Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

19 hours ago, Link67 said:

Leddy just doesn't fit the need here, we need to acquire the kind of LD that makes it a no brainer, no discussion, to whether or not He or Mete are better off on the top pair, anything less, and you might as well just stick with status quo, which we obviously don't want.

What we ideally want to find is a guy who bumps Mete with Petry, and Kulak down to solidify the 3rd pair, no rolling the dice, no "Our Compliments" brand top 4 LD. Another Petry type of guy who shoots left would be great, something slightly less would be acceptable, either way, I am hoping that is the kind of hunt we are on.

Interesting. Before I read these posts I was thinking Leddy would be exactly that guy; one who immediately slots into our top 4, if not top pair. But if his production has honestly fallen off, well like you guys, I’m extremely weary. If we could acquire him more cheaply I’d still be willing to take a shot though. 

But thanks for the input, I didn’t realize Leddy’s game had a serious drop off!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Metallica said:

I wouldn't trade Domi either. But I would trade Tatar if they were asking for him. Simply because of the deep forward class of free agent's this year.

Id move a winger like tatar to get a defenceman.  But my solution wouldn't be wayne simmonds.  There are other ufa forwards id look at though sure.

I would move the first rounder for gostisbehere but only because he is 26 and has 4 years of a great contract ahead of him.

It wouldnt be on the table for a lot of other LHD options out there who are older or have less favourable contracts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Interesting. Before I read these posts I was thinking Leddy would be exactly that guy; one who immediately slots into our top 4, if not top pair. But if his production has honestly fallen off, well like you guys, I’m extremely weary. If we could acquire him more cheaply I’d still be willing to take a shot though. 

But thanks for the input, I didn’t realize Leddy’s game had a serious drop off!

That’s what great about this site - the excellent input from knowledgeable fans, like Commandant ?

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I would move the first rounder for gostisbehere but only because he is 26 and has 4 years of a great contract ahead of him.

It wouldnt be on the table for a lot of other LHD options out there who are older or have less favourable contracts.

I would like nothing more than to trade that 1st rounder towards a trade for Gostisbehere. Pay whatever it costs 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Id move a winger like tatar to get a defenceman.  But my solution wouldn't be wayne simmonds.  There are other ufa forwards id look at though sure.

I just mentioned Simmons simply because he could help the pp, plus you can play him on the LW. But i wouldn't over pay for him either.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

I just wonder why Gostisbhere might be available, seems like a 26 defenceman who is entering the prime of his career, has great mobility and a great contract would be available. It's not like Philly is deep in defenceman unless they are doing a total rebuild. 

Edited by Habs Fan in Edmonton

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I just wonder why Gostisbhere might be available, seems like a 26 defenceman who is entering the prime of his career, has great mobility and a great contract would be available. It's not like Philly is deep in defenceman unless they are doing a total rebuild. 

I believe it's because if I am not mistaken Philadelphia GM made it clear to the league that  everyone but Giroux and Hart are available. They  would listen to trade offers.

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Bob mckenzie says hes available cause philly has a shitload of young defencemen and needs some depth scoring.  They also have fletcher who believes that you need a leader for all the young d.

Provorov and sanheim are their untouchables.

Gostisbehere has more value than myers, morin, and hagg.

Gudas and macdonald are the expected vet leaders.

So that is 8 defencemen (6 young, 2 vets) and moving one to improve the forwards is what they are looking at.

Where your premise is wrong is that Philly is very deep in young defencemen.

6 hours ago, Metallica said:

I believe it's because if I am not mistaken Philadelphia GM made it clear to the league that  everyone but Giroux and Hart are available. They  would listen to trade offers.

There is a little more to it than that.  Bob mckenzie had far more info on his podcast... both this weeks and his previous one 

33 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

What if we add our 1st rounder?

is that overpaying?

That would make it an overpay imo, If we have to throw in a forward with our 1st rounder, it would have to be in the Lehkonen range of value, our pick is the 15th not the 25th.

Either way I think there is something that could be done if we do in fact offer our 15th pick in a conversation that involves Gostisbehere, and i would be all for it due to his age. But there really is no one else on LD worth throwing our 15th pick at that could be available, it is literally only him because of his age, his contract, and skill set.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

is that overpaying?

That 15th has a lot of value in my opinion. The talk around the draft is that from picks 3-15 there is a ton of top talent available. D men like Cam York,  Heinola, Broberg could even turn out as good as Ghost. 

So to give up Drouin and that pick I’m hesitant. Drouin + a B prospect and one of our later picks maybe? 

17 minutes ago, Link67 said:

That would make it an overpay imo, If we have to throw in a forward with our 1st rounder, it would have to be in the Lehkonen range of value, our pick is the 15th not the 25th.

Either way I think there is something that could be done if we do in fact offer our 15th pick in a conversation that involves Gostisbehere, and i would be all for it due to his age. But there really is no one else on LD worth throwing our 15th pick at that could be available, it is literally only him because of his age, his contract, and skill set.

You almost have to do everything you can to acquire him because of that contract at his age. 

I dont think MB will move Drouin anyway so those proposals might be a moot point. With  our suddenly improved prospect pool though, I could easily see him moving the 15th in a trade.

Would shaw have any value going the other way? He just had a career year, honestly he played phenomenally. 

Habs: 15th + 50th + Shaw + Cale Fleury

Flyers: Ghost +  72nd

There is absolutely no hockey reason for Drouin to be untradeable. If (hypothetically speaking) MB could get Gostisbehere in return for Drouin and parts and didn't pursue it, that would be gross negligence on his part. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There is absolutely no hockey reason for Drouin to be untradeable. If (hypothetically speaking) MB could get Gostisbehere in return for Drouin and parts and didn't pursue it, that would be gross negligence on his part. 

I agree that if Drouin is the main piece in a deal, that is fine, or if the 15th pick is the main piece in a deal, that is fine. But I do not in any way, see how you could justify making both a part of a package for Gostisbehere, without having seriously overpaid at that point.

11 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree that Drouin and the 15th would be too much. I haven't given up on Drouin yet.  Likely some really good young defenceman available at 15. I think Bergevin now feels some pressure to make the playoffs this year as expectations are higher so I expect some sort of deal/free agent signing to get us there.  I am not normally a fan of trading draft picks but the prospect pool is deep enough now to get away with it. 

As long as do better then when traded 12th pick-McDonagh or 9th pick-Sergachev and get a young top-4 d-man.

I highly doubt will trade pick and seems should be handful of promising prospects to be taken at 15.

I could see trading a roster player, like Shaw, d-prospect and a 2nd pick for a young NHL d-man.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, Dalhabs said:

is that overpaying?

Drouin and a first is likely an overpay.  Yeah 

Maybe Drouin and columbus' 2nd round pick for ghost

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Habs first rounder should be in play. If Price and Weber weren't on this team, it would be a different story. 

It can be in play but its about who its in play for

Gost sure due to age and contract.

But it shouldnt be in play for 29 and 30 year olds .  We shouldnt be doing what vegas did with us for pacioretty or what they did for stone or what sj did for karlsson etc... we arent where they are in the build cycle either 

• Upvote 1