Bye Bye Ryder

simonus

You came up from the end of the draft, from the ECHL, to become a 30 goal scorer for us.

You stunk up the joint last year and it was probably time to go.

I'll never forget your hat trick to keep Montreal in the game and the playoffs against TO at the end of the 2006-07 season. Too bad the rest of the team didn't come through.

One standing O and then I will boo the hell out of you when Boston comes to town, but I'll boo less than against any other Bruin.

Thanks for the service, Mike.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, thanks Michael. You showed great determination and made your way to become a "30 goals scorer". You are a great example of motivation and ambition. But you're also a great reminder that we can never take things for granted and we have to continue to work our but off every day.

He's a nice kid, and I wish him the best of luck when he's not playing MTL. His numbers should go back up if he gets PP time in BOS.

My fondest memory of Ryder was when he scored the GWG in double-OT against Carolina.

Let's just hope he doesn'T turn out to become the next Habs killer! (now that Eric Cole and R.J. Umberger are in the western conference)!

Good for Ryder, but it was time he moved on from Montreal. 4 million per year for 3 years...i get the feeling Boston will regret this deal.

Not overly surprised to see him go to the B's but at 4 million over 3 years is way too much. May see some good PP time in Boston though. Had some good times in Montreal, but his play and the young forwards made him expendable.

He's a nice kid, and I wish him the best of luck when he's not playing MTL. His numbers should go back up if he gets PP time in BOS.

My fondest memory of Ryder was when he scored the GWG in double-OT against Carolina.

shaking head at the $$

That was a huge goal, so were the goals he scored in the 6-5 Rangers comeback.

I will remember him for his first 2 years when he used to get 2-3 scoring chances a game and thinking

he would pot 50, then realizing he needs 150 chances to get 30 :)

Edited by Wamsley01

I really like mike ryder and i truly hoped that he could turn it around this past season but twas not to be. Congrats on getting 4 million per after last year you best buy your agent 1 mega steak dinner. We will see but I think Boston just paid 12 mill for a guy who will score 15-20 goals per year. It is also stooopid money

Was about time.

I won't miss his hard partying

I live downtown Montreal, and when Habs weren't on the road, I would see him at some place 2/3 tiimes a week

Edited by rafikz

Richard Zednik #2: one-trick pony whose trick stopped working.

Not going to miss him one bit.

But you have to at least be thankful for his good years. He was willing to take shots back when the whole team was afraid to shoot. He was very helpful to the team, especially during his rookie season.

[*&%$@! Ryder lol

No but honestly I would preffer writing about bye bye Streit and thanking him for his three years of coping with the changes and delivering!

HERE'S TO MARK STREIT! :clap: :hlogo:

But you have to at least be thankful for his good years. He was willing to take shots back when the whole team was afraid to shoot. He was very helpful to the team, especially during his rookie season.

Thankful for his good years? Thankful for what? 30 regular season goals? Whoopdeedoo... Do I have to send him a fruit basket for that? He was invisible in the 3 playoffs years he had here.

Maybe it's because I've seen my share of 30 goals scorers who could also do other things AND show up in the playoffs, so I place the bar a bit higher.

Like I said: Ryder just falls into the same category as Zednik, Rucinsky & co. EX-HABS I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYMORE! :P

Like I said: Ryder just falls into the same category as Zednik, Rucinsky & co. EX-HABS I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYMORE! :P

If you don't care, why's Zeddy still in your forum name? :P

$4M per huh?

So if Ryder rounds back into form and scores 30 goals, he makes $133,333.33 per goal

Good riddance you one trick greedy little SOB.

Ryder used to be one of my favourite players, but obviously fell out of favour with his performance. He's making slightly less than Mr. Kovalev right now, and that's a scary thing seeing as Kovy's contract is up at the end of the coming season.

New habskillers - Ryder in Boston and Samsonov in Carolina?

I hope not and I don't believe that will be the case.

Ryder is inept at doing more than one thing during a game he can either score 30 goals a season and be a –25 or score 12 and be a –6.

As for Samsonov I do not believe he will kill the Habs truth be told I do not believe he will be as productive as he was last year in his final months in Carolina.

[*&%$@! Ryder lol

No but honestly I would preffer writing about bye bye Streit and thanking him for his three years of coping with the changes and delivering!

HERE'S TO MARK STREIT! :clap: :hlogo:

you are welcome to create such a thread.

I wouldn'T be surprised to see Ryder get 25, maybe even 30 goals with the Pooh-Bears next year. Claude Julien knows Mike really well (coached him in Hull, Hamilton and Mtl) He will give Ryder every opportunity to look good out there (ie: lots of PP time) But for some reason, i doubt he'll be very productive in his second year!

I wouldn'T be surprised to see Ryder get 25, maybe even 30 goals with the Pooh-Bears next year. Claude Julien knows Mike really well (coached him in Hull, Hamilton and Mtl) He will give Ryder every opportunity to look good out there (ie: lots of PP time) But for some reason, i doubt he'll be very productive in his second year!

With a centre like Savard he could easily pot 30 goals again. But why pay sure $$ to a guy who is not a sure thing?

With a centre like Savard he could easily pot 30 goals again. But why pay sure $$ to a guy who is not a sure thing?

Because like soo many other GM's on this day, Chiarelli was duped into thinking that Ryder is the FA that his team absolutely needs to become a contender. Let's not forget that Claude Julien probably did an amazing job of selling Ryder to Chiarelli!

Apprently the Bruins had originally offered 10.5 million over 3 years, but they (the Bruins) heard rumours that 2 other teams were sending in offers for Ryder, so they decided to up their offer and make sure to sign him!

Don't be surprised if he pots 40-50.

Yes Julien will give him every chance to look good. A fresh start will give Ryder a positive attitude, very important!!!! A powerplay with Savard, Bergeron, a healthy shot from Chara, Lucic clearing the front of the net. Ryder will thrive. That set-up is something we could not give him. He will do well, just like Ribs.

Just wait for that first toe drag as he pops it past O.B and over Price's shoulder. It's going to sting.