Thank you Shelly Thread

Nilan

Sorry to see him go. Carried this team's ass last year - went thru tough times personally - battled injuries - ALWAYS stood up for his teammates. Not saying I'd want to pay him what the Oil likely are, but he was a good guy who represented the CH very well. As fans, I think he deserves our respect. He earned it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks shelly for the years given with my favourite.

thanks for going to my 2nd favourite team...you'll be "the guy" there !!

bonne chance !! :clap:

If Shelly had to leave, I'm glad he went to EDM, which is my second favourite team as well. I'm also glad we'll only see his howitzer once every 3 years.

Thanks Shelly, for your leadership, your protection of our players and your PP goals. Best of luck in EDM, and I hope this'll resolves your family issues.

Sheldon, I'l never forget your goal against the Leafs. The one where the puck came back to you on the face-off, you stepped up and let a rocket go. It made a beautiful sound when it went off the post and dropped in the net. Meanwhile, Raycroft thought the face-off had not occured yet.

Sheldon, I'l never forget your goal against the Leafs. The one where the puck came back to you on the face-off, you stepped up and let a rocket go. It made a beautiful sound when it went off the post and dropped in the net. Meanwhile, Raycroft thought the face-off had not occured yet.

How about the shootout goal against Raycroft? Man, that was beautiful.

Wow, sad to see Sheldon go, but I guess he did not want to play here, if he really turned down $22 over 4. At least he is gone to the other conference. Doesn't look like he had much choice, as not many teams had the cap room to sign him. Betcha he's kickin himself he didn't resign with the Habs now.

Good thing Huet won't need to eat any of his slap shot in the year 07's & 08's :lol:

He'll be missed for sure, such a great leader he was for this team! He has my respect !! Wish him all the best with the Oils~

Wow, sad to see Sheldon go, but I guess he did not want to play here, if he really turned down $22 over 4. At least he is gone to the other conference. Doesn't look like he had much choice, as not many teams had the cap room to sign him. Betcha he's kickin himself he didn't resign with the Habs now.

For sure!!!! All the best to him, and I do thank him for all he brought to the Habs over the years. Yet I still have developed a dislike for him because he screwed a bunch of people over with misleading statements. BG, Montreal fans... teammates....etc....Boy, they are developing a bad wrap over in Edmonton...

See YA!!!!

I like to thank Sheldon for the lies he told all season long....you know the ones I'm talking about "I love playing in Montreal" " I want to retire a Montreal Canadien" "I want to resign with the Canadiens" etc, etc......thanks for getting my hopes up Sheldon...you sure are a piece of work.

Edited by Spider-Man NL

I like to thank Sheldon for the lies he told all season long....you know the ones I'm talking about "I love playing in Montreal" " I want to retire a Montreal Canadien" "I want to resign with the Canadiens" etc, etc......thanks for getting my hopes up Sheldon...you sure are a piece of work.

Exactly, "unfinished business" my ass.

Edited by brboo

He took a $100K paycut from our offer??

What a knob! :lol:

Duhhhh

ALBERTA PEOPLE that place has no TAXES!!! plus NTC for 3 years and 5 YEARS!!!

I will definitely miss Souray, especially on the PP. He was exciting to watch.. I loved it when he was winding up and everyone took cover... :)

As for his deal, I suspect when he turned down the Habs offer he was hoping for a bigger offer from someone else (agents you know). Once he realized that he wasn't getting any more, the Habs offer was gone. If it was still on the table, he might very well have come back to the habs. In any case, I don't hold any gripes against him. FA is the time they have to take a chance on the big money. Its his career after all. If someone offered me a better deal right now, I would be packing too. ;)

I couldn't agree more. If he wanted to leave fine, but then don't feed all that crap.

Class A Asshole

Yep. Atleast it should shut up the people who say he "took the money and ran" - we offered the most money and he turned us down very quickly.

Yep. Atleast it should shut up the people who say he "took the money and ran" - we offered the most money and he turned us down very quickly.

he got that 5th year, which is quite significant.

he got that 5th year, which is quite significant.

I doubt we would have rejected our 4-year deal instantly if all he wanted was an additional year added to that contract, even if he were willing to take a bit less money. If he wanted to stay here, he could have and he could have done it at a price he'd be happy with.

I couldn't agree more. If he wanted to leave fine, but then don't feed all that crap.

Class A Asshole

what did you want him to say, "I hate it here and want to leave"?. he's more than half a country closer to his daughter, bringing home way more money on a post tax basis, got an extra year, AND IS MOVING HOME. saying he wants to stay does not mean he had to take a crappier deal to stay.

you guys have absolutely no clue what happened in negotiations (think maybe, just maybe, Bob was an a**hole?). in any event, he played and acted like a man.

Class A Asshole

what did you want him to say, "I hate it here and want to leave"?. he's more than half a country closer to his daughter, bringing home way more money on a post tax basis, got an extra year, AND IS MOVING HOME. saying he wants to stay does not mean he had to take a crappier deal to stay.

you guys have absolutely no clue what happened in negotiations (think maybe, just maybe, Bob was an a**hole?). in any event, he played and acted like a man.

Souray is the one who went over the top with comments about his desire to be here. He did not simply say he liked playing here etc...He said things that were way more than that. I don't blame him for moving on, that is his choice but don't tell me you love me just so you can have sex with me then move on!