So It's Boston in the 1st round

MAK

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Tim "the toolman" Thomas beating Carey "Jesus" Price 4 times in 7 games...i just don'T see it happening!

Very interesting news boys.

Patrice Bergeron is ready?.

How effective can a guy be who has not seen game action in 5 months. The guy will be a non factor.

There is more of a chance of him doing the Eric Lindros stumble then being a difference maker.

Now that is awesome!

Very interesting news boys.

Patrice Bergeron is ready?.

Ya, i also just read that Bergeron has been cleared to play and may get the green light for round 1. If that is the case, he might not be in game shape, but his skill will help the B's

Therefore, the Habs will need to play as physical as they can with Bergeron, hitting him and even headhunting if possible. Nothing wrong with giving him the odd head shot, especially in scrums or any chance they get. Might make him gunshy.

Must do whatever they can.

I gotta say that i'm surprised Boston would even take that chance with bergeron. I would have waited till next year!

Edited by Habsfan

I gotta say that i'm surp^rised Boston would even take that chance with bergeron. I would have waited till next year!

Stupid actually. You don't throw him to the wolves. This is the playoffs, he has no time to get in game shape.

We are talking about a head injury here. But nothing surprises me anymore.

How effective can a guy be who has not seen game action in 5 months. The guy will be a non factor.

There is more of a chance of him doing the Eric Lindros stumble then being a difference maker.

Now that is awesome!

I hear you. But. Just his presence might give the B's a lift. Not all the way to the cup final but maybe the first round. Much like Koivu when he came back from cancer. I think he has a lot of drive and is an incredible hockey player that I wouldn't just pass off for a Eric Lindros stumble. It does say he will probably not be ready for the first round so my guess is he's still hurting a little,, but the same thing is being said about Koivu's foot.

What is it with all this "I've got a secret, I've got a secret jazz!" Oh right it's PLAY_OFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you. But. Just his presence might give the B's a lift. Not all the way to the cup final but maybe the first round. Much like Koivu when he came back from cancer. I think he has a lot of drive and is an incredible hockey player that I wouldn't just pass off for a Eric Lindros stumble. It does say he will probably not be ready for the first round so my guess is he's still hurting a little,, but the same thing is being said about Koivu's foot.

What is it with all this "I've got a secret, I've got a secret jazz!" Oh right it's PLAY_OFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Lindros came back to the Flyers, played a fantastic game and got obliterated by Stevens because

he was not game ready.

It is a mistake tossing a 22 year old kid into a situation like that with guys like Hamrlik and Komisarek

looking for blood in the playoffs.

What is to gain? Some extra playoff dates?

What can be lost? 6-8 more months? A career?

It is not comparable to Saku. This is a head injury. A career could be destroyed by one more

blow to the head. Lindros, Kariya were never the same after their concussions.

The Stevens hit essentially ended the Big Ediot's career.

Well, Lindros came back to the Flyers, played a fantastic game and got obliterated by Stevens because

he was not game ready.

It is a mistake tossing a 22 year old kid into a situation like that with guys like Hamrlik and Komisarek

looking for blood in the playoffs.

What is to gain? Some extra playoff dates?

What can be lost? 6-8 more months? A career?

It is not comparable to Saku. This is a head injury. A career could be destroyed by one more

blow to the head. Lindros, Kariya were never the same after their concussions.

The Stevens hit essentially ended the Big Ediot's career.

These are all valid points, but one must consider the competence of the Bruins' medical staff. Some teams (e.g., Philly this year) have been known to rush players back from injury, at risk to the health of their players. Is Boston one of those teams? In my opinion, Boston has shown reluctance to do so this year, and so hopefully Patrice is indeed ok to go... if the medical staff says he is. I don't want the Bruins to get any advantages, but I certainly don't want someone as talented as Bergeron getting re-injured or worse.

So let's hope they don't bring him in... win-win, in my opinion. :D

These are all valid points, but one must consider the competence of the Bruins' medical staff. Some teams (e.g., Philly this year) have been known to rush players back from injury, at risk to the health of their players. Is Boston one of those teams? In my opinion, Boston has shown reluctance to do so this year, and so hopefully Patrice is indeed ok to go... if the medical staff says he is. I don't want the Bruins to get any advantages, but I certainly don't want someone as talented as Bergeron getting re-injured or worse.

So let's hope they don't bring him in... win-win, in my opinion. :D

You hate to see players placed at risk. Hopefully they do have his best interest at heart and

he sees game action when he is ready. Next year :)

How can you not be happy with drawing a team that you have won 11 straight against and have not

lost 4 times to in the last 2 full seasons?

If it was Ottawa it would be I am worried that they will wake up and turn it on.

If it was Washington it was they have the 4th best record since November and Ovechkin scares me.

If it was the Rangers it would be we struggle in Madison Square Gardens and they owned us before that comeback.

If it was New Jersey everybody would be afraid that Brodeur would steal a series.

If it was Philly we would be worried about them knocking out a star with their cheap play

etc etc etc

This is the perfect matchup. Style, talent etc.

If they can't beat Boston in the first round, I hate to break it to you, they were not going anywhere anyways.

I agree with you completely on this. Boston is our best bet. The only negative is psychological. They have nothing to lose. No pressure on them. Kind of like us, when we upset them a couple of years ago...

- Jack

One other thing I'd like to mention is that Boston will be going after Kovalev big time. In our last game against them, that's what they did, and it was somewhat effective. Every time he touched the puck, they had 2 or 3 guys on him.

Follow the link in Habs Inside/Out to the Boston site and you'll get more info on this. They plan to neutralize him and go from there. (One guy even said they should "take him out.")

- Jack

Cleared for full body contact in practice is much different than being cleared for game play. Any return of symptoms and he is set back, and he should need at least a week of full practice.

That being said, put him in a waste a roster spot. I dont think he'll be that effective.

Cleared for full body contact in practice is much different than being cleared for game play. Any return of symptoms and he is set back, and he should need at least a week of full practice.

That being said, put him in a waste a roster spot. I dont think he'll be that effective.

They said that about Koivu after cancer/eye surgery. He proved them wrong both times.

A small, speedy C can really inspire heroics from his linemates.

We need to keep tabs on him like they'll be keeping tabs on Kovalev.

I got a bad feeling our secondary scoring will be asleep the first few games, and that's when we'll need them most.

I disagree.

We need to play a rough sreies, because I guarentee you Boston will be.

I agree. If that big goof Chara can throw elbows at Kovy in the corner (he has before), Komi should be looking to take Bergeron out with a similar blow should he play. Tit for tat.