Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 29/02/08

Cataclaw

And Lats played a great physical game. He knows he's gotta keep his spot from Kostopoulos...

Agreed, Even though he didn'T score, Lats played a big physical game!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 goal by both Kostitsyn in the same period! nice

One side game tonight. Sabres aren't the same team, but still, they scored 8 goals last game. So great job Habs to shut them down!

Great win by the Habs tonite. A clear and dominating 6-2 thrashing of the Sabs. Lots of great efforts tonite. 4 points apiece for Kovy and Pleks. Both Tit's scored tonite. Some good physical play by Hammy, Lats, etc. Props to Smokes in the faceoff department tonite.

We play for the 1st place in the Conference tomorrow night!

It will be a tough game. Jersey will surely want to bounce back from their crappy effort tonight. A big test for us, with a good strong effort and a 'W' 1st place in the conference is ours.

That's something !

But that's a great or a bad thing?

Depends weither you're Streit or Koivu!

Streit gets more PP time with Markov and Kovalev my Grandma who is (86) would have at least 20 points on that PP tihs year.

It will be a tough game. Jersey will surely want to bounce back from their crappy effort tonight. A big test for us, with a good strong effort and a 'W' 1st place in the conference is ours.

Agreed. THe Devils will be a tough test tomorrow. they'll want to come out strong to forget the loss tonight. it'll be VERY important to get the first goal tomorrow night! Very important!

Great game tonight. The habs played an almost perfect game!

Another entertaining game from the boys, both teams were skating but we actually managed to play defense now and again to limit odd-man rushes. Plex wasn't slumping at all, he just managed to hit his open nets today. Boy, that second powerplay we really put on a clinic with our passing, I bet the Sabres were getting sick from dizziness.

Not only did we get a hat trick, but we got something else that we rarely see out of our team: a Habs player won a fight, with a punch. Granted, it might not have been the most damaging, but it sent Pratt to the ice. And he can shut up later on in the game when it's 5-2, you lost the fight, you're losing the game, Lats was smart to not waste his time. I was happy with what I saw out the bottom lines tonight, they took care of business by limiting Buffalo's chances. Lapierre's been very good lately.

Our defense was solid as well, Gorges was good again. Haha, Pierre really noticed it as well, when he said his name six times in twenty seconds, it was like he was the only guy on the ice.

Overall, a great team game. Price was good when he had to be, his puck-handling certainly took away a few Buffalo chances that might have been there with Huet in nets. And wow, we're in first place in the Northeast division, I didn't think we'd see this day for a while yet. I love this team we've got.

With two assists for the night, Grabovsky did not look out of place. I am sure he can do a lot better. Just give him more ice time and better wingers, and you'll see.

I think that the production the Habs are getting from Streit offensively is a great thing. It will help out his value at contract time, but there is a good match here. I believe alot will depend on whether Streit is happy in his role with the Habs as d-man/winger as well as being on the first PP unit. If he solely wants a spot on D, then maybe he will look elsewhere as he'll have a tough time cracking the Habs d-corps with the youngsters that are up-and-coming. Even Gorges has pass Streit on the back-end depth chart. I have to believe that Streit likes it in Montreal and BG will get him resigned this summer. However it cost 2-3 million per year at 3-4 years. With his output and value to this offensive machine, i think 3 yrs at 2.5 million is reasonable.

With two assists for the night, Grabovsky did not look out of place. I am sure he can do a lot better. Just give him more ice time and better wingers, and you'll see.

First pass was in the hand of defensemen, Streit took it from homand scored.

Second pass was S.Kost rebound of S. Kost shot.

For better wingers, he can always ask for Damndenault or Krottopolos but i

think Ryder ans Streit are better suited for a third offensive centermen.

Smolinski and Bégin sure prooved

they couln't handle the job for a long strech.

I think Grabovski has an opening for a centre spot, he has to fight for it,every game,

and produce by himself no flaky points.

Great game, good to see a Hat Trick in a win.

Price did not have to do much.

What about that time to worry about Plekanec thread

Kovalev was a beast.

Since I can't blow my own horn in that thread (now closed) I'll have to do it here. The other day I said, " Chill people. There's nothing wrong with Plex. If he keeps working hard, the goals and assists will come".

Habs world Nostradamus strikes again :B)

Since I can't blow my own horn in that thread (now closed) I'll have to do it here. The other day I said, " Chill people. There's nothing wrong with Plex. If he keeps working hard, the goals and assists will come".

Habs world Nostradamus strikes again :B)

Most people who posted in that thread said about the same thing.

Besides the people arguing about Koivu.

Most people who posted in that thread said about the same thing.

Besides the people arguing about Koivu.

That just proves that there are indeed some intelligent minds posting here :hockey:

I can't for the life of me understand why there was no penalty on the Markov elbow. The ref was standing right beside them????!!!!

The Sabers first goal was the luckiest POS I have seen in a long time. What a crazy series of bounces.

How satisfying was it to see Latendresse beat the hell out of that guy - beautiful.

Price was solid. He looks so confident right now and not in his usual dopey way.

The Plex line are raging beasts.

It is hard to believe that we are in first place :clap:

Missed the game last night, caught the highlights this morning and they showed Kaleta's elbow....man oh man. 4 officials out there and they all missed it?

Kaleta was like that when he played for the Petes (OHL) a "turtle"

Latendresse fight was on almost every channel for sport news.

One direct punch, that was it.

That is who he will gain respect, it is just that he should have beat the crap out of Kaleta.

So lately Bouillon, Bégin, Lapierre and Latendresse fight. Good to see that quebecers won't back down.

I would like Dandenault to take his frustration of being out of the line up and do the same thing.