How Did You Find HabsWorld?

bebehabs

hey hey!

so i was wondering about how everyone found habsworld.net on the net... bcoz habsworld.net is very low-profile about spam-ing and recruiting on other board (which is totally perfect!!! :)) so how come u found habsworld??

as for me, i really dunt remember how i found it... but i guess that i was looking for some info about the habs and searched it on google and saw the link and came in here... and since... i'm just stuck here... :clap: coz i'm addicted to habsworld haha

edit : ummm... i just realize that maybe i'm not at the appropriate section... maybe the moderators or admin could move this topic to the other section (about HW - help sub forum) sorry :)

same story for me.

viva Google !!

I was on french habsfans site but it went down for a few weeks so I was looking for my habs fix and then I found Hw. I'm glad I did !!!

A friend of mine way back in grade 11 mentioned the site to me, said it was good. I don't even think he still reads on here actually... not sure, it was around 2.5 years ago. I've been around ever since.

I was searching for EHM/FHL fantasy leagues, found alexstream's post at hockeysfuture's boards, saw the Avs were available, been here ever since.

Kinda funny, I actually found the post at HF that brought me here a couple days ago.

Over eight years I would periodically search the ESPN message boards for the old skool posters I used to know. A couple are here while others have come and gone. But funnily enough, it was a post by Linden Fan (recurring theme PTG?) that directed me here. Habsworld was just a google search away... :D

I was searching for carey Price stats and then found an article on Carey on this site, so i went into the forum and that was it.......... :lol:

wow... ok... i think the answer = GOOGLE :D

so i think that's also why our first *ads* on habsworld are with google (clean and simple)

good choice :)

wow... ok... i think the answer = GOOGLE :D

Not so fast my friend, I am one more vote to LINDEN_FAN, bringing the tally a bit closer to google. Back towards the end of high school (2000-2002) I used to post on the ESPN boards a few times a week, and posted fairly frequently freshman year in college. However, during 2nd semester freshman year, I noticed the quality of posting dropped off dramatically, and realized that guys like puck7x, sakiqc, and KoZed were gone. I missed any posts they made about HW, so I was out in the cold, on a board with a bunch of losers.

I posted quite infrequently on ESPN for the next year, until around the playoffs of 2004. I tried posting a lot on the ESPN boards again, but only 2-3 decent posters were still there (WCHF, for one). After making a comment about how bad the boards were, LINDEN_FAN gave me shit for it and said something about crawling over to those idiots at HabsWorld. I've been here ever since, and have even had the opportunity to reject a personal email from LINDEN_FAN asking me to let him back on to HW. :lol:

My story is quite simular to Fanpuck and Kozed's one. I was a ESPNboard poster to those years, but how i got here im not sure anymore.

i was on gohabs.com when someone overthyere posted about here....since then i havent been back to gohabs.com...they take themselves way to seriously...altough some stats were good...but not as much as habsworld.net...in fact habsworld.net is my homepage :) long live habsworld.net :)

Full story, I used to post quite regularly on the ESPN board. (Haven't been back in years, especially since the format changed). Then we started with the Yahoo fantasy league, mostly guys from the ESPN board. One night, a few of us starting tossing around the idea of starting a website, and full props to others who took it beyond the idea phase and into reality. I remember discussing site names, and the excitement when this domain name was registered! It's remarkable how far the site has come from the initial days of when, to be quite honest, a bunch of random forum posters gathered together and decided to build a new site dedicated to the Habs. I'm proud I was in some way part of the original thought process and happy to be more involved once again.

Living in the heartland of LeafNation you get desperate for Habs's news & coverage - was fooling around in Google and stumbled on it and joined up soon after. I was here for a while on another name just as as a reader but forgot the password so had to rejoin - I actually never posted for the longest time, but then I decided one day that I finally had to add my 1.5 cents once in a while.

Now this is my sole Habs news and info site - and it is the best one on the web if you ask me!!!!!!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hockey::clap:

Edited by beliveau1

I don't even remember anymore. I was living in England and was starved for information on the Habs, and I ran into this site. Don't remember how or when.... I just did.

Glad I did though... these message boards are absolutely amazing. People are actually reasonable here, and use "evidence" when backing up their claims!

I don't even remember anymore. I was living in England and was starved for information on the Habs, and I ran into this site. Don't remember how or when.... I just did.

Glad I did though... these message boards are absolutely amazing. People are actually reasonable here, and use "evidence" when backing up their claims!

may I ask you how did you get from england to NWT ??

It's not even the best Habs site, it's the best hockey site.

I much prefer hanging out here then at the Avs board.

Yes best site on the web for me, not just the best habs's sight - that's what I meant in my post.....