Prust Out For the Remainder of Season/Major Line Changes

Per twitter: Brandon Prust is out for the remainder of the regular season, and will be reevaluated at the start of the playoffs.

Practice today brought major changes in the bottom six:

Eller-Moved to fourth line C

Galchenyuk-Moved to 3rd line C

Rene Bourque-Back in

White-Out of the lineup

New Lines:

Pax-DD-Vanek

Brière-Plekanec-Gallagher

Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta

Moen-Eller-Weise

Bummer for Prust.

I don't mind the changes, i #27 will do god at C with 2 vets with him, Bourque is decent defensively,.

Eller i think will be on a short leash, as sim.on states, White has been really good.

The injury might open up a spot for Bournival to get into a game or two with Montreal before the playoffs. He'll be back up in a couple of days and now will be 14th on the forward depth chart. There may be a bit of a battle for that 4th line C role down the stretch with him and White (and if Galchenyuk does well at C, Eller will be in that mix as well).

I'd like to give Eller a chance on the wing with Galchenyuk and send Bourque home. If he doesn't work out, give the shot to Bournival.

Leave white on the 4th line and if Eller is successful as a 3rd line winger, have White, Moen, weisse and Bournival fight for the 4th line role

The injury might open up a spot for Bournival to get into a game or two with Montreal before the playoffs. He'll be back up in a couple of days and now will be 14th on the forward depth chart. There may be a bit of a battle for that 4th line C role down the stretch with him and White (and if Galchenyuk does well at C, Eller will be in that mix as well).

• Upvote 1

Other than shuffling players and love his effort; but, likely wont miss Prust too badly. If helps get Galchenyuk a centre role for several games and Bournival back in lineup that actually may be good.

Eller-Weise-Moan may be a fast hitting 4th line also.

For all the groaning about Prust, it'll be good to see Galchenyuk play center. Decent line mates to start with, Gionta is still serviceable, and great at defense, and maybe Bourque steps up. You have to think, at this point he's basically playing for his career. Two more years, but maybe he gets bought out if he doesn't show something. No one signs him next year if he gets bought out.

I'd like to give Eller a chance on the wing with Galchenyuk and send Bourque home. If he doesn't work out, give the shot to Bournival.

Leave white on the 4th line and if Eller is successful as a 3rd line winger, have White, Moen, weisse and Bournival fight for the 4th line role

yes, for giving Eller a shot at wing; but I would still want to give Bourque a chance because you can always swap Eller and bourque depending on who responds. It gives something like this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Eller-Plekanec-Gallagher

Bourque-Galcheynuk-Gionta

Moen-White-Weise

Whith this lineunp, you can play musical chairs with the 3 bottom-line left-wings

No one signs him next year if he gets bought out.

I don't think he'd have too hard of a time getting a chance somewhere. 6'2 and a three time 20-goal guy that's only 32. That alone will have a few teams interested on a one year deal.

Bournival had a great game for Hamilton last night, would like to see him get his chance for a game or two, he will bring as much or more than Bourque. Glad to see MT with the will to give Galchenyuk more ice time lately, and trying him at center is a good move by MT at this time. Although he will be depth for playoffs this season, I'm hoping Bourque will be in a trade at the draft maybe..... he will get a chance somewhere for sure.

Bournival had a great game for Hamilton last night, would like to see him get his chance for a game or two, he will bring as much or more than Bourque. Glad to see MT with the will to give Galchenyuk more ice time lately, and trying him at center is a good move by MT at this time. Although he will be depth for playoffs this season, I'm hoping Bourque will be in a trade at the draft maybe..... he will get a chance somewhere for sure.

yup, Bournival has played super in 2 Hamilton games and his speed makes him clearcut better option, both short-long term, over Rene (even if a bit worse defensively right now).

Guest Stogey24

Depth scoring is crucial for this team. Hopefully Prust can help us in the playoffs.

As for Bournival I still don't see where he fits into the line up.

Depth scoring is crucial for this team. Hopefully Prust can help us in the playoffs.

As for Bournival I still don't see where he fits into the line up.

Any roster spot with Bourque in it.

• Upvote 1

I would agree with that but Rene needs another chance in the playoffs. He was one of the best 3 forwards against the Sens.

Bourque has this and 9 more games to show he can do something or else he could be cheerleader/injury fill-in for playoffs.

I want no part of him, but they have to see if can get some value out of him I suppose.

Bourque has this and 9 more games to show he can do something or else he could be cheerleader/injury fill-in for playoffs.

I want no part of him, but they have to see if can get some value out of him I suppose.

this is not the time to play Bourque. He showed up for his usual 10 to 15 games. Sit him for the rest of the season.

this is not the time to play Bourque. He showed up for his usual 10 to 15 games. Sit him for the rest of the season.

Is my favourite option, but MB has to 'try' and see if he has any value or can play him in playoffs.

And Molson needs to write the cheque to make him go away, so maybe Bourque's last gasp at playing?

Don't worry, if somehow we were to release Bourque he would get picked up elsewhere on a one-year deal. Players with size get chances over and over and over again no matter how utterly stink-o useless they are.

Bournival could be a terrific added element come playoff time, especially if he can recapture that incredible energy game from his first few weeks with us. Teams that go on runs always have one or two secret weapons like that, usually some rookie nobody's heard of.

Bournival could be a terrific added element come playoff time, especially if he can recapture that incredible energy game from his first few weeks with us. Teams that go on runs always have one or two secret weapons like that, usually some rookie nobody's heard of.

Agreed. How can we forget Paul DiPietro!!!

The Bourque - Briere - Gionta line has been a pretty great ragtag group of veterans with varying levels of being washed up. Call them the "Last Chance" line.

I have to agree.

Should this be merger with the injury thread?

Don't worry, if somehow we were to release Bourque he would get picked up elsewhere on a one-year deal. Players with size get chances over and over and over again no matter how utterly stink-o useless they are.

Well, with no wish to cause others doubt about the wisdom of your post,...I agree.

• Upvote 1