Habs @ Wild | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Finally.... Habs-Hurricanes was not so bad of a game hein??? ;) Talking about crap/boring game, that was one. We played on pk all night long and the Wild never managed to affraid me.

Holy cow, talking about winning ugly. 20 shots on goal again? I know Minnesota is tough to play against but they were in Dallas the night before.

Slow start: Check

Stupid Penalties: Check

Large amount of turnovers: Check

This has to be the dumbest hockey team i've seen in a long time. Do they understand that hooking and holding is illegal. Time for GC to start benching dumb penalties. Please don't complain about the refs, it's a cop out. I only had a problem with the too many men penalty.

Pk and Price were awsome.

This team is starting to look like the Theo huge year. The team just waits around and has the goalie save them night after night. It will back fire sooner or later. See the Flyers.

The 2nd and 3rd line are invisible. They need a change up.

I don't think i saw more then 2 body checks last night, I have seen better pee wee games.

All in All 2 points is 2 points. Let's hope they pull it together soon.

Holy cow, talking about winning ugly. 20 shots on goal again? I know Minnesota is tough to play against but they were in Dallas the night before.

I don't think i saw more then 2 body checks last night, I have seen better pee wee games.

All in All 2 points is 2 points. Let's hope they pull it together soon.

The 20 shots can be taken to account due to the mass amount of penalties that we took. Didn't seem like it to me? I saw a good paced game. Turnovers? :wacko: who was turning the puck over? Not enough to start ranting about it. I say AK46-Lang-Kovy, Higgins-Plekanec-SK74 is worth a try. Hitting really isn't that much of a concern to me; the season is young...and when you go all out; wear and tear factor begins to kick on production as the season grows old. I'd rather the boys save the hitting for games against physical teams. It was a well deserved 2 points..if your penalty killing is that good, you deserve to win on any given night. What is there to pull together???....they're 7-1-1! you can't ask for much more than that! Price made some good saves, but it's not like the team left him hung out to dry

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Well considering that the Habs spent 16 FULL minutes on the PK (of which about 4 minutes were spent killing 5 on 3's) I'd say that the 21 shots on goal isn't that bad! Think about it, they spent 27% of the game killing penalties!

Once again, I disagree. The team is winning. We have a 7-1-1 record! As long as the team keeps on winning, why change anything? AK46 is just getting back from that hit he took, and you can tell that he's not playing at 100% of his energy level/potential. He's still a bit hesitant. Plekanec is struggling. Add these two together, and it might affect Kovy. But if you compare Kovy's stats to those of last year after 9 games, Kovy is at the same level as he was last year. Give them time, and they will get out of this funk! I garantee it!

This has to be the dumbest hockey team i've seen in a long time. Do they understand that hooking and holding is illegal. Time for GC to start benching dumb penalties. Please don't complain about the refs, it's a cop out. I only had a problem with the too many men penalty.

Try watching the Blue Jackets and then tell me the Canadiens are playing poorly. Now there is a team that turns the puck over and can't start quickly. Seriously, the Habs are winning games, stop complaining.

I am just pointing out they can play better in certain areas. I was only complaining about how many dumb penalties they take.

No, i haven't seen Columbus play. I heard they spanked Colorado last night.

I am just pointing out they can play better in certain areas. I was only complaining about how many dumb penalties they take.

No, i haven't seen Columbus play. I heard they spanked Colorado last night.

Not exactly an accomplishment with Raycroft in goal, haha.

Habsfan, they also had 7 power plays and a 5 on 3 for themselves. I just saying getting 20 shots a game needs to improve.

Lang had a breakaway and didn't even get a shot on goal.

Actually, according to ESPN.com and LaPresse, the Habs had 5 PP's and scored during that 5 on 3. That's 20%, not incredible, but not bad either!

I agree, Lang has struggled lately(3 open net misses in the last 2-3 games and the missed break away) but he'll be OK. He's a veteran and knows his role on this team!

Edited by Habsfan

Wow, that is a stretch comparing this team to the 2002 lead Theo Canadiens.

If Price plays like Theo did that season the Habs will finish with 120 pts, not 87 pts.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000452002.html

I know it was an exagerration, but take a look at that mess of a lineup.

This team is starting to look like the Theo huge year. The team just waits around and has the goalie save them night after night. It will back fire sooner or later. See the Flyers.

Yep. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev isn't much better than Petrov-Gimour-Zednik

and Is the Koivu line much better than Berezin-Perreault-Kilger?

Please...Price has been awesome and he certainly has saved our asses on numerous occasions, but to even compare the two teams is disrespectful to how good we are this year and also direspectful to how bad we were in 01-02.

Wow, that is a stretch comparing this team to the 2002 lead Theo Canadiens.

If Price plays like Theo did that season the Habs will finish with 120 pts, not 87 pts.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000452002.html

I know it was an exagerration, but take a look at that mess of a lineup.

damn beat me to it Wamsley.

Once again, I disagree. The team is winning. We have a 7-1-1 record! As long as the team keeps on winning, why change anything? AK46 is just getting back from that hit he took, and you can tell that he's not playing at 100% of his energy level/potential. He's still a bit hesitant. Plekanec is struggling. Add these two together, and it might affect Kovy. But if you compare Kovy's stats to those of last year after 9 games, Kovy is at the same level as he was last year. Give them time, and they will get out of this funk! I garantee it!

Basically to make sure we keep winning. Two years ago the team played poorly, but still managed to start the season strong thanks to goalies and special teams... then at the first sign of complications the entire team collapsed. Even last year despite a great record, the team didn't play all that well and improvised way too much, but still managed to win thanks to talent, great work ethics, and the powerplay; instead of working on tactics and implementing a strong system, we went into the playoffs unprepared, and we struggled and barely got through an inferior and injured Boston team.

There were obvious problems both years, and consequences that most people not looking through pink-colored glasses could see coming a mile away...

So far this season, the Canadiens are enjoying great sucess not because of strong play, but simply because they are a superior team talent-wise (I only see Detroit as a stronger team... and still I think some of their players are looking much better than they really are because of their superior system). Although I can't see this team collapsing anytime soon, I think that if Carbonneau can't get his team to play smarter and better, they'll go through a few costly ups and downs, and will again struggle in the playoffs.

With this said, things are going well for now, we have great depth and talent, and there's plenty of time for the coaching staff to fine tune their system and strategies... my main concern is that so far, I feel that Carbonneau has been way too conservative, and tends to take too long to identify and fix problems (it cost us a playoff spot two years ago).

Some feel that you should never make changes to something that seems to be working, I think the best use such opportunities to get even better and remain on top...

Yep. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev isn't much better than Petrov-Gimour-Zednik

and Is the Koivu line much better than Berezin-Perreault-Kilger?

Please...Price has been awesome and he certainly has saved our asses on numerous occasions, but to even compare the two teams is disrespectful to how good we are this year and also direspectful to how bad we were in 01-02.

Talent-wise, there is no comparison... but the coaching staff was getting the most out of those guys back in 2001-02 whereas I don't think we're playing even near our full potential at this moment. Sure a 7-1-1 looks amazing... but at least 2-3 of those wins could easily have been losses (ex. Philly, Florida, Boston, Carolina).

Once again, I disagree. The team is winning. We have a 7-1-1 record! As long as the team keeps on winning, why change anything?

But we're still playing very mediocre hockey. Out of the 9 games, we've only had one impressive performance - against Toronto. Every other game was somewhere between decent and painful to watch. They're playing at about 60% of what they can/should be doing regardless of the scores. They're winning games because they're a far better team than the teams they play against but they are still making things tough for themselves.

Lang had a breakaway and didn't even get a shot on goal.

What's your point? Stuff like that happens all the time even to great players.

Edited by BTH

BTH And Cerebus,

I'm not looking at this with rose-coloured glasses, i'm being very realistic. I'd be willing to bet with you that As long as this team keeps winning, Carbo won't change a thing. As much as you might believe that you know a great deal about hockey, i'll bet that Carbo/Gainey know more. I'll trust their judgement! 90% of NHL coaches will tell you that when things are going well(ie: the team is winning) you don,t change anything!

If we struggle a little down the road, there will PLENTY of time to play with the lines. It's too early to make any significant changes!

Winning games = No major shakeups.

Saku clearly said in his 1st intermission interview that although the team has been winning they know thay have to play better than they have in the last few. That's good enough for me.

BTH And Cerebus,

I'm not looking at this with rose-coloured glasses, i'm being very realistic. I'd be willing to bet with you that As long as this team keeps winning, Carbo won't change a thing. As much as you might believe that you know a great deal about hockey, i'll bet that Carbo/Gainey know more. I'll trust their judgement! 90% of NHL coaches will tell you that when things are going well(ie: the team is winning) you don,t change anything!

If we struggle a little down the road, there will PLENTY of time to play with the lines. It's too early to make any significant changes!

When did I say to "change" anything?

Talent-wise, there is no comparison... but the coaching staff was getting the most out of those guys back in 2001-02 whereas I don't think we're playing even near our full potential at this moment. Sure a 7-1-1 looks amazing... but at least 2-3 of those wins could easily have been losses (ex. Philly, Florida, Boston, Carolina).

Exactly my point...comparing the two teams is stupid.