Habs vs. Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bouillon simply got to Ruutu first because he was closer to him.

What bothers me is that Laraque didn't even try very hard to be there first tho...he moved at a snail's pace...a halfhearted effort to get at Ruutu, when he should have sprung into his highest gear like a madman as soon as it happened and let nothing stand in his way.

ok....so the next order of business...how can we ensure that rafikz is at the Bell centre for every game?

:lol:

Seriously, Gillett or Boivin should get me free tickets for the playoffs

Looks like I owe Rafikz an apology!!!

This was probably the best game of the year for the Habs.(better than the win against Toronto 1 month ago) Mostly because Ottawa is a better team than the leafs.

Great win overall by our boys. Nice to see Higgins get his first hat trick and very nice to see Price get his 1st SO of the year! Great way to start the week!

I took a chance; I could have been wrong :wacko:

Tonight's first star... rafikz?!

For those who missed it, Laraque did go after Ruutu, but Neil got in his way. Kudos to the Cube for getting in there. Ruutu waving to the crowd as he was ejected just further demonstrated what a classless act he is. I doubt the league will do anything about the headshot, but I sure hope they come down on him. They still have the tendency to only suspend players if there are injuries. *sigh*

Great effort by all the boys tonight. It was nice to see O'Byrne and Komisarek play the physically dominating game that we've barely seen this year. Lapierre was everywhere tonight, and led everyone with 8 hits. I thought that Sergei and Lats played better than they have recently. And obviously Higgins and Price were amazing.

Great game. Hopefully we can continue this kind of effort.

Tonight's first star... rafikz?!

For those who missed it, Laraque did go after Ruutu, but Neil got in his way. Kudos to the Cube for getting in there. Ruutu waving to the crowd as he was ejected just further demonstrated what a classless act he is. I doubt the league will do anything about the headshot, but I sure hope they come down on him. They still have the tendency to only suspend players if there are injuries. *sigh*

Great effort by all the boys tonight. It was nice to see O'Byrne and Komisarek play the physically dominating game that we've barely seen this year. Lapierre was everywhere tonight, and led everyone with 8 hits. I thought that Sergei and Lats played better than they have recently. And obviously Higgins and Price were amazing.

Great game. Hopefully we can continue this kind of effort.

My head is getting too big.

Well, I saw Heatley talking trash to Komisarek during a face off in the 2nd period; Komi didn't say much, but on the ensuing play he leveled Heatley down ^_^:lol: (the puck was away from them, so the refs didn't see that)

Also, Laraque had words with Neil in the 3rd; Georges tried to invite, but Neil wouldn't drop the gloves (and the crowd was chanting " Laraque ")

What bothers me is that Laraque didn't even try very hard to be there first tho...he moved at a snail's pace...a halfhearted effort to get at Ruutu, when he should have sprung into his highest gear like a madman as soon as it happened and let nothing stand in his way.

Ruutu wouldn't have dropped with Laraque, it would've been wasted energy. But I think you're being a little too judgemental here... the Bouillon/Ruutu scrap did happen fairly quickly, and Bouillon was a lot closer to Jarkko than Georges. Neil was on the ice as well, and he slowed up BGL.

Anyways, best game of the year by Les Glorieux so far. Very encouraging to see them respond to the coaching staff's message.

Ottawa isn't a better team than the Leafs, BTW. Maybe there's some better high end talent, but Toronto's work ethic, strong coaching, and better goaltender is an advantage over Ottawa, IMO. I don't believe the Sens are a playoff team. The Leafs probably aren't, either, but they'll play us harder in general than Ottawa will. In the calendar year 2008, the Leafs have been better than Ottawa for sure.

Good point Mmpl. Did anyone notice how Carbo put BGL out every time after a goal? Just in case the other team wanted to get nasty. I forgive O'byrne tonight. I loved Gorges too. Great team effort. Great defense for the first time in a long time. Price was flawless. Habs own, Leafs lose and triple time pay for working the stat. All is right in my world.

Yes, a very inspired game by the Habs. From start to finish they were intense, physical, playing smart only 1 dumb penalty (Komi late in the 3rd). Delay of game wasn't necassarily dumb just trying to do too much. So when they put in a good effort, good results will follow. I want to see them continue that kind of effort.

As others have said, Lapierre and O'Byrne were very good. Obviously everyone played well.

Higgins, Price and Gorges were stars for me.

Hopefully the win win doesn't go to there head and they bring against the Bruins.

nah. Charity donation.

Is that so? FP's question is a good one ~ I'd hope the Habs would allow fans the chance to reclaim their hats after the game? Anyone know what really happens to hat trick hats tossed on the ice because there were not so many thrown after Higgins netted his third . . .

Is that so? FP's question is a good one ~ I'd hope the Habs would allow fans the chance to reclaim their hats after the game? Anyone know what really happens to hat trick hats tossed on the ice because there were not so many thrown after Higgins netted his third . . .

Haven't read the thread at all, but this has been on my mind all morning!!!

What a let down for the first time the Bell centre has seen a hatrick in a long time. What? 2 or three hats on the ice? Man! From the best crowd in the NHL?

I'd like to apologize to Higgins on behave of 20 000 people for not showing up..........It really is Cup or nothing for these fickle fans.

THROW THE HAT MOTHER F************

:puke: :angry: :puke:

It's been so long since a hatty was scored by the home team at the Bell Centre that they've quit wearing them.

Fact is, you can only reach the ice from certain areas now. You can't from behind the nets with the netting there, so it's just from the expensive seats.

Honestly... was the last hat trick on home ice Zednik back in like 2003 or something? I think Saku might've got one back around then as well, just don't remember which were at home or on the road. Bulis' 4 goal game was in Philly, and Plex last year had a hatty in Buffalo.

Higgins, Price and Gorges were stars for me.

Agreed! Josh played an amazing game last night. Not only did he get a couple of assists, but on two seperate occasions, Daniel Alfredsson was moving fast towards our zone, and on both occasions Josh stood up to Alfie, and knocked him off the puck before Alfie could do much with it in our zone.

Excellent plays by Josh, and on both occasions, he didn't give up the blue line too quickly!

Yea, it seemed most of the D were more physical and not giving up the blue line as much. Thye weren't pinching as much and giving up many odd man breaks. Other then the breakaway in the third i couldn't think of many more odd man rushes where they hung out Price.

Gorges also took alot hits to make good plays.

During the Leaf game i think the boards were the only thing that stopped them from backing up any more.

Ryder in that Game 82 vs the Leafs and I feel like there was one last year.

Ryder's was in Toronto, and the one last year was Plekanec in Buffalo. Not since before the lockout has there been a hatty by a habs in Montreal.

Ryder's was in Toronto, and the one last year was Plekanec in Buffalo. Not since before the lockout has there been a hatty by a habs in Montreal.

Actually, i read in the papers today that Ryder had a hat trick agaist the Flyers on Feb. 5th 2006 at the Bell Centre!

Haven't read the thread at all, but this has been on my mind all morning!!!

What a let down for the first time the Bell centre has seen a hatrick in a long time. What? 2 or three hats on the ice? Man! From the best crowd in the NHL?

I'd like to apologize to Higgins on behave of 20 000 people for not showing up..........It really is Cup or nothing for these fickle fans.

THROW THE HAT MOTHER F************

:puke: :angry: :puke:

If you just dropped $400 on tickets that are a reasonable distance in which you can throw a hat, and then dropped

another $40 on the hat at the Bell Centre kiosk or store, I can understand not throwing your hat on the ice to

honour a miliionaire who finally finished some opportunities.

Call me crazy, but that is why you don't see the ice littered with hats anymore.