Habs @ Wild | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

montreal200.gif@ wild200.gif
6-1-1 for 13 points....................6-1-1 for 13 points
(4th East)...............................(3rd West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Projected Lineup

(46) A.Kostitsyn- (14) Plekanec- (27) Kovalev
(84) Latendresse- (11) Koivu- (13) Tanguay
(21) Higgins- (20) Lang- (74) Kostitsyn
(17) Laraque* - (40) Lapierre- (6) Kostopoulos

(79) Markov - (8) Komisarek
(44) Hamrlik** - (3) O'Byrne
(51) Bouillon - (26) Gorges

29074.jpg vs. 25108.jpg
Carey Price................Josh Harding

Montreal Player Stats
Minnesota Player Stats

TV: RDS, NHL Gamecenter Live (Free Preview)
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

* Boogard is a scratch for Minnesota, so Begin may get the start instead of Laraque.
** Hamrlik is expected to play, but is a game time decision.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the game !!

working the evening shift, it'll be the second game that I will fully watch this season.

montreal as been able to beat weaker teams now it's time to beat stronger ones( not that minny is a power house...)

it would be nice for the PP to start working and maybe if Guillaume could score a goal to shut peolpe up.

I call OT on this one.

This will be another tough game for our boys. The Habs are 3W-2L-1OTL-1Tie against the WIld all-time.

Jacques Lemaire was on CKAC Sports this morning, and was asked about the Habs offensive threats. He was then asked if his team would play the trap against the Habs and he said YES! He said when you go up against an offensive team like the Habs, you have to do everythin in your power to stop them! This'll be a very exciting game! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways, I also heard that Gaborik is still injured and it doesn't look like he'll play, which is a good thing for the Habs. Another positive aspect for the Habs is that the Wild played last night in Dallas. They did not get home until 2AM...

Come out strong and take the lead vs. the Wild...I just hope they don't play like they did vs the Ducks and the Hurricanes.

I call OT on this one.

I wouldn'T be surprised to see this game go to a shootout! Against a western conference team i don'T mid giving them that extra point, but we need the 2 points to stay at the top of our conference!

** Backstrom was pulled after 1 period last night, while Harding played well in relief. I couldn't find any info on who will start tonight, but I would expect Harding.

as per TSN

Despite a "lower body" injury, defenceman Brent Burns played Wednesday against the Stars. Tomas Mojzis was scratched, as was Colton Gillies for the second time in three games. - Star Tribune

Josh Harding will get the start in goal against the Canadiens tonight while tough guy Derek Boogaard will not play. - TSN

as per TSN

Despite a "lower body" injury, defenceman Brent Burns played Wednesday against the Stars. Tomas Mojzis was scratched, as was Colton Gillies for the second time in three games. - Star Tribune

Josh Harding will get the start in goal against the Canadiens tonight while tough guy Derek Boogaard will not play. - TSN

Haha, I never noticed one section is for Canada and another for the rest of the league. I kept thinking whenever it said "Around the League" it was signaling the previous day's news.

NO Boogy Man.

Means no BGL I would guess.

Yeah, it's too bad, since a Boogard/Laraque scrap would be a classic.

I think this game will be close, but I'll predict a 3-1 win for Les Habitants, with Higgins, Kovalev & Saku Koivu scoring for the Habs, with kid brother Mikko Koivu potting the only Wild goal.

Yeah, it's too bad, since a Boogard/Laraque scrap would be a classic.

I think this game will be close, but I'll predict a 3-1 win for Les Habitants, with Higgins, Kovalev & Saku Koivu scoring for the Habs, with kid brother Mikko Koivu potting the only Wild goal.

Why the hell the anglos call them LES HABITANTS ?? as if the french called them like that !!

the H always meant Hockey but for some reasons it was changed for habitants hence the nickname HABS.

It always bugged me !!

ahhhh feel better now !!

Why the hell the anglos call them LES HABITANTS ?? as if the french called them like that !!

the H always meant Hockey but for some reasons it was changed for habitants hence the nickname HABS.

It always bugged me !!

It doesnt make sense to me either. I read a while back that the CH does indeed stand for Canadiens hockey. As for the habs nickname, back in i think 1929 ( cant remember the year ) Montreal was playing the Rangers and the coach for the rangers was interviewed before the game. During the interview he described Montreal's players as habitants ( because the team was made up entierly of Montreal born players ) and for some reason the nickname has stuck with them since.

Edited by Father&Sonfans

:lol:

We go through the trouble to learn a couple of French words, and we get complaints because they're not the right French words. *sigh* Now I know why Saku didn't even bother!

:P

Breeze is in tonight instead of O'Byrne. Other than that, same lineup as vs. Carolina (Laraque, Begin scratched).

I can't imagine that Laraque will be too happy being scratched again, assuming he is healthy. Hopefully that is not the case and BGL still has a tweaked groin.

Yes, if GL is healthy i am pissed. What the heck did they sign him for. He isn't very tough in the press box. So i have defended GC on most issues but this is pissing me off.

The Florida game was an excelleent game. Panthers starting running players Laraque stopped it. Last game Price got ran and nothing was done. SK got ran twice also.

Boogard isn't the who runs players, he is the one who prevents players from running his team mates.

The Habs need toughness every night, sitting Laraque is just stupid.

I'll take it all back if he is injured obviously.

We go through the trouble to learn a couple of French words, and we get complaints because they're not the right French words. *sigh* Now I know why Saku didn't even bother!

:P

I just looked it up for you guys

http://habsinsideout.com/main/10188

George Laraque is listed as a healthy scratch. :angry:

I really dont believe in this. BGL brings alot more to a team than just the one odd fight. His presence is needed to make sure the game stays clean. Also i watched a great video of him in practice with Kovy where they were taking turns trying to keep the puck away from each other, i believe Kovy is working with him so he can improve his skill in puck handling so he can contribute to the team more than just being a cement head.

I just looked it up for you guys

http://habsinsideout.com/main/10188

George Laraque is listed as a healthy scratch. :angry:

I really dont believe in this. BGL brings alot more to a team than just the one odd fight. His presence is needed to make sure the game stays clean. Also i watched a great video of him in practice with Kovy where they were taking turns trying to keep the puck away from each other, i believe Kovy is working with him so he can improve his skill in puck handling so he can contribute to the team more than just being a cement head.

I would say it was mutual. They sat Booboogard, we sit Georgie.

Would have been "not nice" to start him after they sat their resident fighter.

Think you missed the earlier posts.

If you look at hockey these days " enforcers " arent the ones that run goalies or take cheap shots, they are there to prevent it. And to be honest though i love the fact that we have the best fighter in the NHL on our team, i really think he can do more than just fling fists for the team if given the chance and should be a playing every game.