Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little while? If only that were the case; Koivu has slumps that tend to last two months at a time.

Worse then that, his BEST would not make him an elite centre in this league, just a good one... (first centre I mean).

I swear, some people love certain players move then they love the team. Koivu is a great person, a fine hockey player, and an inspiration. That doesn't mean he has to have a lock on our 1st line for his entire career. He is not playing well this year and he maybe on the decline. The either have to move him, or move him down the depth chart.

I want a winning team, not a Koivu love fest.

And.. WOOT.. way to go Slo Smo...

And if he doesn't?

Why does everybody react to criticism as "jumping off the bandwagon" or "hater"?

Koivu has sucked all year. A little while? Come on. The guy has not been the same and unfortunately

for the Habs if he matched his previous level they would probably be in 1st place in the division.

Kozed has enough respect on this board that I would never question his dedication to the Canadiens.

If 6,000 posts is a guy who jumped on the bandwagon he must have made the majority in the last 6 months

because the Habs have stunk for a long time.

I love how Koivu was the reason that Higgins and Ryder produced in the last 2 years and now it is his linemates.

Koivu is the best player the habs have had for easily 7-8 years now. He probably the main reason the habs made the playoffs during those long years. They guy has a rough time and people immediatly say he sucks and then insult what he has done for this franchise? I don't care if someone has 10000 posts on some damn board open your eyes.

Koivu has always been pass first, now that Ryder has crapped the bed and Higgins isn't carrying his weight things aren't going well. The first line needs a change and the problem sure as hell isn't Koivu. Koivu is the reason Ryder has done anything these last two years, the guy is so one dimensional you'd swear he needed to have headphones on with a track telling him to breathe aswell as shoot.

Koivu is the best player the habs have had for easily 7-8 years now. He probably the main reason the habs made the playoffs during those long years. They guy has a rough time and people immediatly say he sucks and then insult what he has done for this franchise? I don't care if someone has 10000 posts on some damn board open your eyes.

Koivu has always been pass first, now that Ryder has crapped the bed and Higgins isn't carrying his weight things aren't going well. The first line needs a change and the problem sure as hell isn't Koivu. Koivu is the reason Ryder has done anything these last two years, the guy is so one dimensional you'd swear he needed to have headphones on with a track telling him to breathe aswell as shoot.

Sorry, but no one is saying Koivu always sucked, but he is sucking now...

Watch the games, his passing has not been good at all this year. He is weak on his skates (lack of leg strength?), and he have never had a great shot.

Stop blaming ryder and Higgins for his woes... he is the captain.. he needs to play better.

Well, two soft calls and we get screwed..

Notice how they setup.. Huet is perfectly screened and the guy in the shot puts a perfect shot inside the post..

sigh.. at least we are not getting blown out...

The 3rd goal was a result of not winning the draw..............something we seem to be bad at at the worst times.

Yeah, we don't have anyone you can count on for the draw anymore.. although Koivu is the best on the team.

And yet he still tends to always lead the team in points go figure. :lol:

Actually, he led last year. Ribs beat him out one year for it. This year he is not even close... Worse, his point totals have never been something to write home about for a number 1 centre..

What is your point?

A 2-goal deficit is not insurmountable...

I BELIEVE

GO HABS GO

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Well, given that this is NJ.. pass the coolaid..

Well not a good night sens win and the habs lose.

Oh well it was expected I hate the devils, I either wish they would forfit this games or dress a big line up and run Brodeur like the Hurricanes.

Another soft call against us, and Guy needs to absolutely lose it. Fire a water bottle across the ice, toss a stick or ten out there....but he should get in the ref's face under no uncertain terms. Something to let his players know he's taking up for them.

Well not a good night sens win and the habs lose.

The game is not over yet.

Strange hockey forces are at play here.. Boston can't win against Montreal, Habs can't beat Devils, etc.

I for one believe in the power of your own action-making influencing your enviornment -- not the other way around. Habs determination can overcome this bs. Come on Higgins and Komisarek, put all that yoga and game mentality training to good use and pump up the guys in the locker room and come back storming in the third.

Edited by Cataclaw

The only way the Habs can open up the ice is to start skating. They don't have the horses to dump and chase, but their speed and legs can expse the NJ d-men. Once they start skating, good things will happen.

Strange hockey forces are at play here.. Boston can't win against Montreal, Habs can't beat Devils, etc.

I for one believe in the power of your own action-making influencing your enviornment -- not the other way around. Habs determination can overcome this bs. Come on Higgins and Komisarek, put all that yoga and game mentality training to good use and pump up the guys in the locker room and come back storming in the third.

I think it is.

I am usually an optimistic person but this game is over 2 goal deficit in New Jersey with no one who will run Brodeur through the cross bar this one is all over.

I am still going to watch but Ite it.

I appreciate your optimism, but I thought the Habs were going to win tonight, I really doubt it now.

2 wins in 14 years can do that to you.