April 16th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 1 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like how he is competing. They need to find a way to get him and AK46 engaged.

I agree, but I think it is a lost cause. He has played okay in spurts this year, but this is not the kind of game he excels at (hard hitting, tight defense, etc). He was hot last year, but rapidly became invisible in the playoffs.

I think we have more hope of our 3rd line going on a scoring rampage. At least they generate chances.

Hell yeah, now I believe. Think what we could do with Markov on the team.

Tied game late in the 2nd, isnt this what the B's have done to us all season long? Scoring moralbreaking goals late in periods against us?

We need 1 goal and a good period from Price.

I don't understand any of the negative comments on this board.

The Habs are playing a strong road game. The weathered the early storm, when the Bruins

broke through they responded right away, they have been great on the PK and they are slowiy

taking over the game.

Through 2, outside of the Habs up by 2-3, can you really have asked for anything more?

This is exactly why I wanted the Bruins, because I knew they would compete, I knew the Bruins

would bring out the best in them, they might have slept walk through the Caps.

The Habs are playing a strong road game. The weathered the early storm, when the Bruins

broke through they responded right away, they have been great on the PK and they are slowiy

taking over the game.

Through 2, outside of the Habs up by 2-3, can you really have asked for anything more?

This is exactly why I wanted the Bruins, because I knew they would compete, I knew the Bruins

:clap:

taking over the game.

When we wrote "what a shot" we meanth that it was a good shot as in positive :D

Good road game so far by the Habs. In the 2nd they had some decent scoring chances. I've been hard on him all year, but strong game by Higgins. He's been one of the best Habs tonite.

Cmon Habs, win it in the 3rd.

taking over the game.

I would rather have the caps.. NYR did sleep walk through that game, and won. Theo is the achilles heel of that team and their D sucks. Our skill guys could rack up a bunch of goals on Theo. Add some decent goaltending from Price/Halak, and we could win that series.

I am glad we are hanging in there, but I don't think we win a series against Boston. They are beating us down. I think we can get a split in Boston with a bit of luck and hard work, but if we make it to game 6 I will be surprised/happy.

Scary thing is that we could have a 4-2 lead now, at least a 3-2 lead if Tanguay wouldve scored on his wideopen net there. My arms were high up in the air when he shot that shot.

C'mon Akost and Pleks... get it going! Our first line is taking Chara on, so our 2nd line needs to step it up. One good period and we are up 1-0. C'mon boys...

I would rather have the caps.. NYR did sleep walk through that game, and won. Theo is the achilles heel of that team and their D sucks. Our skill guys could rack up a bunch of goals on Theo. Add some decent goaltending from Price/Halak, and we could win that series.

I am glad we are hanging in there, but I don't think we win a series against Boston. They are beating us down. I think we can get a split in Boston with a bit of luck and hard work, but if we make it to game 6 I will be surprised/happy.

I have no confidence they would have showed up

taking over the game.

What kind of Habs fan are you? They aren't winning, so they suck. Sheesh. Get with the program. :P

I mean, Tangs? Missing an open net? (And I don't care if Wideman did get his stick on that, Tangs clean missed the open cage. Where are those who come to the boards the instant Higgsy misses pointing out Tangs mistake?) :rolleyes:

Don't understand the hate. Perfectly reasonable road playoff game. They've been dominated for stretches, but they've actually managed to dominate for moments as well. They're even "man-ing" up as most wanted them to do. The only no-shows are on the second line so far. Might as well be playing with three lines. Plex, Kosty and D'Ago are *painfully* perimeter. Not impressed.

And what's with slagging Price? Even Don Frikkin Cherry said he had legitimate reason to question the ref on the first goal, and Don is a Boston lover. I mean, come on, some of the standards on this board are embarassing. NO ONE plays the way some guys here want them to play.

Grab a beer, sit back, RELAX, and enjoy the hockey. I think any non-Canadien, non-Bruin fan would actually say it's been a pretty good game. Sure, Montreal is the lesser of the teams so far, but it's not a huge domination, and pretty typical for a first playoff game when the adrenaline is pumping extra hard for the home team with the crowd going berzerk.

What did you expect? All we can do is grind it out. The habs showed us this period that they can still play even though they are getting beat up. 95% of that period was a pretty neutral period. That other 5% was kovys bullet! :clap:

I am so proud of what our boys have done in teh first 40 minutes of this game!!

Keep up the good work boys, and good things will happen!!!

WHAt a SHOT by Kovy!!!