Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Machine of Loving Grace

Max Pacioretty Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Also Skinner had choice of where he could be traded to. Pacioretty doesn't unless he negotiates an extension.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

That's actually a good but unfortunate point

Honestly; I wish I am wrong because I also think Panarin in a Habs jersy would be pretty blinking Sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ehjay said:

Honestly; I wish I am wrong because I also think Panarin in a Habs jersy would be pretty blinking Sweet!

So would Crosby and my guess it is about same chance of that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DON said:

So would Crosby and my guess it is about same chance of that happening.

So JT can go to the Laffs bcuz of pj's he had as a 9yr old but Crosby can't go the Habs? Don sometimes I wonder the same but then I remember I like Crosby and keep my fingers crossed ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ehjay said:

So JT can go to the Laffs bcuz of pj's he had as a 9yr old but Crosby can't go the Habs? Don sometimes I wonder the same but then I remember I like Crosby and keep my fingers crossed ;)

 

He was still a Habs fan until some members of the media mocked his attempts at speaking French. 

 

Lecavalier played this organization like a fiddle, same with Lapointe. Ryane Clowe wanted to sign here but NJ made him an insane offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 5:18 PM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

He was still a Habs fan until some members of the media mocked his attempts at speaking French. 

 

Lecavalier played this organization like a fiddle, same with Lapointe. Ryane Clowe wanted to sign here but NJ made him an insane offer. 

I think if Crosby was sure to put on  a Habs jersy the French media would wage fake news war on Any media that would try and dis SC87 (edit) well for speaking french anyway. SC would gain Jebus Status just as Bob Gainey did. He will do no wrong and Lord Help any1 that talkS#!t of this Man Should he bring the Grail Home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ehjay said:

I think if Crosby was sure to put on  a Habs jersy the French media would wage fake news war on Any media that would try and dis SC87 (edit) well for speaking french anyway. SC would gain Jebus Status just as Bob Gainey did. He will do no wrong and Lord Help any1 that talkS#!t of this Man Should he bring the Grail Home.

 

Ha ha, ehjay, I think the post above was as booze-addled as this Saturday night post is. The bottom line is the Habs have to ice a Cup-calibre team, at which point the francophone media and everyone else can piss off, because the Habs will be widely feared instead of laughed at. You youngsters probably don't remember what it was like to have the Habs as perennial contenders. I do, and the mess that we've had to suffer through since 1993 hurts. Believe me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard on the radio that the Habs were willing to offer Max the 8years and 7 to 8 million per year he was looking for. The thing the Habs weren'T willing to do was give Max a NTC.

 

I wonder if the Habs were to offer him the numbers I mentioned, but instead of a full NTC, offer him a NTC that is valid for the first 4 years of the term, would Max accept that kind of offer?. Max would have the guarantee that he couldn't be traded for the next 4 years, and the Habs could trade him in the final years of his contract when he'd be older and less productive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2018 at 2:13 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Ha ha, ehjay, I think the post above was as booze-addled as this Saturday night post is. The bottom line is the Habs have to ice a Cup-calibre team, at which point the francophone media and everyone else can piss off, because the Habs will be widely feared instead of laughed at. You youngsters probably don't remember what it was like to have the Habs as perennial contenders. I do, and the mess that we've had to suffer through since 1993 hurts. Believe me.

My 1st cup (remembered) is '86 and maybe that is a blessing on it's own but most my friends are older then me(they member berries) so how you feel about this Team since '93 is a chorus that is very loudly sung by my friends and obvioulsy heard by me. I just don't know how to get that across to to this Team (along with my friends), so I rant and try to figure out a way to get the attention of this beastly corporation. As I do believe that the Team still cares what it's fans want. GoHabsGo! :)    btw, Thanks for calling me youngster :o I arrowup that all day! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 1:13 AM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Ha ha, ehjay, I think the post above was as booze-addled as this Saturday night post is. The bottom line is the Habs have to ice a Cup-calibre team, at which point the francophone media and everyone else can piss off, because the Habs will be widely feared instead of laughed at. You youngsters probably don't remember what it was like to have the Habs as perennial contenders. I do, and the mess that we've had to suffer through since 1993 hurts. Believe me.

 

If Montreal has great players, nobody will care what they speak.

 

But the media has made it clear that if the club sucks? It better suck with local players.

 

Same with coaching and GM. If the best coach or GM wants to come here, they will be accepted. They just don't have a very big window to get it done. But if we are going with someone with no experience, people want a local and they want to hear their own language.

 

Kovalev got Lafleur comparisons for an 84 point season. That's how starved this franchise is for top flight players. That's why I say tank and rebuild. If we got Hughes first overall and he proved to be a 100 point centre, nobody would care he's an under six feet tall Yank. They would celebrate him all still. The first language of the Habs is success and we forgot how to speak the native tongue.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-08-02 at 2:38 PM, Habopotamus said:

How is Radulov as has been? He's a better all around player than Pacioretty. 

 

8 million dollars for a 20 goal scorer( I don't think he'll drop off like that) is insane. How can you be ok with that. 

 

You know what a good locker room guy is? One who performs on the ice.

Havopotamus, I never replied back...

I'll est my words with regards to Radu. He is not a has been, I am just mad at him choosing Dallas' money instead of my team

 

I think that the CH would be better with Pacioretty for the next 4 to 5 years than without

 

beyond that, to me, it is OK to carry a boat  ancher of a contract for a couple of years like some teams do. 

 

7.5 for Patches in the next 5 years : good

more term or money than that: not great, but better than getting a has-been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to sign Pacs long term, why pay some 7.5 mill and not make the playoffs. Get younger, more talented and rebuild. 

 

The habs have zero chance of making the playoffs for the foreseeable future. 

 

No centers, no puck moving moving D that are NHL ready. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Habs have zero chance to make the playoffs..... never. 

 

One reason to resign Pacioretty is because he is currently our best offensive threat. 

 

Another reason to resign him would be if the assets we get for him are not all that impressive. 

 

But no, instead we can just trade him because we’re going to be bad anyway.   Moving Pacioretty for futures increases the odds that we will be bad in the short term. In that sense, the prophecy will be fulfilled. I don’t understand the logic of that (we’re going to be bad anyway) being the reasoning we should move him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The Habs have zero chance to make the playoffs..... never. 

 

One reason to resign Pacioretty is because he is currently our best offensive threat. 

 

Another reason to resign him would be if the assets we get for him are not all that impressive. 

 

But no, instead we can just trade him because we’re going to be bad anyway.   Moving Pacioretty for futures increases the odds that we will be bad in the short term. In that sense, the prophecy will be fulfilled. I don’t understand the logic of that (we’re going to be bad anyway) being the reasoning we should move him. 

 

If Pacs was signed long term than I get it, but he’s not. He’s a deminishing asset because in one year he walks away for nothing.

 

You Trade him now for futures so you have futures. Learn from the Isle, sometimes banking on your best offensive player to come back doesn’t pan out. 

 

Plus, be realistic. THIS year is going to be a tough year. Weber is out, our F group is the same, and our D hasn’t improved. If Price isn’t a wall, the losses will pile up. Get better by being worse. Get a top of the line prospect rather than a mid rounder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m fine with trading Pacioretty in the end because of specific circumstance, but I hate that it came down to getting 2-3 picks and a prospect if that’s what ends up being the case. We’ll see how it plays out but that type of return will only be subdued amongst the fan base by the fact that he’d been on the market for some time, as well as the fact that our intentions were made clear. 

 

If we’re better in 2 years due to making the trade, then by all means. If we only might be better in say, 3 years, I would have preferred resigning him to an extension. The only thing I somewhat understand is if Pacioretty wanted long term as well as a no movement clause, which has been thrown out there as a reason for the Habs having made their intentions clear to whatever reporter that spilled the beans. I think those things are sometimes waived anyway and so one would think they could figure something out if that really were the biggest hurdle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

If we’re better in 2 years due to making the trade, then by all means. If we only might be better in say, 3 years, I would have preferred resigning him to an extension. The only thing I somewhat understand is if Pacioretty wanted long term as well as a no movement clause, which has been thrown out there as a reason for the Habs having made their intentions clear to whatever reporter that spilled the beans. I think those things are sometimes waived anyway and so one would think they could figure something out if that really were the biggest hurdle.

4

 

I have a hard time believing that the team, that rarely leaks anything, decided to leak this and hurt their leverage in a trade.  This feels like something his agent, who's known for doing stuff like this, did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

I have a hard time believing that the team, that rarely leaks anything, decided to leak this and hurt their leverage in a trade.  This feels like something his agent, who's known for doing stuff like this, did.

 

I have a hard time believing it as well. However, if it was his agent who started this then the story is pretty much meaningless and we shouldn’t expect him to get moved until the deadline. I also think that while the media likes a story, if it were only his agent who made a comment on this topic, it shouldn’t have been reported as though this was something that was written in stone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't sign a soon to be 30 year old, who relies on his speed, to a long-term big money deal.  This is especially true if your team is looking like its not going to compete in the immediate future. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You don't sign a soon to be 30 year old, who relies on his speed, to a long-term big money deal.  This is especially true if your team is looking like its not going to compete in the immediate future. 

 

 

At what point is the future not immediate? One season? 

Pacioretty will still be producing 30g +/-  5g over the next 2 to 3 years 

 

I don't want to get rid of our best offensive player in rethoric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

At what point is the future not immediate? One season? 

Pacioretty will still be producing 30g +/-  5g over the next 2 to 3 years 

 

I don't want to get rid of our best offensive player in rethoric

He’s going to be producing those stats for more than 2-3 more years. I firmly believe it. Eric Staal scored 42 this year and Max will be his age in 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He’s going to be producing those stats for more than 2-3 more years. I firmly believe it. Eric Staal scored 42 this year and Max will be his age in 4 years. 

I am trying to be pessimistic since I tend to be too upbeat on the Habs' players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He’s going to be producing those stats for more than 2-3 more years. I firmly believe it. Eric Staal scored 42 this year and Max will be his age in 4 years. 

I am trying to be pessimistic since I tend to be too upbeat on the Habs' players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am trying to be pessimistic since I tend to be too upbeat on the Habs' players

 

I get you. This is one of those crystal ball scenarios where no one truly knows the outcome... 🔮 It’s also easy to downgrade one’s expectations when everyone’s telling you his demise is there to be seen.

 

I’ve simply always viewed Pacioretty as a quick healer, for instance and one that defies the logic of time when it comes to things like regressing. His nickname is still Wolverine somewhere deep down in there. I think it’s fair to expect that he’s going to start having a down year here and there after having been a model of consistency in his younger age. Similar to last season. However I still won’t be surprised when he tears it up, relatively speaking, in 5 years. Rick Nash did “happen” but I don’t get the same vibe with Pacioretty. For every Rick Nash, there are Eric Staals and Alexander Ovechkin. What I do believe is that in his older age, a lot of his statistical output will become more reliant on those he’s surrounded with, as well as the manner in which his coaching staff uses him. That’ll be something that will be a little bit out of his control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric Staal is the exception, and his game is not similar to Pacioretty in any way. 

 

Look around the league... most forwards start to drop off at the age of 32 or 33, but if you want to bet a long term, big money extension on a winger who relies on speed to be an exception to the rule instead of being part of the majority of these types of players because of emotional attachments to the player, thats fine. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get a good return for Pacioretty and I'm all for moving him. On the other hand, I don't know who said anything about signing him to an overly long term deal. 6 x 7.5 would be fine any way you slice it and if Pacioretty isn't willing to take it, good riddance. He won't be getting anything much better than that on the open market anyway. 

 

Considering we currently have very few free agents who sign here, having left us with unusable cap space, signing an actual performer, who's been our best player for many years doesn't seem so out of the ordinary. Eric Staal is an exception and Max Pacioretty can be as well. Anyone who thinks he's going to fall off a cliff may be incorrect because he's demonstrated throughout his career that he comes back from injuries quickly, heals unlike any other and I except that to translate into longevity in his career. Combine this with the fact that this situation has unfolded the way it has and the rest of his career will either be a shit-show, or he will be playing with a sort of chip on his shoulder. 

 

Regardless of the reality that every player is ageing, the point is that people want him gone regardless of what the return is. That's not applicable to some, but it is to others. There are different "groups" when it comes to those who want him gone. Recently we heard from people who were advocating trading Pacioretty due to the fact that he was the only asset we had who could get a return  that would fill our needs. The more time passes us by, the more we see those who want Pacioretty traded simply because they want to be over with the "drama" surrounding him.

 

At what point does the scale tip towards signing Pacioretty to an extension when we realize that the value isn't there? It seems to me that there are many who's scales would never tip the other way. It's possible that management is in that camp as well, which is an issue. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×