Fabian Brunnstrom

HabsWEST

I just don't think Brunnstrom would be a good fit here. I think he is overated, only 9 goals in elite leagues.

Also, on the Score, Ludzy said that sources told him that Sundin is a possiblity here. Wouldn't that be something

Apparently he's the best player in the world who isn'T playing in the NHL!

He has met with the Habs, the Red Wings and the Stars.

He is supposed to give an answer today. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything!

Thanks I just read about it on TSN.ca

here's the Link!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237147&amp...os=secStory_nhl

I think this guy may have been overhyped!

I LOVE how you added that in when you didn't win him! It's so true though. Worth the risk but I'm pissed it was Dallas. Stupid Stars.....

I LOVE how you added that in when you didn't win him! It's so true though. Worth the risk but I'm pissed it was Dallas. Stupid Stars.....

I wasn'T sold on him from the begining. True, he might become a good NHL player, but why did it take soo long for anyone to find him. It's not like he was playing in Zimbabwe. He was in Sweden! :rolleyes:

Overyhyped?? You mean a guy who nobody has any film of, was undrafted and has less than eye popping stats could be overrated?

I never heard the guy until a month ago. In a day an age when 12 year olds have agents I don't have much faith in a Dean Youngblood appearing

from nowhere. But I guess anything is possible.

signed with Dallas a two year deal in the vicinity of what a top 5 draft pick would get.

good for him but its a bit expensive.

I thought I heard (TSN during the Canada game today) that the Stars don't have a 1st round pick, so they went hard after him..........in essence he's the 1st round pick their missing...

the same guy that could bring the jackets to a playoffs appearance ??

He was simply the fall guy for an underachieving team. If you look at the talent his last team had, there was no reason that team couldn't have made the playoffs. I believed in him far more than I do in Scott Howson. I mean, the man won't resign Hainsey because he says he doesn't want to give money to a 5-6 type d-man. I don't know how he could miss the fact that Hainsey was the team's best all-around defenseman all season long. To call him a third pairing guy is a serious misjudgement of talent, one that will bite them in the ass if they don't sign two top notch free agents on the backend, a doubtful proposition. All the while, the Jackets will be stuck with Kris Russel on the blueline, a kid who has no business being in the NHL.

And then there's coach Hitchcock, he seems intent on ruining Nik Zherdev. Before the season, he talked to Nik and they seemed to get on the same page, and Nik had a great first half. He was challenging Nash for the title of best player on the team. Then all of a sudden Hitchcock lost confidence in him, started playing him on crappy lines, sending him to the box on bench penalties, and never using him on the penalty kill. Zherdev's game followed Hitch's confidence, and he had a lousy second half. Now I read somewhere he's likely to be traded. I hope the Habs step up, he showed me the first half of this year that he can be a star and has heart. A year ago I wanted no part of him, but now I'd welcome him with open arms. I think he'd fit in wonderfully with Carbo, who doesn't seem afraid to let his players be a little creative.

Apparently he's the best player in the world who isn'T playing in the NHL!

He has met with the Habs, the Red Wings and the Stars.

He is supposed to give an answer today. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything!

Some other "Best european not in the NHL" include:

Jiri Dopita

Jaroslav Hlinka

Neither of those two worked out at all.

Overyhyped?? You mean a guy who nobody has any film of, was undrafted and has less than eye popping stats could be overrated?

I never heard the guy until a month ago. In a day an age when 12 year olds have agents I don't have much faith in a Dean Youngblood appearing

The media attention he got through this entire process was ridiculous. He has the potential in my opinion to be a solid player but he was being overhyped by TSN and other sources to be a special player. They didn't say he was but when do you see someone such as this get so much press?

Some other "Best european not in the NHL" include:

Jiri Dopita

Jaroslav Hlinka

Neither of those two worked out at all.

Different situation. Brunnstrom is a lot younger and has time to develop still. It's a lot less riskier too. Brunnstrom's game really could allow him to do well in today's NHL. Am I guarenteeing he'll be any different? Of course not but he has a better shot of actually turning out due to his situation should Dallas make the right decisions.

Anyways, we'll see if all the hype was worth it. It's ironic that Dallas ends up stealing both Brunnstrom and Richards from Vancouver this season though. :lol:

Because of everyones skepticism, I've got an odd feeling Brunnstrom turns out to be dynamite.

Atleast I hope so (even if it is with the Dallas Sucks)

You hope so? Oh my god.... I wish him all the best but not too much. :D

No, I just like when armchair scouts get shot down.

Well the guy tailed off in the 2nd half. To be honest, I don't want to see him do well because of where he signed.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Today Detroit signed Ville Leino of Finland and I believe this was a better move than signing Brunnstrom.

Yea, just a random tidbit I thought I'd share.

Edited by Captain_Stealth