Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 03/08/07

Spider-Man NL

montreal200.gifvrssign.gifatlanta200.gif

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

montreal50.gif33-29-6 : 72 Points (10th in the Eastern Conference)

atlanta50.gif35-23-10 : 80 Points (3rd in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Montreal

41Halak.jpg# 41 Jaroslav Halak (3-3-0), 3.15 GAA, .891 Save%

Atlanta

2893.gif# 32 Kari Lehtonen (29-19-8), 2.83 GAA, .910 Save%

Canadiens Roster
Link

Thrashers Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse

d.jpg

Souray - Streit
Markov - Komisarek
Dandenault - Bouillon

G.jpg
Jaroslav Halak

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 18th, 2006:atlanta50.gif1 montreal50.gif3

Jan. 9th, 2007:atlanta50.gif2 montreal50.gif4

Jan. 18th, 2007:montreal50.gif4 atlanta50.gif1

10007205bs.jpg

84LatsATL.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

The Latest on the Canadiens

Defenceman Francois Bouillon had been a healthy scratch Saturday but will return to the Canadiens lineup Thursday against the Thrashers. Newly acquired Josh Gorges, Janne Niinimaa and Garth Murray will be the scratches. - TSN

nhl_canadiens_smllogo_46338.gif

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/03/playo...ke_at_least_90/

Playoffs will take at least 90 points: Souray

By Dave Stubbs

Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray told The Gazette's Herb Zurkowsky today following the team's practice that it will take a minimum 90 points to qualify for the Eastern Conference playoffs.

With the 10th-place Canadiens sitting at 72 points, that means they would have to win nine of their remaining 14 games, Souray figures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's not like we have to win 13 out of 14. We're right there," he said. "We just have to win our share."

Coincidentally, with 14 games remaining last season, the Canadiens went on an eight-game winning streak, solidifying their spot in the post-season.

Defenceman Francis Bouillon will return to the lineup Thursday night, at Atlanta, after being a healthy scratch last Saturday, at Boston. Montreal hasn't played since the weekend.

"It's never fun to be scratched," he said. "Four years ago (when it last happened) was different. I was young. But last week was tougher and hurt me more.

"I know my game hasn't been the best and it was tough to take (being scratched). I guess it was a kind of punishment. I've got to get my game back to where it was."

Coach Guy Carbonneau said rookie Jaroslav Halak is scheduled to start in net against the Thrashers. Halak was strong in the 3-1 loss to the Bruins, stopping 33 shots.

"He has been solid since he has been here and gives us a chance to win," Carbonneau said. "He seems to be more and more comfortable."

Souray44.jpg

what kind of weight?

muscles or hitting the poutine?

this is hockey, not football, so muscles..

...but speaking of poutine, now I'm hungry...

3-0-0 vs. Atl this year.

8 of 8 pts ?

When was the last time we had a 1.000 pct against anyone ?

BTW... thanks Matt. You'ze a wizard. :clap:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

The Latest on the Canadiens

Defenceman Francois Bouillon had been a healthy scratch Saturday but will return to the Canadiens lineup Thursday against the Thrashers. Newly acquired Josh Gorges, Janne Niinimaa and Garth Murray will be the scratches. - TSN

nhl_canadiens_smllogo_46338.gif

francois ?? can't they actually check how the guy's name is spelled ??

when will dandenault get press box duties?? the way he plays' he deserves it !!!

Edited by marky_and_komi

We need at least a point tommorownight, then we need to win in st louis. thrashers are playing well our d gonna need to be up to the challenge. no words to explain how huge these next few games are

Go Habs!

We have to win this. It won't really send a 'message' to any team but the only team that matters: us.

Confidence, beating a team ahead of you, this is exactly what we need.

The danger being that we have beat a somewhat different Atl team three times, and might look lost if they take a lead. Bizzarely I have confidence in Les Boys. Must be the pre-St. Pats excitement.

Mmm, poutine...JLP, any poutine here in Tokyo?

francois ?? can't they actually check how the guy's name is spelled ??

The Don Cherry Quebecois spelling guide in heavy use at TSN, apparently.

Edited by tokyohabs

Game #1 of our 14 game winning streak starts tonight! :D

C'mon boys! Score first, stay out of the box, and keep your feet moving!

Edited by lazy26

Ok, all this talk about Poutine has left me craving cheese curds, soggy fries and groovy gravy...

I've decided to lay it all on the line and pray to the Ancient Greek Gods to help our Habs make the playoffs. In return for their help and as a true habs fan I am offering...:

IF THE HABS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, I'M PLEDGING TO MAKE POUTINE AND STEAMIES FOR EVERY HABS FAN IN GREECE WHO PARTICIPATES ON HABSWORLD!!!

THIS WILL START DURING GAME #1 OF THE PLAYOFFS AND VOW TO CONTINUE FOR EVERY HOME GAME THE HABS PLAY THOUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Let's all hope I get to put my foot in my mouth now...

:hlogo: GO HABS GO!!!! :hlogo:

P.S. BYOB

Edited by Helmethead

Maybe the Habs need to stop eating so much poutine and get the lead out of their @$$3$.

CMON...Toronto is ahead of us now...Its painful...

Did Toronto go on a massive skid when their number one goal scorer was injured? No...They Battled

Is their main goalie playing like Abby is right now? Yes.....

How are they doing it? HEART...and thats all it takes.

I remember last year either Gainey or Julien took the team out to the movies and went out to dinner together, and they really played like a team. Maybe they should do more social things outside the rink... As of now, they are NOT playing like a team. The only reason I think the Habs will win be victorious is because they have had ATL's number all season...which is kind of confusing ;)

GO :hlogo: GO

Carbo didn't really tell Gorges to gain weight did he? I don't care what he weighs, in case he forgot, he weighs more then Streit, Bouillon hasn't hit anyone all year, the rest can't win a 1 on 1 battle to save his life. I thought Gorges played well in his games he played.

As for Souray saying they need 90, he is wrong, they will have to win 12 or 13 more to get in. They are playing teams with games in hand.

Amen brother! I think Dandy's play has deteriorated a lot this season. In fact, right now, Streit plays a better game and is clearly more valuable to the Habs present and future than Dandenault is. Streit plays a better forward than Dandenault, and is a smart defenceman. Sure, he is not very big, but neither is Dandenault. I've seen several times this season and last where Mathieu has been outmuscled by an opponent in his own zone, and he's put himself in a position to use his stick to foul him and be penalized. Streit is much smarter positionally, with an without the puck. When you add the high value that Streit adds to the PP, versus the low value Dandenault adds to the PK, Streit is the clearly the better player.

when will dandenault get press box duties?? the way he plays' he deserves it !!!

Great work on the gamethread Spidey :) Like alwayyys.

-->I'll repeat what everyone has said :P "This is a must win game!!!"

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Watchoutt, shutout for Halakkk :D