Philadelphia Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens | October 24th, 2016 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

36 minutes ago, hupette gros said:

I wonder if the decision to play Emelin with Weber was mostly based on Therrien's intention to have him against Simmonds?

I think Beaulieu is often poorly positioned in the D-zone and he appears vulnerable to bodychecks. Emelin is more prone to sustain pressure from heavy hitting right wingers.

I think you are right in your observation in regards to Simmonds he has been known to run over our D in the past. He was barely noticeable tonight because of the Weber/Emilin pairing.

I expect that pairing to be brought up every once in a while against heavy forechecking teams.

I think Beaulieu will be right back at it with Weber against skating teams. He was right out there the very next shift after his gaff.

53 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

MB can go ahead and extend Radulov any day now; he may work even harder than Gallagher does, and talent to spare. 

1) He can't extend him until January 1st, even if he wanted to.

2) It makes little sense to extend him before the expansion draft.  Offer him the contract, have it all agreed in principle, and register it with the league the day after the expansion draft.  It essentially lets you protect one extra player this way. 

Fun game.

10% on faceoffs for Galchenyuk, uggg.

Byron 12:12 got lowest forward icetime, was distributed well and JJD finally did it and gave just 19:48 to Markov.:thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

1) He can't extend him until January 1st, even if he wanted to.

2) It makes little sense to extend him before the expansion draft.  Offer him the contract, have it all agreed in principle, and register it with the league the day after the expansion draft.  It essentially lets you protect one extra player this way. 

Thanks for the info.  I hope MB does have a deal in place well ahead of time, and uses the strategy you outlined in point 2.  The guy is a keeper.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Nope this is a montreal local viewing area only game.. .sportsnet east if in the area.

Or game centre/centre ice. 

Or that other way which we don't talk about.

;)

Ya know I was just sitting here thinking, if you give Le Genius a goalie some really good players and Kirk Muller, even he can look good. So since they are associate coaches, when it comes to coach of the year do they both win it?:P

The commentators I had on seemed to think Emelin was on the top pair due to big physical Simmonds being on the top line as well. Either way, although it's a small sample size, Weber can make anyone look good on the top pair it seems. Emelin didn't look out of place in my opinion. I'm hoping Beaulieu stays on the top pair as well though. I don't want to see our defensive pairings starting to be juggled too often as well because it becomes too inconsistent. One game it's the right call, the next game it's not. 

Guest Stogey24

Emelin was playing top pair the second half of the game against Boston too. 

I have this feeling Beaulieu is going to get moved. Maybe not yet, but I think it's going to happen. 

8 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Thanks for the info.  I hope MB does have a deal in place well ahead of time, and uses the strategy you outlined in point 2.  The guy is a keeper.

You do realize he has only played 6 games don't you? All would agree that he is playing very well, but next June is a little ways and a ton of games away from now.

How many wide open chances did the Flyers have on Price? Had to be more than 10? He is playing some solid.

Weber shot breaks a stick well out from the net and puck still goes in, nice break and pretty darn powerful shot.

Lehkonen with 5 more shots and also played well again.

Only took 1 penalty which made Price's job a bit easier.

12 hours ago, Stephane Pichette said:

Where do you live? You surely would have access with Bell Fibe or Shaw Direct? I couldn't imagine not having access to all 82 games. We've basically had access to all Habs games ere in Timmins since mid-1980s...with SRC, TVA, and TQS until RDS took over.

Shaw Direct is who I have and they do not offer the French-only option unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

1.99  a month for RDS was a dream.

Was 4.99 out west (forced to get TVA also) and was a pretty sweet deal, now I get 100s of games I don't even care to watch for $200+.

Just move to the east coast and you get all the Habs games included in your basic cable package. You won't make as much money but we have lots of beaches and seafood and you could buy a house twice the size you currently have 

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Just move to the east coast and you get all the Habs games included in your basic cable package. You won't make as much money but we have lots of beaches and seafood and you could buy a house twice the size you currently have 

I am told I cant retire and spend some time tearing up Crowbush, Brudenell or Mill River quite yet. So till then centreice it will be.

13 hours ago, DON said:

10% on faceoffs for Galchenyuk, uggg.

Is there's no rule that says your center has to take the faceoffs, is there? He doesn't seem to be getting better. What about just letting Gallagher take them?

1 hour ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Is there's no rule that says your center has to take the faceoffs, is there? He doesn't seem to be getting better. What about just letting Gallagher take them?

You can have anyone take faceoffs.  The problem for Gallagher is he's not very good at them either.  He wins about 40% of them - and most of his draws come on his strong side.

1 hour ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

Not sure a rule and not sure why Galchenyuk has seemingly regressed, maybe lining up vs #1 centres on other team, he just isn't ready for?