Game Thread | Toronto vs. Canadiens | 02/26/07

Spider-Man NL

mapleleafs_logo.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

toronto50.gif30-23-9 : 69 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif32-26-6 : 70 Points (9th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Toronto

1461.gif# 1 Andrew Raycroft (28-18-7), 2.88 GAA, .899 Save%

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (10-10-3), 2.94 GAA, .908 Save%

Maple Leafs Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Samsonov
Murray - Bonk - Johnson
Latendresse - Lapierre - Perezhogin

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Streit
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 7th, 2006:montreal50.gif3 toronto50.gif2 (SO)

Oct. 28th, 2006:toronto50.gif5 montreal50.gif4 (SO)

Nov. 11th, 2006:montreal50.gif1 toronto50.gif5

Dec. 2nd, 2006:toronto50.gif3 montreal50.gif4 (SO)

Jan. 27th, 2007:montreal50.gif1 toronto50.gif4

SourayGoalLeafs.jpg

KoivuLeafsfullj.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif& tsnlogo.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canadiens have 10 games out of the 18 remaining against our division rivals. This is is the 1st of those 10. If we want to go to the ball we'd better win these games!

Go Habs Go! :hlogo:

Spider-Man NL, where do you get these marvelous pics? :clap:

As always, the best.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/02/audio...ter_practise_1/

Kovalev, Rivet, Bégin expected back this week, if not Monday for Canadiens' hugely important game vs. Toronto

The Canadiens – or not quite half of them, anyway – were on Bell Centre ice today at noon to practise for Monday's hugely important game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, their time-honoured Eastern Conference rival who are snapping at their heels in the playoff chase.

Should the Maple Leafs beat the Habs, Montreal will fall into 10th place and Toronto will vault into ninth, with two games still in hand. We won't even say "must win," at risk of repeating ourselves for the umpteenth time.

What you need to know on a rare Sunday practice day:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nine skaters and both goaltenders took part in the hour-long workout. Among those on the ice: forward Alex Kovalev, who's missed the past seven games with an ailing left elbow; defenceman Craig Rivet, out for the past nine with pneumonia; and forward Steve Bégin, who's been sidelined the past three games with a broken bone in his right foot.

Bégin was not in uniform, but in sweats and a baseball cap, skating for the first time since he suffered a fracture blocking a shot last Sunday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Bégin figured he'd be gone for a couple of weeks; his recovery is progressing much more quickly than that.

All three might be ready to go tonight against Toronto, Kovalev and Rivet the most likely returnees. If not, they'll certainly at some point this week, with games Tuesday in New York vs. the Rangers, Friday in Buffalo and Saturday in Boston.

To help make room on the roster, the Canadiens today demoted Hamilton callup Duncan Milroy to the American Hockey League's Bulldogs.

David Aebischer gets the call in goal Monday, after Hamilton's Jaroslav Halak played a string of four straight, three wins and the loss Saturday against the New York Islanders.

Forward Guillaume Latendresse returns to the lineup, after having been a healthy scratch Saturday for the first time this season.

Both captain Saku Koivu and forward Sergei Samsonov were out today with the flu, according to team spokesman Dominick Saillant, though head coach Guy Carbonneau later said they were suffering more from colds than the flu. They're expected to play Monday.

The rest of the squad reported for off-ice training in the gym.

a-mic.jpg

Hopefully they come out flying sorry to see milroy go back down I like him but there is only so much room may kovalev is over his pout and will be ready to rock and roll. GOGOGOGOGo HABS GOGOGOGOGOGO

Games against the leafers have been very emotional. Sometimes bringing great chemistry that boosts a habs team forward into winning stretches. But the reverse can also be true. Last time was not fun; there was no passion. It made me feel horrible. I know things have changed and the team is playing with confidense again so lets keep that energy up and fast paced!

GO HABS GO!

Burn those leafs, I need a good Laugh!

GO HABS GO!

Finally, I can go Bananas in front of my TV again because Kovalev is back! Wooooooo!

Sooo Happy Go Habs Go! Ladies and Gentleman, Ak27....You know what Kovalev did last time he came back from an injury (If You dont, watch the Ottawa game highlights). :D:D:D

GO :hlogo: GO

Samsonov and Koivu were mentionned and Le Journal de Montréal this morning as affected by the flu...i guess Saku kissed his little friend goodbye and caught his virus. :P

I wish they play Kots even though Kovalev is back.

I would like to see Samsonov back with Bonk and Johnson.

Plekanek, Kovalev and Kots would be a cool second line.

And Lapierre, Latendresse and Murray on the fourth.

hmmm... interesting. Habsinsideout says he will be at today's skate.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/02/game_...of_canadiens_4/

Who knows...Maybe he is there....I thought Gainey stated that he won't be dressing against the Leafs though.

Here is the TSN thingy:

Josh Gorges will not travel to Montreal on time Monday for the Canadiens' home game against the Toronto Maple Leafs and will join the team in New York Tuesday for the game against the Rangers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Habs will win hands down.

kovalec will come back tonight and score a couple of goals and everybody will forgive for his *cough*elbow injury.

hope we'll see more of kostitsyn, he played a good game against nashville and such a game would be a great way to test his caracter.

i just saw the ticker on the score and it said that both Sammy and Koivu will not be playing in tonights game :(

TSN says they have the flu.

This better not be a cover for a trade. We lost one of the habs's most passionate players (even though the return was great) in Rivet. We better not be loosing Koivu too. :angry: