Game #4 WIngs at Habs Oct 10, 2019

DON

I feel like Gallagher has improved his skating.  His speed and cuts seem way better and unpredictable. His right side rush where he slams on the brakes and looks to the centre is super effective. Especially because the is such a danger that he will just go through you and crash the net. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Byron has been invisible for a while 

Agreed - I was surprised to see him get moved up into the top six for Suzuki.  I thought Weal would have made a lot more sense based on how he was playing.

• Like 1

It took 2 bad bounces, a shot screened by his own player, and a 180 ft empty netter to score... but this still feels like a game the Habs should have won. 

The useless penalties have been killer. If Cousins is still injured I wouldn't be shocked to see a callup from Laval so Julien can start sitting guys instead of just dropping them down the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

It took 2 bad bounces, a shot screened by his own player, and a 180 ft empty netter to score... but this still feels like a game the Habs should have won. 

The useless penalties have been killer. If Cousins is still injured I wouldn't be shocked to see a callup from Laval so Julien can start sitting guys instead of just dropping them down the lineup. 

Not sure why you feel that... they were out played and out chanced all night... shots on goal were close but scoring chances were significantly in Detroit’s favor.

• Upvote 3

Habs just didn't have the jump tonight.

I do think Suzuki finally showed some flashes in the second half, and from what I'm seeing Drouin is playing focused and hungry. Maybe we can dream that Armia is going to hit another level and become a 20-goal man. It's not all bad. Just one of those games IMHO. One thing was clear: they can't handle Detroit's first line.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Habs just didn't have the jump tonight.

I do think Suzuki finally showed some flashes in the second half, and from what I'm seeing Drouin is playing focused and hungry. Maybe we can dream that Armia is going to hit another level and become a 20-goal man. It's not all bad. Just one of those games IMHO. One thing was clear: they can't handle Detroit's first line.

Bernier, is not even a starter in the nhl (on a quality team, anyways) . The last 5 shots Montreal took on him, were literally right in the chest.

I know it sounds ridiculous, being this early in the season, but Montreal can't afford to give away points to non-playoff teams.

Nights off won't cut it, for a meat and potatoes type of team, like Montreal. These points will make a difference at the end of the season. 

They looked flat. Couldn’t coral the puck if their life depended on it. 

For better or worse this team will live and die by their intensity. Forecheck, move your feet, drive the net. 

I like to think of them as pesky little mosquitoes that refuse to go away. 

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

I know it sounds ridiculous, being this early in the season, but Montreal can't afford to give away points to non-playoff teams

If they are to make the playoffs.

Nights off won't cut it

Dont think will make playoffs and they will likely have another 10-15 "off-nights" against good and bad teams.

But was a weak game for sure (could use 1st game after a road trip, or was a back-to-back game as weak excuses) , but i thought Suzuki looked more comfortable out there.

2 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Bernier, is not even a starter in the nhl (on a quality team, anyways) . The last 5 shots Montreal took on him, were literally right in the chest.

I know it sounds ridiculous, being this early in the season, but Montreal can't afford to give away points to non-playoff teams.

Nights off won't cut it, for a meat and potatoes type of team, like Montreal. These points will make a difference at the end of the season. 

Welcome to the world of a bubble team. Good enough to occasionally beat the elite clubs, bad enough to drop a disconcerting number of games to weak teams. I'd expect this dynamic to play out for most of the season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1