Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

Man, I've almost got tears in my eyes. To finally beat those smug sons of bitches! To make them blow a lead!! In their building!!!

Ladies and gents, this is the year we've finally returned to being a good team. Resilient, bouncing back from bad efforts, making big plays at the right time...outstanding young talent...Kovalev hitting another gear...and all without Saks at his best or Ryder.

WE. ARE. GOOD.

And holy Christ it's been so long.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game, what a win :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent display of characther they did in the 3rd. They could had just gave up and died, but they fought for the victory. What a difference compared to years past!

- Souray

+ Hamrlik

?

LOL, not likely.. tonight it looked more like plus smo, as painfully as that is...

It think the real difference is they rallied as a team where as last year the team was very fractured...

Man, I've almost got tears in my eyes. To finally beat those smug sons of bitches! To make them blow a lead!! In their building!!!

Ladies and gents, this is the year we've finally returned to being a good team. Resilient, bouncing back from bad efforts, making big plays at the right time...outstanding young talent...Kovalev hitting another gear...and all without Saks at his best or Ryder.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I said I would believe if they pulled it off tonight.

I BELIEVE!!

Kostitsyn plural, Plekanec (our most consistent player), Komi the Monster, Carbo maturing, team ethic as displayed by KOVALEV!!!!

Agreed. If Higgins/Koivu/Ryder were all playing well, we'd be a serious cup contender.

Kostitsyn plural, Plekanec (our most consistent player), Komi the Monster, Carbo maturing, team ethic as displayed by KOVALEV!!!!

Yeah.. all that too...

I still think the main reason is these guys want to play with each other. Did you see the way they went to Huet after? They are coming together and sticking up for each other.

Maybe they are becoming a team with some pride? That would be nice considering the shirts they wear.

The boys keeps saying that after a loss they know they've got to bounce back because they want to avoid a slump like last year. They've only lost 2 in a row once this season and since that long road trip in late December the team has been playing solid hockey most of the time.

Credit should be given to the vets and the coaching staff. Not easy keeping a young bunch focused yet relaxed.

I'm dying to see a replay of that open-ice hit by Komi on Gionta.

He steamrolled him like an asteroid impact in armaggeddon :hlogo:

Can't wait to see the cover page of the gazette and journal de montreal tomorrow morning! :lol:

The Habs record now sits at:

26 Wins 15 Losses 8 OT for 60 points

So that's 3 games over the real .500 mark. I'm always looking at the "real .500", and not the points percentage stat everyone looks at (we're 11 over .500!). I want us to keep pushing further ahead and a great goal would be to be 10 games over by season's end. It's lofty, but it would reflect a desire to really improve down the stretch.

"Persistence pays off"

to steal a quote from the great Danny Gallivan.

20-3 in the 3rd period, talk about wanting it more. I think this team is just like us and they are

beginning to believe. And when teams buy into a system good things usually follow.

Great way to go into the All-Star break.

The 2nd line as a whole has been a consistent offensive threat, something we lacked last season. It frees up the other lines from tight checking. Which gives us depth scoring we didn't have last year.

The D has tighten up a lot in recent weeks. Lot less long shifts spent running around in the D zone. Bouillon and Gorges stepped up too compared to earlier this season.

The PP is as good as last year. Best in the league thanks alot to Kovy and Markov.

The big thing in the last couple games for me was the 3rd line stepping up. With the Koivu line falling short of expectations we have been so reliant on Pleks line. Our scoring is being spread around. Reminds me of Ottawa with Hossa. Good feeling. Now if only Saku lights fire with Higgins and Ryder we can get it done. Look out Sens, we are coming. I predict we pass them before their guns come back.

The Habs record now sits at:

26 Wins 15 Losses 8 OT for 60 points

2nd best record in the East, just 6 pts behind Ottawa... Far far away from the 13th place Hockey News predicted...

We're a buyer at the deadline?

Plenty of spareable kids to give: Locke, Milroy, Danis, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Halak or Price, etc.

Edited by KoZed

2nd best record in the East, just 6 pts behind Ottawa... Far far away from the 13th place Hockey News predicted...

Plenty of spareable kids to give: Locke, Milroy, Danis, D'Agostini, Chipchura, Halak or Price, etc.

Other than Ryder, there's no one we could really upgrade. I could just see Gainey going out and getting a hardworking, penalty killing C, who's good at faceoffs. Just a fourthliner for depth purposes and to cover a couple of our weaknesses.

You put Price in that list????

wow...