Kovalev appreciation thread

Dalhabs

The one habs with moves that make the highlight reel. Injury and friction with the coach put him off of his game last year. I have no doubts that if Kovy is healthy, and if Carbonneau just lets him play his game, he'll score 30+ this year.

Kovy will never change. Get over it.

Having said that, that elbow might be my single favourite play from the Habs' last three seasons. I reiterate that Kovy was a point-per-game player for us in 2005-06, and if he can recover that form I will be more than happy. I think he'd love to do it...the question is whether his body is damaged goods at this stage.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

My biggest worry is that the vertigo was actually his wonky knee. You always have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Once again, the off season has provided him with rehab. Not playing in the World Championships has allowed him more time off as well. I have no doubt that his ego is hurt. Not just by Montreal but also being shunned by his country. Kovalev should want to get back into that form. Let's hope he is itching right now to make his critics take a flying leap. There's many reasons to believe that he has the tools and the reasons to make an impact this year

My biggest worry is that the vertigo was actually his wonky knee. You always have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Once again, the off season has provided him with rehab. Not playing in the World Championships has allowed him more time off as well. I have no doubt that his ego is hurt. Not just by Montreal but also being shunned by his country. Kovalev should want to get back into that form. Let's hope he is itching right now to make his critics take a flying leap. There's many reasons to believe that he has the tools and the reasons to make an impact this year

Less of a wonky knee...more of him taking himself out of the roster cuz he was pissed. NOT a classy move at all. That said...this is hockey, if he produces consistantly next season, I will cheer him. If he acts like a primadonna, then he can go to hell.

Ive been a diehard fan of Kovalev since this incident. If he would just work hard every game I would like him as much as Koivu.

Alex KOOvaLEEEEEEEEEV!!!

What I love most about this video was watching tucker miss with the elbow. and as soon as kovalev got the puck he started looking for tucker to run him over. Thats the intensity we need from Kovalev every minute of every game. If we get that all the tuckers in the league will think twice about hitting him dirty again. How many guys have the talent to pick up the puck and look for the guy that just took a cheap shot at them to return the favor. Bravo Kovy thats what I like to see. :clap:

Kovalev can be one of the most exciting players in the NHL. Maybe he will be motivated to produce this year. I am hoping the Russia team spurning him will show him that he is running out of 2nd chances. If he plays like he can we will have no trouble making the playoffs

COME ON KOVY

Put Kovy on Saku's right side all year

ABSOLUTELY! Utilize Kovalev. Koivu WILL get him going! Numerous Habs fans I know have said this and I agree. Roll the bones Carbo!

They should play with Ryder. Both Koivu and Kovalev can score and both are excellent at dishing it off to Ryder for the lethal shot. The second line should be Kostitsyn, Higgins and Plekanec again

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Ok, one more time, Kovy and Ryder are both RW's. They did play together 2 years ago and it was a miserable failure. Stop trying to find people for Kovy to play with, he needs to give his head a shake and start earning his money.

An appreciaition thread for a guy with 16 or 18 goals and a minus 18 or something? Cmon, for that price he should be putting up 30.

How about and Dandy appreciation thread.

ABSOLUTELY! Utilize Kovalev. Koivu WILL get him going! Numerous Habs fans I know have said this and I agree. Roll the bones Carbo!

They should play with Ryder. Both Koivu and Kovalev can score and both are excellent at dishing it off to Ryder for the lethal shot. The second line should be Kostitsyn, Higgins and Plekanec again

Carbo's apparent reluctance to play these two together IS a bit puzzling. And of course it leads to all sorts of speculation, e.g., they hate each other, etc.. But Koivu is one of two Habs - Markov is the other - who makes people playing with him better. If Saks can't do it, no one can. And of course Carbo has to learn that his F**KING JOB is to get the most oout of ALL his players, especially his talented ones. (C.f. Samsonov). So hear hear, do it Guy!

Ryder, meh, put him anywhere :lol:

Incidentally, these 'Appreciation Threads' should really be seen as an invitation to discuss the pros and cons of a player - that's what they invariably become. So sure, why not have one on Kovy.

If Kovalev tries to play well, brings his point totals up and does the Tucker Elboe in the Face dance again, I will be happy. Go :hlogo:

I think for some of us it is "What will you do for us now" more than what he has not done since the big contract signing.

Everything is lined up for him to have a stellar season.

He's got all the motivational tools needed since he has so much to prove to so many people. If that can't fire a spark in him then brace yourselves for a potentially skirmish from the Habs. If they get into the playoffs, it won't be pretty.

I think it's time I explain why I was miffed earlier. Why put Ryder with Koivu and Kovalev? I mean, it's been tried, right? It's been done already.

I bet the ancestors of Caleb Bradham, the young pharmacist and founder of "Pepsi-Cola" are glad that he didn't listen to people say, "It's been done - with Coca Cola"

McDonald's - it's been done. Burger King is doomed to failure.

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev - it's BEEN DONE!

I think it's time I explain why I was miffed earlier. Why put Ryder with Koivu and Kovalev? I mean, it's been tried, right? It's been done already.

I bet the ancestors of Caleb Bradham, the young pharmacist and founder of "Pepsi-Cola" are glad that he didn't listen to people say, "It's been done - with Coca Cola"

McDonald's - it's been done. Burger King is doomed to failure.

Ryder-Koivu-Kovalev - it's BEEN DONE!

Really

This year Kovalev will be either a god or a goat, Montreal fans are bi-polar :P . Good luck Alex, hell of a place to play when you're playing well!!!

We may see Kovy with Koivu and Ryder, sure one will play on his off-wing, no biggie, there will be a fair bit of line-shuffling early this season I'd think.

McDonalds :puke:

This year Kovalev will be either a god or a goat, Montreal fans are bi-polar :P . Good luck Alex, hell of a place to play when you're playing well!!!

We may see Kovy with Koivu and Ryder, sure one will play on his off-wing, no biggie, there will be a fair bit of line-shuffling early this season I'd think.

yet again...sadly.

Ok, one more time, Kovy and Ryder are both RW's. They did play together 2 years ago and it was a miserable failure. Stop trying to find people for Kovy to play with, he needs to give his head a shake and start earning his money.

An appreciaition thread for a guy with 16 or 18 goals and a minus 18 or something? Cmon, for that price he should be putting up 30.

How about and Dandy appreciation thread.

Im very sorry chris, I should start bash and whine about all our players like you and some others do. sorry, really sorry.

seriously Im not sorry, if u cant take an appreciation thread about some players than make yer own whining threads.