on our team. Such a great guy, great personality, great hockey player. Love him!

:hlogo: icon12.gif#8 :hlogo:

• 3 weeks later...

:)

wow when did Komi get the call? :)

now we are sure to make the playoffs! :)

On a more serious note he is one key in the future of this team. A fully developed O'bryne, Emelin, Valentenko would also be nice additions.