Game Thread | Panthers vs. Habs | 02/13/07

Spider-Man NL

TSN ICE CHIPS:

The Canadiens will start goaltender Cristobal Huet against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. Craig Rivet is still suffering from pneumonia. He will not dress on Tuesday. Michael Ryder went to the hospital for stitches after being hit in the left ear by a puck near the end of practice. Alex Kovalev was on the ice but had limited practice time. Coach Guy Carbonneau says he has an upper body injury, but should play tomorrow. However, Kovalev was taken to hospital for x-rays after practice. - TSN

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific job on the gamethread Spidey, like always :)

-->I can assure everyone that the slump will end tomorrow with a win against the f*****g Florida Panthers. The Habs seriously need to play all of the 60 minutes and not 15-20 mins, playing with that kind of attitude costs you 2 points everytime. I hope Rollie Melanson gave Huet and Abby a good beating with his hockey stick cuzz they gotta pick up the game they lost. I'm looking forward to an overall strong performance from the Habs.

GO HABS GOOOOOO!!!!

TSN ICE CHIPS:

The Canadiens will start goaltender Cristobal Huet against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. Craig Rivet is still suffering from pneumonia. He will not dress on Tuesday. Michael Ryder went to the hospital for stitches after being hit in the left ear by a puck near the end of practice. Alex Kovalev was on the ice but had limited practice time. Coach Guy Carbonneau says he has an upper body injury, but should play tomorrow. However, Kovalev was taken to hospital for x-rays after practice. - TSN

Hope its nothing serious...

As Kaos stated earlier, this game is absolutely huge, and we need to set a positive trend and get us back in the W column.

GOOO HABBSSSS GOOOOO I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP YET!!

Huet is finally showing his true colors.

Trade him before he loses all value.

He's not a starting goalie in this league (at least not for a playoff team).

It's not his fault, it's the refs. They are out to get him, infact they hate the Canadiens organization. I wouldn't be surprised if Bettman had a personal grudge against us.

That is why Huet has been struggling it's the ######ing refs.

:P

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

It's not his fault, it's the refs. They are out to get him, infact they hate the Canadiens organization. I wouldn't be surprised if Bettman had a personal grudge against us.

That is why Huet has been struggling it's the ######ing refs.

:P

I agree the refs are costing us games but still I think even I would make a better goalie then Huet if given the proper training. He's just SO slow laterally and half the time just stands there with his glove down hoping the puck hits him.

Huet is finally showing his true colors.

Trade him before he loses all value.

He's not a starting goalie in this league (at least not for a playoff team).

^^^ "Aebischer4life" is showing his true colours.

He seems to spaz out and look for the closest and easiest target to blame. Becoming one of the worst posters on these boards.

Lets trade him before he loses all value, I am sure there are more then a few boards looking to acquire his brand of irrelevent, end of the world knee jerk posts.

Seriously grow up, no one will listen to your nonsense.

hate to be a conspiracist but it sounds like a way for kovy to save face while being benched.

Hmmmm... quite possibly... I'll take it anyway. If he needs to be benched without being humiliated and comes back better next game, then I won't mind. PLEASE tell me this means Perogie is playing (although what I'd really like is Perogie Kovy Koivu on a line together!!!!)

Benching does nothing if it is done quietly. That said, maybe his minor injury prompted Carbo to give him the night off so he is ready for NJ.

Might be a good idea. I always wondered with a player like Kovalev who does not push himself all year long and does not want to get injured why not play play him 60 games a year. It would give him the rest he needs.

For Kovalev anyone who questionned his upper body injury didn't watch the games lately. His shot wich his is main asset is half as strong as it should be.

They need a spark and the only spark in the organization is Kots at this moment, so why the hell don't they called him up as soon as they knew that they would't dress Kovalev.

Management should be quicker in decision than that !!

They always wait too long before making any decision.

Remember the season turniong point was when Lapierre was on fire and management woke up too late to throw Murray out, that was december 22. It sended the wrong message to the team and it resulted on this huge slide.

Kovy and Johnson are out added to Rivet

so we've got 20 left any chance of calling a player up?

Higgins-Koivu-(Ryder)

Sammy-Plek-(Streit)

Begin-Bonk-(Murray)

(Latender)-Lapierre-(Downey)

the 6 dmen that are left.. meaning niinima plays tonite

( parenthesis ) are for possible positions...Im not sure Murray is allowed to play... shouldnt we call up Kosty?

For Kovalev anyone who questionned his upper body injury didn't watch the games lately. His shot wich his is main asset is half as strong as it should be.

They need a spark and the only spark in the organization is Kots at this moment, so why the hell don't they called him up as soon as they knew that they would't dress Kovalev.

Remember the season turniong point was when Lapierre was on fire and management woke up too late to throw Murray out, that was december 22. It sended the wrong message to the team and it resulted on this huge slide.

that was what pissed me off at the time. A guy is playing his heart out, getting results and gets sent back down. If the the habs took the same approach as laviolete in Carolina. either Murrey or Downey would have been sent down, coz they have pretty much down squat this year.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY won't carboneaue give Samsonov and Koivu a chance :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

easey now easy ryder...

to make a cause and effect connection between the slide with the MurraY being waived oFF? WE WERE ALL CHANTING PRAISE oops caps on... praise for Gainey's action there...

it aint that easy!