Dandenault wants out?

JMMR

Unhappy about being sit for the game tonight, he said to the medias that he will spoke to his agent and his family about his future in Montreal.

Source: CKAC.

This is a good news day I hope he asks for a trade Gainey will find nothing and then its waivers and Hamitlon where he can play every night for sure.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wont get much in return. its going to be dandy' salary for another guy's salary.

maybe can gainey address the physical aspect by trading dandenaul for a big mean foward or d

Edited by marky_and_komi

That's interesting - he was doing a pretty good job as a grinding forward for most of the season, and for him to respond with a trade demand after one game as healthy scratch suggests to me he'd much rather be a defenseman.

I'm sure some team would be interested, as he has won a Cup and provides veteran experience. But there's no room for him to be a 6th D in Montreal, and he's getting paid too much.

Wow, who does Dandy think he is?

He should be considering Plan B, retiring and opening up a restaurant while looking back at his decent career as a player. Instead he wants to be moved......and do what? where?. Ungrateful bitc$. I hope Gainey tells him I would have traded you ages ago after I gave you that stupid contract, but there are no takers........................Meat head............

I guess those eyes Demers saw Dandy give Carbo after scoring two goals were ill-will daggers. It's probably safe to say we have another Samsonov/Rivet sitch on our hands. Only this time no-one cares.

You know, I don't really care if Dandenault is upset.

I fact I don't care who you are. If your earning 1.725M

and your supposed to be one of our defensive forwards

and your sporting a -10, maybe you should sit.

I actually think its a good thing to have the veterans

and rookies in a battle for each position on our team.

You produce or sit, its as easy as that.

But, Dandenault will not be moved until we get either

O'Byrne or Brisebois back. And, O'Byrne when he returns

will probably need a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL.

Quite frankly, I don't think Dandy should be sitting.

He hasn't asked for a trade yet, so don't read too much into this. He wants to know if he's still got a role on this team first, so this just means Gainey has to be honest with him about his situation.

It's worth asking whether it was fair to sit him out. He's done a great job thus far. However, he's an expensive close-to-the-bubble player EITHER as defenceman or forward, and a veteran with that profile should be offering an example of leadership, not bitching publicly. So long, Dandy. Good luck cracking other lineups.

You know, I don't really care if Dandenault is upset.

I fact I don't care who you are. If your earning 1.725M

and your supposed to be one of our defensive forwards

and your sporting a -10, maybe you should sit.

The 1.725m and "defensive forward" weren't ever supposed to be part of the package when he was signed, so I think that's a bit irrelevant. He was signed as an experienced defenseman. Quite frankly, he's been on the way out since last year, we just found a different use for him for a little while.

Fact is, he hasn't distinguished himself as a checking forward, though quite a few players haven't, either.

He's a reliable guy who can fill in anywhere the team needs him. With that said, however, he lost his spot as a defenseman at the beginning of the season, and with a plehtora of forwards competing for positions on our bottom two lines, and guys like Chipchura and Ferland playing in the AHL, Dandenault's roster spot at the forward position is slipping from his grip.

There are certainly teams out there who aren't fortunate to have the amount of depth Montreal has when it comes to reliable third and forth liners - so there would certainly be some options on the trade front. Dandenault's salary on the other hand, makes him a bit harder to sell.

I suppose, if Mathieu really did go to the media with his thoughts and/or intentions, then he's decided it'd be best for him to find work elsewhere than to work hard for work here.

The 1.725m and "defensive forward" weren't ever supposed to be part of the package when he was signed, so I think that's a bit irrelevant. He was signed as an experienced defenseman. Quite frankly, he's been on the way out since last year, we just found a different use for him for a little while.

Fact is, he hasn't distinguished himself as a checking forward, though quite a few players haven't, either.

Good point, he was signed as a dman and at the time it was a great deal,

considering what dmen go for.

I kind like having a forward/dman playing forward should one of dmen get

injuried or thrown out of a game. Streit makes him redundant.

Dandy never said he wanted out! here are his words.

Pas habitué à un rôle de réserviste, Dandenault n'a pas l'intention de cogner à la porte de son directeur général, Bob Gainey. Du moins, pour l'instant.

« Je vais d'abord en parler à ma famille et à mon agent et après on verra, admet Dandenault. C'est certain que si j'étais plus jeune, je perdrais confiance.

It says that Dandy will not ask for a trade from Bob Gainey. It says that he will speak to his family and his agent and then he will make a decision. He also goes on to say that if he were a younger player, his confidence would surely have taken a hit. (This is an obvious arrow in the direction of Carbo)

Y'all need to calm down there.

This is the second time in two weeks that Dandy has been benched...I can understand his frustration. I wonder why Carbo doesn't bench Saku? He's sucked just as much as Dandy over the past month. Maybe it would wake him up?

This is the second time in 2 years that Carbo has managed to piss off a veteran player onthis team. Last year it was Rivet, and Now it's Dandy...i wonder if there's anything more to this story than meets the eye?

Edited by sakiqc

Yes, Dandy is overpayed for his role. But he's been one of if not our best checking forward through most of the season. I don't really think he deserved to be benched, but him talking to the media like this isn't a good move either. Jeez, it's one game and you're not exactly high on the list of trade bait. Actually there may be contending teams that would like a versatile veteran who has Stanley Cup experience. Anyways I like how he's been playing most of the year, but he should take a benching with more patience.

Dandy never said he wanted out! here are his words.

It says that Dandy will not ask for a trade from Bob Gainey. It says that he will speak to his family and his agent and then he will make a decision. He also goes on to say that if he were a younger player, his confidence would surely have taken a hit. (This is an obvious arrow in the direction of Carbo)

Y'all need to calm down there.

This is the second time in two weeks that Dandy has been benched...I can understand his frustration. I wonder why Carbo doesn't bench Saku? He's sucked just as much as Dandy over the past month. Maybe it would wake him up?

This is the second time in 2 years that Carbo has managed to piss off a veteran player onthis team. Last year it was Rivet, and Now it's Dandy...i wonder if there's anything more to this story than meets the eye?

Difference being that Rivet was a top 4 D-Man on the team and was benched to send a message. It backfired.

Dandenault is a depth forward and D-Man and is not head and shoulders above, Kostopolous, Begin or Smolinski.

They are going to allow Latendresse, S. Kostitsyn and Lapierre work through their mistakes, but a veteran like Dandenault

is a dime a dozen on this team. He needs to get a reality check and realize what his role on this team is.

This'll all be a moot point if Begin is injured again.

Too bad if he is, cause there is nothing like a blow out game to shut up a whining player being sat out.

I'd rather Dandy take the hint and play harder instead of have his spot handed back to him with Begin out again.

Looks like this thread jinxed Begin...went to the dressing room right after that hit in the third period.

By the way, Dandenault is probably the hardest working guy out there night in night out for all the grinders on this team...It will suck to see him go because hes so versatile like Streit, but his age is catching up with him and its time to make the transition to have youth running lines 3 and 4. I like Begin, but even HE is a waste of salary. I have pretty much forgotten about him being on this team because he seems to be as injury prone as Carlo Coliacovo. To be honest i'd like to see both of them out next season and have the youth take over for the grinding role.