The Habs are trying to trade Kovy for 2 weeks now.

KoZed

This is awful. Almost stomach turning - I hate it. It's the worry that any given scenario that happens is likely to be bad. The only positives is if Kovy comes back rejuvenated or Gainey makes up for it by making a blockbuster that eases the sting of losing Kovalev. And, as bad as Kovy has been this season, when you add up his time with us - this wasn't the way I wanted it to end.

Should I hope for a move or not? :(

It is a bummer the way things are going down but let's look at it realistically. I wish the picture was Kovy and Koivu hoisting the cup, but it won't be. So this summer do we sign Kovalev again? The threads will be loaded with Anti-Kovalevism. I'm sure Gainey would over-pay him and everyone would lose there minds. I'm glad he's done. He will NOT bring a cup to Montreal. Boston will work him over in a series and Kovy does not like to get hit.

I'm done with him, he is just too frustrating to watch. I don't want Gainey to consider signing him again, so no hope for rejuvenation here I prefer to get something in return though if Gainey can manage that. Who the hell wants the moody ****

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now we get to watch the captain lead us to missing the playoffs again...I suppose he's won another power-play with another player he couldn't get along with. Helps when the owner is in your corner, backing you up. More mediocrity, more nothingness, competing with the Leafs for 8th, constantly missing the playoffs acceptable, as long as Saku feels good we all feel good, hm?

Why do people have a prob with Kovalev calling out youngsters? It is everywhere in the press, with the fans: shows some sort of, I don't know, leadership qualities? Christ even Carbo called out Koivu's leadership abilities as a Captain.

We'll trade Kovalev for some over-the-hill 'grit' centre with no playmaking ability; miss the playoffs; resign Koivu and wait for him to pick another player he doesn't get a long with; and be a mediocre, 8th-chasing team again.

I'm writing on emotion but also am sick of losing, no-hope seasons.

Let's face it... this season is done. The team is a mess.

This reminds me of Ottawa last year with emery.

We have lost too much talent and have too many room problems. None of us know what is really going on, but imagine how bad it is for Gainey to take these actions... #### was banashed to Hamilton.. Kovy dumped. Yikes....

I agree the season looks a wash - a miracle would be 2nd round.

But I just see the same pattern developing next year, with Koivu as Captain, finding players who can get along with him. Of course Kovalev was not playing well; to think the whole thing is his fault, as had been suggested, is ignoring the last 10-12 years of the team, almost all of which look hauntingly familiar.

Get rid of both of you must and start again, build up a 1st line.

I hear ya. I should add that I meant rejuvenated for the remainder of this season and possibly a force in the post season. I don't want him back in 09-10

Ya, but should that happen, Gainey will make him an offer for 4 or 5 million in the summer. He'll take it because nobody else will make him an offer and we're back to this for 2-3 more years. No Thanks

Leave Now!!!

The season is not over if this is a funk like the Wings going on a 1-9-1 record last year in February. This funk is worse though - tonight's the night!!! I'm praying for the strategic adjustments to work out/be followed. Number 2, Gainey just threw a monkey wrench in to the room. Hopefully the players respond to the new reality positively. That's alot to hope for. But these things just might come together.

But yeah, it doesn't look good.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Ya, but should that happen, Gainey will make him an offer for 4 or 5 million in the summer. He'll take it because nobody else will make him an offer and we're back to this for 2-3 more years. No Thanks

Leave Now!!!

That's bananas - no way Gainey offers that contract to Kovalev, no matter what, not with the obvious probs between him and the coach, and of course him and the precious captain. Also, fear of an over-dominant clique developing in the team will put that to rest.

OK, here is my take on all this. If Kovy is coming back, we all know he and Saks are the leaders of the team. If there isn't going to be a trade, Koivu should ask the team how they feel about co-captaincy with Kovalev. Then bring it to Carbo. We want Alex to be co-captain with Saku. Puts all the dressing room crap to bed. The reality is that Kovy is the Co-captain anyway. This restores faith in Kovy, and shuts the media up for a while.

Well everyone can get off Kovalevs back now

Hes obviously not the cause of the problems....and probably could have helped in that shootout.....Doh.....things just keep getting worse. Even Gainey decsisions are back firing

Hes obviously not the cause of the problems....and probably could have helped in that shootout.....Doh.....things just keep getting worse. Even Gainey decsisions are back firing

I'll admit I didn't see the game, but based on the stats and what people told me, the Habs played a lot better than they have lately. Losing in a shootout to the 2nd best team in the conference is a significant step forward from where they've been lately.

I was expecting to come on here and read posts saying that the good performance from our team proved that Kovalev was a "cancer." Not the other way around.

I think it was a great move by Gainey. The team seems to have re-found their game since the lack of talent on the roster forced them to play a different style. When Kovy comes back, the team will be playing better (unless they screw up tonight) and I think Kovalev will play better too.

A shootout game is a tie to me, win or lose. Having Kovalev in the shootout we still would've lost 2-1 (if Kovy got a goal, he's only about 1 for 4 in the shootout on average)... because you assume Carbo still would've used the same 2 guys that missed their shots along with Kovalev.

The PP went 3 for 4 with Schneider and no Kovalev. Plekanec, Higgins, Price and Andrei Kostitsyn had their best games in a while... for Plex and Higgins, it was their best games of the season.

Let's see how they react to a second game in two nights. If they can repeat last night's efforts, they'll beat a reeling Pittsburgh team.

Edited by saskhab