Would you take Yashin?

Makh2o

-If for some dumb reason we keep Sammy, It might be really interesting to have an entire line of elite players that are considered problem childs.

I say it might be a good thing if Carbo can handle them, and of course Yashin would have to be 1 year 1 to 1.5 million. It could be a scary friggin line.

I never really followed Yashins career but when ever I caught a game and he was playing I always thought he was a dangerous player.

Is he a leader in anyway? Could he inspire Sammy and Kovalev. Wait a minute..........No-one can inspire that selfish HOG(KOVALEV).

It would be a very risky move and I don't know if we can afford it. It COULD be really great like a russian version of Spezza Heatley and Alfredson or crash and burn down our entire dressing room. WOW! Something in me would like to see it though. If it was great of course.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

related to NY Islanders ( sorry too lazy to make another post) someone can tell me why we traded Pierre Turgeon to the Iles? was he a problem in the locker room or was it one of those bonehead moves that the habs were famous for back then?

related to NY Islanders ( sorry too lazy to make another post) someone can tell me why we traded Pierre Turgeon to the Iles? was he a problem in the locker room or was it one of those bonehead moves that the habs were famous for back then?

it's the other way around

we sent muller and schneider to the isles for turgeon and malakhov

it's the other way around

we sent muller and schneider to the isles for turgeon and malakhov

true my bad so why did he stay for one year... and we traded him to st louis for Carson? thats it?

If we can get him for a cheap one-year contract, I would consider it, as he could help turn our checking third line into a scoring third line:

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Lahti-Yashin-Kovalev

Begin-Lapierre-Whoever

true my bad so why did he stay for one year... and we traded him to st louis for Carson? thats it?

Pierre Turgeon had 38 goals and 96 points for us one year and 85 points the next. He was then dealt, along with 'thrown in' CRAIG CONROY (!!) and Rory Fitzpatrick for the dynamic duo of Shane Corson and Murray Baron. (Baron hated Montreal - rightly, given the dummies in charge then, but I forget who we traded him for).

One of Reggie Houle's innumerable Dumbass Trades.

Even worse was the rationale offered for the deal. Turgeon - a 96-point scorer - was being used as our third-line C (!) behind Koivu and Damphousse. He argued, quite rightly, that he was a top-line guy. Mario 'Calice, Je Suis Un Maudit Face de Chien' Tremblay, our benighted coach in those misbegotten days, refused the simple expediency of putting Damphousse - a NATURAL LEFT-WING - back at LW and letting Turgeon and Koivu fight it out for #1 C spot. No, Mario, who had already driven Roy out of town, insisted that Damphousse *HAD* to play C and that therefore Turgeon *HAD* to be a third-liner. Therefore, Turgeon quite sensibly demanded a trade, and Houle explained that we *HAD* to trade him. And Craig Conroy. For Corson and Baron.

A few weeks later, Koivu blew out his knee - an injury from which he has never recovered - and suddenly the Habs went from having three elite C to one (who was actually a LW).

Now THAT'S asset management. :puke:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Not what the canadiens need at the moment. so through incredible amount of research and analysis i conclude.... that Habs (equal sign with cross in it) Yashin :P

As a last resort, maybe, but he shouldn't be one of our main targets.

Yup. Take a chance. One year. One million.

Let him prove he wants a " next contract ".

If he blows, cut him.

Let's not forget that unless SS earns his worth next year, our cap will be minus 3.5 mil going into 08-09.

Does any of this sound familiar? Like J.P. Dumont? BOb said in the end of season PC that none of the media diligently write about the players Montreal turns away as much as they diligently report about the ones who say, "no way Habs".

Gandler, Yashin's agent has faxed the Senator's. Who else did he fax?

This does stink of garbage. Worry not my fellow Habs fans. BOb knows. BOb knows :hlogo:

Thanks Marky Komi btw

As easy as this: Yashin provides all what the Habs are looking for... Low salary, Size, Centre position, Talent, and probably a short term contract.

what we dont want him to bring is negative attitude and that his good relationship with Kovy and Markov is just that!! GreaT relationship..

but unlike most Elk or rumor threads say I think there are plenty of teams that will offer him a one year 1-2 mil contract.. which will mean he will not cost that little.

Pierre Turgeon had 38 goals and 96 points for us one year and 85 points the next. He was then dealt, along with 'thrown in' CRAIG CONROY (!!) and Rory Fitzpatrick for the dynamic duo of Shane Corson and Murray Baron. (Baron hated Montreal - rightly, given the dummies in charge then, but I forget who we traded him for).

One of Reggie Houle's innumerable Dumbass Trades.

Even worse was the rationale offered for the deal. Turgeon - a 96-point scorer - was being used as our third-line C (!) behind Koivu and Damphousse. He argued, quite rightly, that he was a top-line guy. Mario 'Calice, Je Suis Un Maudit Face de Chien' Tremblay, our benighted coach in those misbegotten days, refused the simple expediency of putting Damphousse - a NATURAL LEFT-WING - back at LW and letting Turgeon and Koivu fight it out for #1 C spot. No, Mario, who had already driven Roy out of town, insisted that Damphousse *HAD* to play C and that therefore Turgeon *HAD* to be a third-liner. Therefore, Turgeon quite sensibly demanded a trade, and Houle explained that we *HAD* to trade him. And Craig Conroy. For Corson and Baron.

A few weeks later, Koivu blew out his knee - an injury from which he has never recovered - and suddenly the Habs went from having three elite C to one (who was actually a LW).

Now THAT'S asset management. :puke:

I believe Turgeon's contract was gonna expire at the end of that year as well, but ditto for Corson.

I think Houle was going ga-ga thinking that Corson was going to be some kind of ferocious power forward, the kind Montreal's been dreaming about for years. Corson was not entirely useless (he did have that one great year in 97'98, I think), but he was not comparable to Turgeon and by the time he left Montreal he was washed up and a has been.

For a super low amaount and a one year deal I would no be upset if he signed with the Canadiens. An all Russian line would be interesting to see although I doubt Kovalev and Samsonov stay if Yahsin comes in.

For a super low amaount and a one year deal I would no be upset if he signed with the Canadiens. An all Russian line would be interesting to see although I doubt Kovalev and Samsonov stay if Yahsin comes in.

interesting you think that way... you think because of cap space? Kovy will ask to leave if Yashin arrives??...or do you think we prefer to limit ourselves to one problematic player at a time... in the last case then it wouldnt be worth it unless we dump salary by taking up Yashin at 2mil

no, no more russian pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase!

Who cares about nationality ... you are sounding like all the dunderheads in Quebec who want Quebec players only. How about, passionate players only!!!! No more slackers who navel gaze!

Who cares about nationality ... you are sounding like all the dunderheads in Quebec who want Quebec players only. How about, passionate players only!!!! No more slackers who navel gaze!

well they aren't worth a darn half of them anyway. They're all pre-madonnas then you could say the same about any nationality. But please lord Kovalev is enough of an over paid over the hill Russian.

They're all old and washed up. Plus they're pre-madonnas. That's the last thing this team needs.

I really liked Kovalev until Samsonov came. Its like he dragged kovy with him. Now when were hopefully arent getting samsonov back are we going to get another one to drag Kovy down? No way. Didnt Kovy start to play better when Samsonov was taken out of the lineup? Get Kovalev hard working players. Thats the trick I believe. Id rather go with Koivu - Plekanec as our top centres rather than getting Yashin but it would be nice to have Pleks as a 3rd center who can take the role as 2nd in case of injury but no Yashin pls.

What is the Obsession in thinking Pleks has to be a #3 center. he isn't big or tough enough to be a shut down center. Lets be honest, he was arguably the habs best all around player last year. He played awfull with Kovalev, but who doesn't. Once he moved away from him he was the best center they had.

He also centered the best line down the stretch, he and his linemates Kosty and Higgins were the only ones who showed up in crunch time.

So please stop he is only a third line center. If all the other high priced garbage played like him they wouldn't be struggling for an 8 spot.