Game Thread | Habs vs. Evil Incarnate | 07/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there it is, 3 -1 ...

Leafs working and driving the net, burying their chances..

Habs lack urgency.. waking up too late. We had all kinds of PP time with nothing to show for it. Leafs are gaining confidence with ever shift...

We can still win this, but they better be a different team in the 3rd.

I F.UCKING hate Wellwood

Why waste your hate on a shitty player like that.

The habs need to want it. They have a shot at first, they have a period to prove

that they are in a different class then the Leafs.

well that sucks... in general not a poorly played period (off the scoreboard) but they've got a bit of a hole to dig out of in the 3rd. Thankfully the Leafs like to give up late leads more than we do.

What's really bothering me is the damn CBC commentators. It really makes me sick to my stomach that a portion of my tax dollars essentially pay their salaries.

well that sucks... in general not a poorly played period (off the scoreboard) but they've got a bit of a hole to dig out of in the 3rd. Thankfully the Leafs like to give up late leads more than we do.

What's really bothering me is the damn CBC commentators. It really makes me sick to my stomach that a portion of my tax dollars essentially pay their salaries.

Yeah, they are essentially Home announcers for the Leafs

Maybe the Leafs are actually bringing it to them. Games ebb and flow.

One break and the momentum changes. Lots of time

Agreed.......Leaves are clogging it up. Habs can't get it going. Many of their games have ended 4-3 over-time so I'm expecting the Habbers to comeback

I hear you about the commentators. Am I overly sensitive, or is Cole EXTRA irritating tonight....and not even because they are losing. He has been annoying from the start.

Jesus, this game is really annoying me. Hate losing to the Lafs. Hate to say it, but Price has got to make some key saves. Until then, he's not gonna see much playing time. Koivu, doing very little out there, except making bad passes. Lats is trying to create some space along the boards, but he's not getting much help. Get Breeezer outta here as soon as possible. C;mon Habs in the 3rd.

Koivu, doing very little out there, except making bad passes. Lats is trying to create some space along the boards, but he's not getting much help. Get Breeezer outta here as soon as possible. C;mon Habs in the 3rd.

Koivu has been useless... I wonder why it was higgins being dropped to the 4th line and not Saku, he needs a wake up call FAST!

Thankfully with O'Byrne being sent down for conditioning I think we have seen the near end of Briesbois being a regular fixture in our lineup.

Agreed.......Leaves are clogging it up. Habs can't get it going. Many of their games have ended 4-3 over-time so I'm expecting the Habbers to comeback

The Leafs play good games every once in a while.

But it takes a whipping to commit to a system. Then they slowly regress, get destroyed and repeat.

They are clogging the centre of the ice and have had active sticks in the passing lanes. They are also

forechecking hard and working their ass off.

Montreal has to fight through it and force them to make boneheaded turnovers which they always do.

I know. I want to punch them everytime they say that someone makes a "dandy" play. And they metaphorically blow Sundin every chance they can get. I mean, Sundin is good, but NO ONE is as good as they claim he is.

We'll need a 3rd vs NJ effort if we're to turn the tides. The Leafs are clogging up the middle, and winning the 1-on-1 battles. We need to evolve, and use our speed. So far, I haven't seen it.

OTT is now leading 3-1.

Edited by lazy26

for the Leafs, it's their stanley cup tonight. Their highlight of the year. They will go back to being shitty tomorrow like always.

I haven't watched CBC for any kind of programming in years. It feels like some boring ass british channel

Koivu has been useless... I wonder why it was higgins being dropped to the 4th line and not Saku, he needs a wake up call FAST!

Thankfully with O'Byrne being sent down for conditioning I think we have seen the near end of Briesbois being a regular fixture in our lineup.

Koivu is playing hard and getting pressure in the T.O zone. His line isn't finishing but then again no one is other than the leafs. Price is looking very regular out there tonight and Toskala is putting on a clinic.

Jesus, this game is really annoying me. Hate losing to the Lafs. Hate to say it, but Price has got to make some key saves. Until then, he's not gonna see much playing time. Koivu, doing very little out there, except making bad passes. Lats is trying to create some space along the boards, but he's not getting much help. Get Breeezer outta here as soon as possible. C;mon Habs in the 3rd.

Now I remember that this was the town that wanted Racicot to start in the 93 playoffs.

Jesus, a one timer from the slot, a one timer from 5 feet and a reboun where the D couldn't recover.

tough crowd.

I sure hope so!

It is frustrating to see the Leafs out play us like this. We always have trouble with their forecheck. We need to use some speed and quality passing.

I hate all of them leaves.

We all know the leafs will suck next game, the point is that the habs can't suck this game... they need this one to keep pace with Ottawa, but this is also network coverage.. show your stuff, stop looking like crap...

I think Carbo should just put the Koivu line back together and leave it there. They just spraed their suckage to the rest of the lines.

Why do the leafs always give us problems?!? This is the same team that got beat 2 nights ago 8-0 by the friggin Florida Panthers. We need a quick goal to get back into this. I'm calling on our Captain, I would love to see an effort from him in the third like the game last year we were down 2-0 heading into the third and he gave a speech to the team in the intermission, then went out and scored 2 goals to force a shootout.

Edited by brboo

I agree. Nothing against Lats, but I'd like to see Higgins - Koivu - S Kosty back together. They may not finish, but they create chances.

Throughout contempory Habs history, in games they tend to go 1 for 3 or 1 for 4 on the PP. Even this year if you look at our PP %, it's clear we can go 1 for 4. A 2 goal lead is the worst to protect in hockey. Hopefully we get some odd breaks and some good play in the 3rd. There is also 2 on 1 potential for us if T.O. continues the agressive forecheck. The Leafs dare not try to do a collapsing protective lead startegy. This game isn't over yet :)

Price must shut the door from here on in

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien