Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOO!!!

I don't want to see Perreault in a Leafs jersey! Not again!

To me he will always be a Canadiens, but I think this perhaps make him a Maple Leaf for good. God forbid.

Well, players were definitely available, but Gainey doesn't seem to have done much. I guess there is time for a surprise to come in, but I can't believe he didn't get a vet goalie for the stretch drive.

Ryan Smyth would have been awesome, depending on the price.

Guess he was not signed eh hahahaha :D

but this sucks for the Habs.

I thought that 990 was fairly reliable when reporting something such as a signing. Still though, I can't believe...if it's true...that Smyth was traded. Damn Isles, Zednik and potentially Smyth.

Well, players were definitely available, but Gainey doesn't seem to have done much. I guess there is time for a surprise to come in, but I can't believe he didn't get a vet goalie for the stretch drive.

Ryan Smyth would have been awesome, depending on the price.

yeah I am interested to see what they gave up. The only good thing is that the Habs can try to sign him in the summer.

Indeed. If true, this is also a major credibility blow to Eklund, who still has it on his site that he re-signed with Oil - E5. Isn't E5 supposed to mean it's a done deal?

Eklund is a ###### he posts 20 different things and one hits. He broke the trade news before TSN though.

Great....teams we are fighting with got significant upgrades: Smyth to the Isles and Perrault to the Leafs.

Biron went relatively cheap when we have major troubles in nets. Belfour and Cujo were surely available relatively cheap.

And Bob? Bob sat on the sidelines with his thumb jambed firmly up his ass.

I'm not impressed.

Great....teams we are fighting with got significant upgrades: Smyth to the Isles and Perrault to the Leafs.

Biron went relatively cheap when we have major troubles in nets. Belfour and Cujo were surely available relatively cheap.

I'm not impressed.

I agree the Smyth to the Iles almost puts them in the playoffs but Perrault will not help the Leafs much at all they are alreay one of the best faceoff teams in the league.

Edited by JMMR

I agree the Smyth to the Iles almost puts them in the playoffs but Perrault will not help the Leafs much at all they are alreay one of the best faceoff teams in the league.

He also puts the puck in the net on a regular basis.

I'm not impressed.

I am, he didnt cave into pressure and listen to hysterics and make a dumb trade for the sake of it.

This team is a decent team, on a long term rebuilding project. We lost Huet our all-star goalie, you cant just replace a guy like that. We ae going to go as far as our goaltending to take us, and I would put more faith in Halak, the best goalie prospect in the AHL to carry us than some washed up old fart like cujo. It will be a trial of fire, but the bottom line is that we will live or die by that sword and if our #1 and #2 lines can keep firing like they have been the last 10 days or so.

A trade for a rental would be ridiculous at this point and just comprimise our long term chances of building a top shelf team.

Edited by Dirty Harry