Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/15/08

KoZed

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure hope you're right.

I wish that Latendresse sees more PP tonigh. He could plant his big ass and block Thomas' view a little.

I expect a great game tonight. montreal will crush Boston's spirit and will finish them thursday !!

Internet's back! Maybe I'll get some lucky photoshop'd picked up tonight. :)

Yes please do so because Ko Zed screwing everything with his so call threads.

One thing, The poh poh bears are an AHL team with no strenght other than what the opponent give them.

Give them respect by working hard and tough and dominate them.

Pittsburg gave a good exemple of that. The best team with hard work and the best goalie cannot loose.

Go habs Go, give the Bruins a punishment on the scoreboard.

I hope Latendresse gets some more Ice time. We need him to park his big ass in ffront of Thomas! get some garbage goals!

I hope Latendresse gets some more Ice time. We need him to park his big ass in ffront of Thomas! get some garbage goals!

Well if he gets more ice means Ryder gets less and that would not bother me.

Ryder needs to hit the net or take a seat.

Well if he gets more ice means Ryder gets less and that would not bother me.

Ryder needs to hit the net or take a seat.

What really frustrates me about Ryder is that he insists on carrying the puck with him. He has no stick handling ability, yet he thinks he can hold on to the damn puck into the offensive zone. Ryder is a shooter, not a puck carrier or a passer.

What really frustrates me about Ryder is that he insists on carrying the puck with him. He has no stick handling ability, yet he thinks he can hold on to the damn puck into the offensive zone. Ryder is a shooter, not a puck carrier or a passer.

The good is that Ryder won't be around next year if he does not score, so no long term financial obligations. The other parts of Ryders game have improved in hitting and picking up his player. Now if he could just get a goal much pressure can be taken off the Kovalev line.

You are correct that him carrying a puck is not one of the prettiest thing I have ever seen.

On that note:

GO HABS GO!

This is awesome. Just throwing out this little tidbit to see if anyone has noticed this. We still have a long way to go but Anaheim and San Jose might be dying. There has been much talk that who ever comes out of the east would have to face a juggernaut like Detroit, Anaheim or San Jose. I'm not saying that the Flames,Wild, Avalanche or the Stars are pushovers but one must admit - these 2 teams suffering are promising developments.

Now we have to win the East first - GO :hlogo: GO

Maybe Carbonneau should:

1. Change the top line - move Andre to the 2nd line and put Ryder on the top line. Yes, I know Ryder plays RW, but Kovalev is versatile enough to play LW + that keeps him away from Chara or forces Chara to play RD which would expose him maybe. Also, Ryder plays sniper because both Plekanec and Kovalev are set-up guys and we don't have to see Ryder fruitlessly trying to carry the puck in only to lose it.

2. Move Andre to the 2nd line with Higgins and Sergei. The 2 brothers may click and get creative.

Boston would then be forced to change their game plan, because 2 lines are a threat. Anyway, just a thought.

Now we have to win the East first - GO :hlogo: GO

And first things first: Let's beat the Bruins TONIGHT! That means winning the races to the puck, the one-on-one battles, and getting pucks and players to the net. You know... what we did all season long.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Maybe Carbonneau should:

1. Change the top line - move Andre to the 2nd line and put Ryder on the top line. Yes, I know Ryder plays RW, but Kovalev is versatile enough to play LW + that keeps him away from Chara or forces Chara to play RD which would expose him maybe. Also, Ryder plays sniper because both Plekanec and Kovalev are set-up guys and we don't have to see Ryder fruitlessly trying to carry the puck in only to lose it.

2. Move Andre to the 2nd line with Higgins and Sergei. The 2 brothers may click and get creative.

Boston would then be forced to change their game plan, because 2 lines are a threat. Anyway, just a thought.

I think that would look more like a panic move. I don't think we need to tear apart what's been working all year, extremely well I should add. Carbo needs to get back to what was working. Sit Dandy and Brisebois, bring Streit back up to forward, get Boullion and Obyrne back in because we need their big hits and pray to god Koivu is ready soon. Koivu is our only hope to get the powerplay rolling again and get some attention off of Kovalev line. We are a better team, but only by a little in the skill and speed department so in general the boys need to take it to the next level right NOW. Price has been great, our defensive game has been great. WE NEED GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT"S IT, THAT"S ALL. SCORE MORE!!!!!!!

Carbo is keeping is secret but some comments he made talked for themselves.

Source RDS

About Streit

He has less space, the physical aspect seem to bother him.

My guess :

Streit cannot be thrown out of the line up for PP reasons. He will go in front replacing Ryder or Dandenault

The Bruins have made adjustments, it's now up to us to correct. Jarvis is analysing the three first game.

My guess : O'byrne will be matched with Hammer they had success and we need someone who is not afraid and creates space.

Problem is that we still need Brisebois.

And for some reason I believe you are wrong.

Markov on the other hand.

I think history is on your side, JMMR!

I'm looking for a much better game from Plekanec after his famous 'little girl' remark. If he can step it up, that'll make Kovy that much more effective.

This is the Biggest Game of the Year and will go a long way to establishing whether we are bona fide contenders - truly able to raise our game a notch when required, in order to dispatch a very well-coached and determined Bruins squad - or whether we are one of those teams that still has to figure out how to translate its talent into winning.

That said, I'm betting on our boys :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I have to say I enjoy threads and posts based on how amazing we are and how we are going to win the cup more so than adjustments we need to make and stepping because the other team has.

I'm going to jump ahead now to Game 5.

" Wow!!!!!! the boys sure played great last night. PP finally rocking again. Nice 4 point performance by the little girl. Let's rap this thing up on Thursday!!!!!!"

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for a much better game from Plekanec after his famous 'little girl' remark. If he can step it up, that'll make Kovy that much more effective.

This is the Biggest Game of the Year and will go a long way to establishing whether we are bona fide contenders - truly able to raise our game a notch when required, in order to dispatch a very well-coached and determined Bruins squad - or whether we are one of those teams that still has to figure out how to translate its talent into winning.

This series is much more important in showing the mettle of this team than what the Sens have offered up to Pittsburgh. Can you say roll over :puke:

Young teams need to learn from adversity. They need to be challenged, they need to witness what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I think the Bruins are the perfect opponent from a learning perspective. If this was the Canes or Devils or Rangers they probably

would have buried the Habs by the time they got the message. But as it sit, they have received the message yet are still in control of

the series, leading 2-1.

Boston is going to make them earn it. That is the way it should be. And for a young team, once they come out of this series lessons will have been

learned regardless of the result.

I have a feeling that if they had been handed a sweep on a platter like the Pens have that they may have come out flat in the second round.

And struggled to catch up to a team that is already in strong playoff form. Seeing as this team is a work in progress, any extra lesson they can

squeeze out of this season goes a long way to speeding up the ascension to Stanley Cup contender.

We will see tonight if they are ready to go and if they have learned anything.

Edited by Wamsley01

Yep this is a high-stakes game for the boys.

I'm expecting Plekanec to be a demon out there and be really agressive. I just hope A-Kost follows and raises his intensity.

The 2nd line also has something to prove. If Streit is in to replace Ryder on that line, I'll expect them to be more dangerous. For some reasons Streit is better being the forechecker than having to deal with forecheck as a d-man.

We also need the 3rd line to get some scoring chances, especially for Lats to use his shots and/or to get in Thomas' face every chance he gets. If Streit is up on the 2nd line, I'm guessing Ryder gets demoted to Laps' line to spread the offense.

This series is much more important in showing the mettle of this team than what the Sens have offered up to Pittsburgh. Can you say roll over :puke:

Young teams need to learn from adversity. They need to be challenged, they need to witness what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I think the Bruins are the perfect opponent from a learning perspective. If this was the Canes or Devils or Rangers they probably

would have buried the Habs by the time they got the message. But as it sit, they have received the message yet are still in control of

the series, leading 2-1.

Boston is going to make them earn it. That is the way it should be. And for a young team, once they come out of this series lessons will have been

learned regardless of the result.

I have a feeling that if they had been handed a sweep on a platter like the Pens have that they may have come out flat in the second round.

And struggled to catch up to a team that is already in strong playoff form. Seeing as this team is a work in progress, any extra lesson they can

squeeze out of this season goes a long way to speeding up the ascension to Stanley Cup contender.

We will see tonight if they are ready to go and if they have learned anything.

Agreed 100%.

Habs needs this type of challenge and to be in these pressure situations. You can't get that in the regular season unless you're fighting for a playoffs spot until the last game.

I think that would look more like a panic move. I don't think we need to tear apart what's been working all year, extremely well I should add. Carbo needs to get back to what was working. Sit Dandy and Brisebois, bring Streit back up to forward, get Boullion and Obyrne back in because we need their big hits and pray to god Koivu is ready soon. Koivu is our only hope to get the powerplay rolling again and get some attention off of Kovalev line. We are a better team, but only by a little in the skill and speed department so in general the boys need to take it to the next level right NOW. Price has been great, our defensive game has been great. WE NEED GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT"S IT, THAT"S ALL. SCORE MORE!!!!!!!

Agreed. Carbo can't make too many changes to the team. Move Streit to a forward position, Bring In O'byrne (we desperately need his size, cause Komi is gettin hit on every side) and sit out Dandy or Ryder.

That should be enough.

if you start fooling around with our best line at this point in the season, you would be telling the Bruins that whatever it is that they are doing is working.

Work hard, keep the passes short and crisp and go to the net. That should be enough to beat the pooh-Bears!

Agreed. Carbo can't make too many changes to the team. Move Streit to a forward position, Bring In O'byrne (we desperately need his size, cause Komi is gettin hit on every side) and sit out Dandy or Ryder.

That should be enough.

if you start fooling around with our best line at this point in the season, you would be telling the Bruins that whatever it is that they are doing is working.

Work hard, keep the passes short and crisp and go to the net. That should be enough to beat the pooh-Bears!

Exactly. The top line has been challenged and now it's up to those guys to respond. You don't blow up your must successful element when you're up 2-1 in a series just because you lost one game in OT. Minor tinkering, such as moving Streit around, bringing in O'Bryne, tweaking the Higgins line - all reasonable ideas, however.

I also have a feeling about Higgins tonight. He's the type of guy to answer the call for a big game. Watch him.