Confirmed: Halak starts

carey31price

A couple rounds would help the experience level of the youth

it is worth way more than a mid level pick.

That,s a very good point. Most of the youngsters on this team have very little or NO playoff experience. 2 or maybe even 3 rounds in the playoffs this year could go a very long way in developping the young players.

I'd rather keep huet this year, and risk losing him for nothing come July than trading him right now for a draft pick!

Edited by Habsfan

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That,s a very good point. Most of the youngstrs onthis team have very little or NO playoff experience. 2 or maybe even 3 rounds in the playoffs this year could go a very long way in developping the young players.

I'd rather keep huet this year, and risk losing him for nothing come July than trading him right now for a draft pick!

If all they would get is a pick then NO, for sure keep him.

UNless that pick is a 1st or 2nd rounder this draft will be deep.

Also you could use that pick in a trade for Hossa or something like that.

I would rather have Hossa or Jokinen or Richards over Huet.

Edited by JMMR

Trading Huet right now makes no sense. If he walks you get his cap space which is valuable in itself.

He offers more to this team than any return for him this year. A couple rounds would help the experience level of the youth

it is worth way more than a mid level pick.

I am still stunned that we agree on something. :lol:

We must still be in the loving glow of the recent miracle on ice.

Have no fear, I am sure I can argue with you about something in the game thread, it would just be more fun at a bar. ;)

I am still stunned that we agree on something. :lol:

We must still be in the loving glow of the recent miracle on ice.

Have no fear, I am sure I can argue with you about something in the game thread, it would just be more fun at a bar. ;)

I don't hate Huet. I want to keep him, but the economics suggest otherwise.

Ideally we could give Price a couple years to take away the job, but in a salary cap world that is not a luxury unfortunately.

I think both give up bad goals, I think both make spectacular stops. But I know one is going to be here in 2 years and one

will not. I was critical of Roy, so how could I not be critical of these 2?

BTW, that miracle did take the fun out of our argument :)

I don't hate Huet. I want to keep him, but the economics suggest otherwise.

Ideally we could give Price a couple years to take away the job, but in a salary cap world that is not a luxury unfortunately.

I think both give up bad goals, I think both make spectacular stops. But I know one is going to be here in 2 years and one

will not. I was critical of Roy, so how could I not be critical of these 2?

BTW, that miracle did take the fun out of our argument :)

Well I agree again with you. You don't like any goalie as they all give up soft goals. Most of our debates over goals are simply because we define bad goal differently. I agree you are usually consistent, you are just a real ba**stard on the poor goalies. :) You would bitch about a 4 by 6 sheet of plywood for giving out bad rebounds.... :clap:

I do agree on Roy, he was no where near steady, but he sure could be brilliant, and usually at the right time.

I could see either goalie start in our next game but if we're following the "win and you're in" system than Price should get the next start.

I could see either goalie start in our next game but if we're following the "win and you're in" system than Price should get the next start.

Yup, neither's playing well enough to deserve the job. It's a time like this where I'd like to see Halak, but I don't want Price sent down, so the only way of seeing him would be Huet getting traded. I'm not saying that I want to see him go, but it's looking like he's not really seizing the number one job, in which case he is expendable.

Huet normally comes back strong after a bad game. I expect Huet to start the next game.

Huet normally comes back strong after a bad game. I expect Huet to start the next game.

Thats not fair to the system or Price.

Huet should have been yanked after the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th goal tonight.

Man, for the first time since I was a dumb little kid, I am torn between rooting for the Habs and their opponent. On the one hand, the Habs are my favorite team, so my initial feeling is to root for the Habs. On the other hand, the Jackets have firmly cemented themselves as a close #2 for me, since I get to follow them so closely. They're fighting for a playoff spot, so the points are absolutely huge to them. I think I'm going to have to hope for an overtime/shootout win for my Jackets, simply because they need the win a lot more than my Habs do.

Man, for the first time since I was a dumb little kid, I am torn between rooting for the Habs and their opponent. On the one hand, the Habs are my favourite team, so my initial feeling is to root for the Habs. On the other hand, the Jackets have firmly cemented themselves as a close #2 for me, since I get to follow them so closely. They're fighting for a playoff spot, so the points are absolutely huge to them. I think I'm going to have to hope for an overtime/shootout win for my Jackets, simply because they need the win a lot more than my Habs do.

I would say that the Habs need the points even more because we are in a realy tight battle for first in the Conference.

Lets hope for a Habs OT victory so we can give a point to the Jackets.

I would say that the Habs need the points even more because we are in a realy tight battle for first in the Conference.

Lets hope for a Habs OT victory so we can give a point to the Jackets.

Come on, which is more important: Winning the conference or making the playoffs? Getting into the playoffs is by far the most important thing, as once you're in, anything can happen.

Man, for the first time since I was a dumb little kid, I am torn between rooting for the Habs and their opponent. On the one hand, the Habs are my favourite team, so my initial feeling is to root for the Habs. On the other hand, the Jackets have firmly cemented themselves as a close #2 for me, since I get to follow them so closely. They're fighting for a playoff spot, so the points are absolutely huge to them. I think I'm going to have to hope for an overtime/shootout win for my Jackets, simply because they need the win a lot more than my Habs do.

I'm sorry, the correct answer was to root for an overtime win for the Habs.

Thats a slippery slope. It starts with innocently cheering on a team that needs the points more, but then what? Gotta remain loyal man...

Thats a slippery slope. It starts with innocently cheering on a team that needs the points more, but then what? Gotta remain loyal man...

I have solid traction, there is no chance that I would cheer for the Jackets against the Canadiens if it was the Habs who needed the points more, or even better, if the two teams were to meet in the finals.

Let's hope Price has a strong start. Won't be good for the kids confidence should Nash undress him on the first shot.

Cmon Brandon Dubinski did last time he started...Rick Nash makes Brandon Dubinski look like men compared to boys...with dubinski being the boy, of course.

Also...Fedorov is back...Zherdev is a threat..same with Vyborny...Colombus has some weapons...they shouldn't be taken for granted.

We will win this game IF we decide to get our heads out of our @sses and play a full 60 minutes of hockey...no more of this 20/40 crap!!!

Edited by l<OV4L3V

I'm sorry, the correct answer was to root for an overtime win for the Habs.

There is only two circumstances in my life in which I would ever vote against the Canadiens.

1. Game 82, Clinched a spot with no chance to move up or down and they are playing a team that if

they win the Leafs are eliminated.

2. Game 82, Clinched a spot with no chance to move up or down and they are playing the Leafs and a loss

to the Leafs would cost the Leafs a shot at the no.1 pick.

Thassit. No other scenarios

There is only two circumstances in my life in which I would ever vote against the Canadiens.

1. Game 82, Clinched a spot with no chance to move up or down and they are playing a team that if

they win the Leafs are eliminated.

2. Game 82, Clinched a spot with no chance to move up or down and they are playing the Leafs and a loss

to the Leafs would cost the Leafs a shot at the no.1 pick.

Thassit. No other scenarios

:clap::clap::clap: Can't disagree. Habs by a blow out would be sweet to me.