Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Montreal | 12/16/06

Spider-Man NL

img15.gif
img12.gif

pittsburgh389.gifvrssign.gifmontreal200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

pittsburgh312.gif15-11-5 : 35 Points (6th in the Eastern Conference)
montreal50.gif18-8-5 : 41 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Pittsburgh

3395.gif# 29 Marc-Andre Fleury (14-7-4), 3.00 GAA, .902 Save%
Montreal

2311.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (12-3-3), 2.26 GAA, .933 Save%

Penguins Roster
Link
Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Latendresse - Koivu - Ryder
Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Higgins - Lapierre

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg
Cristobal Huet

StreitPitts.jpg

PlexPitts.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif,CBC.jpg& FSNP.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

img46.gifimg14.gifimg10.gif
Edited by KoZed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever is goaling will have to bring his top game to stop Crosby and his gang.. thankfully tough Pitt's defense still sucks

And not to nitpick, but this hd1-pittsburghpenguins.jpg is the Penguin logo :)

I have a bad feeling about this game, but I hope I'm proven to be an idiot.

Sid and Co. are on a roll. We're gonna have to play the full game if we're gonna take this one.

Score early, score often, and play smart. If we let Sid take the number of shots he's been taking lately, we're gonna have difficulties winning.

I think of this game as the beginning of a huge rivlary for years to come, with both teams having their best years ahead of them.

GO HABS GO!!!

I have a bad feeling about this game, but I hope I'm proven to be an idiot.

Sid and Co. are on a roll. We're gonna have to play the full game if we're gonna take this one.

Score early, score often, and play smart. If we let Sid take the number of shots he's been taking lately, we're gonna have difficulties winning.

I think of this game as the beginning of a huge rivlary for years to come, with both teams having their best years ahead of them.

GO HABS GO!!!

Yeah, I'm a bit worried too. This game is going to be quite the challenge. The Penguins seem to be coming in to their own recently. They beat NYI handily, a team we had some troubles putting away. Also, they are a lower than the Habs in the standings, with little in the way of a rivalry going on, so the danger is to take them lightly.

However, Carbo is probably going to be giving them quite a break down of their last two games.

Eitherway, GO :hlogo: GO!

Well tonight I am sure it will be PBJ vs Crosby and to contain him they will need to play a large protion of the game in the Penguins zone, Crosby is so dominate down low he will destroy Bonk's line in the defensive zone. Markov and Komisarek also need to match up against Crosby.

Ugh, what's with all the pessimism? What, because of Crosby? Have you seen the Philly game? Crosby just passes the puck around and the Philly defense was so bad there were Pens opened all over the place to take shots. The actual game highlight was Jordan Staal's great SH goal, not Crosby.

Besides, if we can hold down Buffalo's offense, we can certainly do it with Pittsburgh. If anyone worries me on the Pens, its Fleury. Quebec goalies always manage to pull big games against us (except Theo, hehe).

I'm not sweating this. Higgins is coming back tonight and will probably start the night on the 4th with The Rock and Streit the Swiss Army Knife (because he can do so many things) then work his way up.

I think that the pens will be kinda tired and that will show tonight when they are facing one of the top5 teams in the NHL the one and only MONTREAL CANADIÉNS.

They will go spinning when Stickdeath Kovalev dekes them out of their pants.

They will be thin as paper when Komisaurus Rex crushes them to the boards.

They will think their blades arent sharpened when Samsonov skates eights around their D.

And finally they will have to bow down before Cpt Koivu when he scores at least another 2 goals.

Prediction:

Pens : 2 (Staal, Gonchar)

Habs : 5+ (Koivu 2+, Kovalev, Latendresse, Lapierre)

GO HABS GO

(there... Ive use up optimism for 3 months in just one post. Great isnt it?)

I think that the pens will be kinda tired and that will show tonight when they are facing one of the top5 teams in the NHL the one and only MONTREAL CANADIÉNS.

They will think their blades arent sharpened when Samsonov skates eights around their D.

And finally they will have to bow down before Cpt Koivu when he scores at least another 2 goals.

Prediction:

GO HABS GO

:clap:

:ghg:

Prediction:

GO HABS GO

Now thats more like it :D

Prediction:

GO HABS GO

Why do people insist on predicting scores of a games? It is like watching paint dry, serves no useful purpose and adds nothing to the final product. As an old friend once told me "even a blind pig can find an accorn once in a while", meaning once in a while one's predicitions comes true.

Why do people insist on predicting scores of a games? It is like watching paint dry, serves no useful purpose and adds nothing to the final product. As an old friend once told me "even a blind pig can find an accorn once in a while", meaning once in a while one's predicitions comes true.

Why do you feel the need to bash people for posting their prediction's. If it is what they like to post in the GDT then let them be you can also use a feature to ignore users in your controls.

Because its fun, easy and another way to enjoy the game.