Streit Out, Niinimaa In.

huzer

He will be wearing number 6 with the HABS.

I thought it was hilarious in his interview they said why number 6, and he responded with...every other number i wanted was retired. HAHA. He continued saying this is Montreal now where the history is great. And he is happy to wear number 6 because that was his number when he was coming up in Finland.

I think he'll do great with the Habs and I am much more comfortable with him as #6 than Streit.

GO HABS GO

I can't wait for Friday

:blink:

You guys don't play till Friday? I thought everyone had a game on Thursday, my team plays two games before Friday.

Yeah it sucks that we have to wait til Friday, but I guess the schedule makers decided to save the best for last. :P

Had Bob signed this other D guy a couple weeks ago and Streit would most likely have been the starter and

the 6 th man on the depth shart (as he deserved it with a good showing at camp).....but this is

Niinimaa.....wow...we get a solid D squad all season and depth insurance in a place we didnt have much before......injurys will not stop this team from keeping moving ahead this season.

From reading different journalistique outputs this guy seems to be a great one to have as a teamate.....with each day that passed the season ahead get to look better and better.

Streit was impressive in pre season. Excellent ability to seperate players from the puck along the boards. But Niinimaa does deserve a shot to be a key player for this team. I wonder if he will play the #1 pp unit with Markov.

Hopefully he can regain his form from a few seasons ago now that he's healthy :D ... I don't think he'll be on the 1st power play line but he could be the QB on the 2nd unit. :hlogo:

wich is more than fine for me.

Thank you BOb!

Let's all hope that Niinimaa really does find a home. We've seen what he has done. I remember in the Forum he took us out to the cleaners once. :puke: 1996 I think. End to end. He's older now. He has more experience. Plus, his ankle problem had a fair amount of influence to his latest falling from graces.

This just in: It's healed :D

I sure do hope it all comes together. But, even if it doesn't he must be on the #2 powerplay. I just hope he has that speed and maybe the team can help him to overcome some of his deficiencies.

Either way - He's awesome :hlogo:

SAKU KOIVU!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

well duh, we don't trade for the guy and do nothing with him.

I was saying that the pay off may be far better than what any person would typically give Niinimaa credit for.

I hope for that pay off :D

It's the difference between number 6 or number 4 in the D depth. If Niinimaa can move up, it's better :D

:hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Sucks for Streit, but Bob and Carbo gotta do what's the best for the team as a whole. I'm certain than if Ninimaa sucks tough they'll be quick to put Streit back on the ice.

Got to say I feel a little sorry for Streit. When Boullion comes back there may well be a trade.

That is a likely scenario, but Boullion might be the one on the outs.

Cost wise Streit is the one to keep as a 7th D-man. Plus he is UFA sooner then the cube and easier to get rid of when one of the kids are ready. (which will be quite a log jam by that time)

If there is a trade I hope that it happens in a lengthy gap between games that way we arent missing players for any amount of time... Points are going to matter this year.

:hlogo:

with the luck we have not having at least one D man on the touch is unlikely! I would be very surprised Bouillon is dealt ... I'm only concerned that it would undoubtedly mean we trade either Rivet or Souray ( by on the latter) for a prospect or draft pick.. which makes more sense... by the way how many picks do we have for next draft? I think were doubling a couple right ? we might have enough to trade for the top pick... ESPOSITO

I have a feeling the D core will be very diferent next year. No doubt they need to resign Markov. Rivet and Souray can go. The cube and Dandy i think will be the only ones under contract. Komisarek will be RFA intil he is 28, so he'll obviously be resigened. Plus he's good ands young. You can't teach his size either. . Who knows how Niinima (spelling) will pan out. With any prospects atleast a year or 2 away, i think Gainey will go after a top Dman through free agency or trade.