Domi?

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Well............ If this goes down I will officially Boycott being a habs fan untill it's over. I can't do it. Please do NOT bring that friggn loser to this team.

Guys just picture that dumb ass mug in a habs jersey. NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a petition someone and send it to Gainey fast.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Hickey also noted Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Tie Domi was recently seen dining with Habs blueliner Sheldon Souray. Domi is rumoured to be on the verge of having his contract bought out by the Leafs and Hickey claims Domi is a character player Gainey and Carbonneau covet.

CANADIAN PRESS: Robert Laflamme reports Edmonton Oilers tough guy forward Georges Laraque is no longer ruling out the possibility of playing for the Montreal Canadiens. Laraque made headlines a couple of years ago when he addressed trade rumours having him going to Montreal by claiming he'd retire first.

Spector's Note: Leafs managment declined to comment on rumours of Domi's contract being bought out, and as Toronto Sun columnist Steve Simmons recently observed, the savings by doing so would be minimal. Both Domi and Laraque are charismatic players, although Domi's getting long in the tooth now to provide the toughness the Habs seek. Laraque is younger, a Montreal native and one of the more feared scrappers in the game but saw limited icetime with the Oilers this season. It also depends on what he's seeking as a UFA, as he appears destined to hit the market this summer.

Wow, the media likes to jump on everything they see...

Domi dining with Sheldon Souray? He must be interested in coming to Montreal, and that must mean Gainey is interested in bringing him here.

Relax. They might be friends or whatever. From what I've seen, Domi is a decent person outside the rink. Can he not enjoy dining with a friend, who just happens to be Souray?

Edited by fromage

Wow, the media likes to jump on everything they see...

Domi dining with Sheldon Souray? He must be interested in coming to Montreal, and that must mean Gainey is interested in bringing him here.

Relax. They might be friends or whatever. From what I've seen, Domi is a decent person outside the rink. Can he not enjoy dining with a friend, who just happens to be Souray?

TRADE SOURAY!

:lol:

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Well............ If this goes down I will officially Boycott being a habs fan untill it's over. I can't do it. Please do NOT bring that friggn loser to this team.

Guys just picture that dumb ass mug in a habs jersey. NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a petition someone and send it to Gainey fast.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Hickey also noted Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Tie Domi was recently seen dining with Habs blueliner Sheldon Souray. Domi is rumoured to be on the verge of having his contract bought out by the Leafs and Hickey claims Domi is a character player Gainey and Carbonneau covet.

CANADIAN PRESS: Robert Laflamme reports Edmonton Oilers tough guy forward Georges Laraque is no longer ruling out the possibility of playing for the Montreal Canadiens. Laraque made headlines a couple of years ago when he addressed trade rumours having him going to Montreal by claiming he'd retire first.

Spector's Note: Leafs managment declined to comment on rumours of Domi's contract being bought out, and as Toronto Sun columnist Steve Simmons recently observed, the savings by doing so would be minimal. Both Domi and Laraque are charismatic players, although Domi's getting long in the tooth now to provide the toughness the Habs seek. Laraque is younger, a Montreal native and one of the more feared scrappers in the game but saw limited icetime with the Oilers this season. It also depends on what he's seeking as a UFA, as he appears destined to hit the market this summer.

Isn't panic fun?

On top of that, boycotting being a habs fan 'until it's over' (whatever that means...) is a bit much.

If, in his wisdom, Gainey decides he wants to give Domi a shot, he knows an awful lot more about the game and his team's needs than I do. I'll simply think and say 'whatever'... and watch the next game. It'll be pretty well a non-issue for me.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I think the reason everyone is hard on Tie is because of his contract....Sure he was a Leaf and they are our bitter rival, but Domi would bring grit and determination to the habs....

See passed the fact he has been a Leaf for so long and look where he may end up....He would be a solid addition to our lineup given the right contract....He can skate and check....Plays with a chip on his shoulder and I wouldn't mind him getting thrown out there every once in a while to add a spark....

How soon people forget. When Domi resigned with the leafs he said he had another offer(not just Pittsburg) and said it would not be right for him to be seen in anything but Toronto blue. Habs made a run at him and lost.

Domi will not be in Montreal; relax as his game has passed. I have noted that he did absolutely nothing of any significance to make Toronto better.

He'd not even a tough guy anymore. For most of the season he left the fighting duties to Wade Belak, and when he did drop the gloves, he kinda reminded me of Raitis Ivanans, getting thumped, although atleast Domi didn't get his face broken.

The thought of Domi on the Canadiens is ridiculous, and there doesn't seem to be any substance to this story in any case.

All he's ever been is an enforcer who can skate, and having watched too many Leafs games this season, I can say that both of those skills have declined precipitously. He can add nothing to our team.

I will kill myself if we get a 1.3 million dollar "tough guy" who isn't even tough anymore, he just runs his mouth and doesn't drop the gloves.

If I ever see Domi in a Habs jersey I don't know what I'll do.

It's not surprising how a boring off-season will create news that isn't worth mentioning. Things like this will appear and vanish quickly... in a few weeks time, the fun begins.

Haha, it's only been the offseason for 1 day! The real offseason doesn't begin till the UFA period, with the entry draft as a preseason game. :lol:

I will kill myself if we get a 1.3 million dollar "tough guy" who isn't even tough anymore, he just runs his mouth and doesn't drop the gloves.

If I ever see Domi in a Habs jersey I don't know what I'll do.

And another reasonable response to this bit of 'news'.

There is absolutely no reason for ANYONE to want Domi next year... He's low in the talent department, and the only thing he was good at... fighting... he rarely does anymore...

Bob Gainey is NOT an idiot

Domi will never be a habs

Case closed

Edited by lazy26

Don't worry...Gainey is smarter than most of us, and he seen Dummi play last year. 99% of spectors rumors are groundless.

Well, to be fair, Spector doesn't make them up, he just gets them from the local media newspapers.

Well, to be fair, Spector doesn't make them up, he just gets them from the local media newspapers.

Spector reminds me of Global News... lots of crises - makes for good eye and brain candy. Mmmm.... how sweet and empty. B)