Confirmed: Halak starts

carey31price

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PER RDS AND TSN

PRICE PLAYS THE YOTES

This was a no brainer. Give teh Kid a chance to redeem himself! Halak will start in L.A. Saturday afternoon(another fv.cking afternoon game, i hate those!) and Price will be back in nets against the Ducks!

I just picked up the latest Goalie World and they are all over Price's jock.

http://www.goaliesworld.com/maingw.html

They break down his style and show examples of his almost flawless technique, his powerful lower body

that allows him to explode from side to side and his puck handling ability.

They pointed out that his puck tracking needs improvement and that with time his decision making with his

puck moving will improve. He also needs to make some small adjustments but they were in awe with the

poise and technique he possesses at 20.

They had no doubt this kid will be a star.

You should pick it up, great informative read.

My friend Gilles Moffet (Goalie's World Editor) is in awe of Carey Price. He also liked very much Huet. Would have prefered he stayed in Mtl to ease Price graduation in the big league. He may have a point, but I also believe that Carbo and Gainey know what they're doing.

My friend Gilles Moffet (Goalie's World Editor) is in awe of Carey Price. He also liked very much Huet. Would have prefered he stayed in Mtl to ease Price graduation in the big league. He may have a point, but I also believe that Carbo and Gainey know what they're doing.

We all have to understand that the Habs have not only surprised the media and fans....Gainey and Carbo too. If we had a so-so year and were battling Washington and NYI right now Huet would still be around. Since the explosive season....Gainey's thinking let's get this kid ready now....do or die we are going to need him next year to improve what we have now. How do you do that? play games ............and more games......and then even more games.

The kid has the tools, so even if he stinks it up again we have to keep riding his wave.......He'll come through eventually. I think that is the plan.... Carey is so good he eventually will be 'SCARY' he just needs to get his game on which might take a little more time. I'm glad he's getting it now instead of taking another three seasons to do it.

It is hard to say that we will have a better chance to win with Price in the net compare to Halak.

By having watch many games of the Yotes i would see a goalie able to control rebounds has a better

suited against a team defense that support offense and forwards going for rebounds.

If it's a night that Price controls the rebounds it's ok, wich happens 1/2 the time.

It's not a blame, the kid is not perfect. Just that Halak has the edge inthat part of the game.

Yotes tonight Price

Kings staurday 4 pm = 1:00pm Halak

Anaheim 8pm =5:00 pm Price to see where is at against one of the best team in the NHL.

And then what ??go back with Price against New-Jersey because he did well against them ??

After that Ottawa, Halak would have a hard time going against them with one game under the belt this year.

I would have liked to see Halak tonight. If he does very good, Keep him in LA and finish the ride with Price.

I hope Price has a great game tonight...BUT...if he shows signs that he's off his game again, I think Guy shouldn't be shy about giving him the hook and putting Halak in there.

frig HALAK, I want to see Price on Saturday AND Sunday!

solid solid solid tonite by the young net minder....when Price is Halaks age he may have a cup to his name! I really dont think we are that far off...maybe a couple more peices...we need to do it before Kovalev retires.

What kind of scares me about this team (in a good way) is that our whole team seems to pride themselves on playing better in the playoffs:

Higgins

Koivu

Kovalev

Plekanec

Komisarek

Markov(I remember him being good in the playoffs)

Price (In the AHL...will it convert to NHL?)

S. Kost (In Junior...will it convert to NHL?)

Lapierre(he was dynamite in Hamilton last yearIn the AHL...will it convert to NHL?)

O'Byrne(If he scored at the clip he did in the playoffs in the reg. season last year he would have had many points, there were also many HUGE hits out of this guy in the CCPO last season....HUGE!...will it convert to NHL?)

Gorges(was great when Kelowna won the memorial cup In the AHL...will it convert to NHL?)

I think all the guys in questions are strong enuf mentally to make it work...we will see!

Guys I am concerned about are:

Andrei Kostitsyn: He has only played in one playoff in the AHL in his rookie season there...didnt do so well...but he was good in WJC and such

Francis Boillon: He was decent last time we were in

Tom Kostopolous: Never had a chance to see him play

Breezeby: He has a cup tho...much of his youth is gone however

Guillame: has he been known to play well in the PO?

anyone know about Hammer, Smolinski and other guys that pull their game up in the playoffs...or guys they expect to not play well?

all these guys seem to raise their games to a whole extra level during the playoffs....where will that put us? Will it give us the boost we need to finally win #25?

I think the last thing Gainey needs to stop messing around and call up Kyle Chipchura (I dont think Hamilton will make it to the playoffs so he should be around the team)...even if he doesnt play that much he would benefit from being in that atmosphere...much like guys like A. Kost and other prospects did when MTL was in it against Carolina last time MTL was in.

Markov(I remember him being good in the playoffs)

Hmm a good game or two against the Bruins a few years back but his playoff hockey has not been up to par, hopefully that will change this year.

Edited by JMMR

Better in the playoffs? Thye like 10 playoff wins in 10 years or something like that. The only series they won was because of one player Theodore. Kovalev and Hamrlik are the only 2 players with significant playoff experience and production.

Better in the playoffs? Thye like 10 playoff wins in 10 years or something like that. The only series they won was because of one player Theodore. Kovalev and Hamrlik are the only 2 players with significant playoff experience and production.

Yeah Koivu at almost a point per game clip is brutal.

I cant even move when I am sunburnt

.....and Koivu is a proven playoff performer (to the guy that said Hamrlik and Kovalev are the only proven guys) Koivu always shows up in the post season and I know Higgins wasnt to shabby against Carolina!

We definitely have a team that could turn it up in the playoffs; Kovalev, Koivu, and Hammer have been known to be clutch, and most importantly, Price. I expect good things from Komi, Higgins, Plex, at least one of the Kosty's (I have this feeling that Sergei's the one who might be able to come through, he's got that fire in his belly). But most of our team is young, and haven't gotten past the second round at the latest. So I have hopes for the postseason, but not high expectations.

We definitely have a team that could turn it up in the playoffs; Kovalev, Koivu, and Hammer have been known to be clutch, and most importantly, Price. I expect good things from Komi, Higgins, Plex, at least one of the Kosty's (I have this feeling that Sergei's the one who might be able to come through, he's got that fire in his belly). But most of our team is young, and haven't gotten past the second round at the latest. So I have hopes for the postseason, but not high expectations.

I completely agree. If the Habs can make it to the second round, I'll be happy! I don't really think they can make it to the 3rd round.

I completely agree. If the Habs can make it to the second round, I'll be happy! I don't really think they can make it to the 3rd round.

Yeah, the goal this year was to make the playoffs. Even if we bow out in the first round, I'll be a bit disappointed, but not too much (unless it happens in a really crappy way, or against Boston).

The Habs could go either way in the playoffs. Proven vets with a track record of stepping up at playoff time (Koivu, Kovalev, maybe Hamrlik) plus piles and piles of young players is an interesting combination. Sometimes this combination catches fire, with the young playing way over their heads and the vets exerting masterful leadership: c.f. 1986 and 1993. But often successful young players need two or three cracks to really figure out how to succeed in the playoffs. Look at Datsyuk or even Turco.

For me, this season's playoffs are better conceived as invaluable learning experience for a growing team. Even if we lose, we don't lose - if you get my drift - unless our young guns totally tank en masse.